“Fantastic!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Pittsburgh, Pa
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

A beautiful hotel, inviting. Very clean rooms and pleasant staff who treated us as though we were very important to them! Great location for traveling around Old Town Alexandria on foot. I got a great deal, but I hear it CAN be pricey. Bed was comfortable and we are unfortunately picky about this! We left our dog at home, but I LOVE that they cater to dogs like they do ... water bowls, treats, supplies. A wonderful get away spot that we will go back to in the future!!

Room Tip: Nice big King beds in King rooms. Roomy.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerKateEllis, Manager at Monaco Alexandria, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Dear bodhi0916,

We're so glad that you felt you got a good value for your dollar when you stayed recently at Hotel Monaco Alexandria. We'd love to have you stay with us again. We price match any published rate you find for our hotel online so don't hesitate to call us next time you are coming to town!

1,159 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Philadelphia area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I drove down from NJ on Saturday morning (4/7) for spring break/Easter weekend with my 8 yr old son. From the moment we drove up, until the moment we left, we were treated like royalty. I cant say enough about the staff--everyone so friendly, always smiling. You can tell they truly enjoy working there and take great pride in the hotel. Our room was spotless, and well appointed with comfortable beds, luxurious Frette linens....and of course a goldfish.The pool is kept nicely heated, stocked with fresh towels and comfortable chairs to lounge. We came down on Saturday night for movie night and my son had a blast.
Each day at 4PM they have kids hour in the lobby, complete with over sized board games and xbox kinect. It was so nice to just hang out with other families and let the kids play, then at 5 the grownups could have a glass of wine and relax.
The hotel was the perfect 'jumping off point' to see all the sights in DC. Saturday, while we waited for check-in time, we stored our luggage and took a cab ride to Mt. Vernon. If you are in need of a taxi, please look for Samuel from White Top Cab (#458--minivan). He was very friendly, courteous and informative. We arranged for him to pick us up at Mt. Vernon as well--he arrived right on time, and his cab is impeccably clean and comfortable.
Also, from the hotel, its a short walk to the Metro station. We took the ride in on Easter Sunday and spent a day walking and touring DC. The Monaco is perfectly situated---away from the DC traffic, yet close enough to cab or take public transportation to see all the historical areas. And, there is great shopping and a variety of restaurants just steps from the hotel. I loved the fact that CVS is also right across the street in case you forget anything from home.
I think what I truly appreciated about my stay was the personal touch that the staff provided. Each and every one took the time to talk with my son, ask what he did during the day---he always got a smile and a high-five on the way in and out the door. It was really special, and I know we'll be back again. My son actually asked if he could live there!
So, thanks to everyone at Monaco for a wonderful time and we look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Our room had a street view, which was a little noisy until early evening. No complaints, however, a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear JRZFlyer,

We'd love to let your son move in, if we could, we would! Guess we will just have to settle for your next visit. We'll be sure to have a goldfish ready, too!

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

The hotel is a class act and the service is impeccable, but my floor was very smoky. I assume I was on a smoking floor. Other than that, NO complaints at all. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in while staying in a hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ManagerKateEllis, Manager at Monaco Alexandria, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear Sarah C,

Thanks for the great comments about our staff and the service they provide to our guests. I am sorry that you found the hallways smoky. Our building is completely non smoking and I am sorry that you noticed this before our staff did. We'll be sure to pay better attention and use our sniffers more next time!

NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Can't say enough good things about this hotel - service was great, room was nice, food at Jackson 20 was great. The bellmen/doorman remembered us each time (TK, Michael and others - they moved so fast it was hard to see their name tags!), the front desk was helpul with whatever the need and Christi at the bar at Jackson 20 was great too - she asked everyone their name and managed a full bar by herself.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear A D,

We will of course say Thank You for saying so many good things about our hotel! Please let us know when you are ready to come back and we will be sure to have BK, Michael and Christi at the ready.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012 via mobile

just found out that my debit card was charged an extra $250. from my stay last week for "room damage"...I was there alone with my 12 yo daughter who spilled hot chocolate on the comforter....housekeeping supposedly determined that it was "bodily fluid" and discarded the sheets and so They took it upon themselves to bill me without proof or documentation or a phone call....WILL NEVER!!!! Stay there again and have stayed there several times in the past....there are many many other great hotels in the area...take your business there!!!

Stayed March 2012
Dear Susan S,

I am sorry about the trouble of the extra cleaning fee from your room. I'd invite you to call the hotel directly at 703.549.6080 and speak with Miguel, our Director of Housekeeping to see if we can work something out for you.

I hope we hear from you soon.

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

the management here is definitely doing things the right way. Every single person from the hotel staff was courteous, pleasant and completely professional. Sam and Andrew on the Front Desk deserve special praise for going out of their way to handle any question or concern. Sade and Colleen in Sales help me set up my visit (I was coordinating a group of friends for a weekend visit) and went the extra mile to make our stay special. The team at the Front Door are so friendly and fun. Just a fantastic staff attitude!
As for the hotel, well, it is terrific. Loved the room and the bathroom was very nice. Beds and linen were top notch. Very high comfort standard. The wine hour was great fun. Perfect time to meet the puppy guests and make our evening plans.
I love this hotel and I will be going back!!!!!

Room Tip: free wifi if you join the loyalty program (has lots of perks(
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear cmcfong,

Thanks for the praise of Sam, Andrew, Sade and Coleen. We think they are great too! We hope your group was as impressed as you were. Please come back to visit us again soon!

Acworth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

This was my second stay at the Hotel Monaco and I was concerned my first experience couldn’t be replicated. I was especially concerned because based on my recommendation; several associates canceled their reservations at other hotels and booked their stay at the Monaco. The moment my wife and I approached the front entrance I was met by familiar faces; the seven months between visits was gone. Yes, the hotel is wonderfully quirky, eclectic, and in the heart of Old Town; but it’s the staff that brings it all together. They treated us as if we were the laser focus of their attention. I look forward to future stays at the Hotel Monaco; as do my associates.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear ISC624,

Thanks for the great recommendation. Our staff works hard to make sure you never look bad! Please reach out if we can ever help with future accommodation's needs or special requests.

Hotel Monaco Alexandria

Been to Monaco Alexandria, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!