The close proximity to the Metro Station is the biggest selling point for this property. Also, the Staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean but it was a bit loud because of the Traffic from the highway and also, the annoying heating unit.
Overall, It was worth the price we paid and would probably stay there again because it was inexpensive and convenient. It was not close to downtown Alexandria, if that is what you are looking for. My husband and I had our car so it was easy enough to get down there but if you take the Metro over to King street, you are still about 15 minutes on foot to where the cool shops and restaurants are. If you intend on staying at the hotel to visit Washington DC, leave at least one afternoon to spend in Old Alexandria... it is quite charming.
Oh, one negative point to make about this hotel... They offer a seafood buffet on certain nights... We did not eat at the buffet but we could smell the fish from our room! The lobby, the elevator, everything stunk of seafood. Not sure if this is a common occurence but it was not enjoyable.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Alexandria Sw Eisenhower Ave Hotel
- Holiday Inn Alexandria Sw Eisenhower Ave Hotel Alexandria
- Holiday Inn Telegraph Rd
- Holiday Inn Alexandria
- Alexandria Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn - Alexandria - I-95 hotel at Telegraph Road, a full service hotel conveniently located near the Capital Beltway/I-95, and minutes from Old Towne Alexandria, Washington, DC, Reagan National Airport (DCA), and the Eisenhower Metro Station. Our hotel has many features designed with you in mind: well appointed guest rooms, free high-speed Internet access, complimentary airport shuttle, indoor pool, fitness center, and ample free parking. The Holiday Inn Alexandria also offers the Eisenhower Station Restaurant & Lounge where Kids Eat Free, meeting facilities able to accommodate up to 350 guests, and much more.Area attractions include: the Smithsonian museums; Mt. Vernon, home of George Washington; Washington DC area memorials such as the George Washington Masonic National Memorial, the Vietnam Memorial, the WWII Memorial, and the Holocaust Memorial Museum; Arlington National Cemetery; and the White House. This Alexandria hotel is approximately one mile from Michael Baker Engineering, the Federal Courthouse, the Hoffman Buildings, AMC theatres and Strayer University.We look forward to meeting all of your lodging needs when your business or pleasure travels bring you to the historic Alexandria, Virginia area and our nation's capital ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Alexandria SW Eisenhower Ave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.