I was put in charge of planning a family vacation for my parents, my sister and her husband, and my own family of four. After many hours of searching the internet trying to find a hotel that met all of our criteria, I selected this HI. I figured that it would be "average to O.K.", at best. (Metro location was very important to us.) Boy was I surprised!
The building is older, but the rooms were well decorated and maintained. Our rooms were quiet and clean. We did have a microwave and refrigerator in each of our rooms -- we had a mixture of kings and doubles. The pool was great for the kids. Everyone got signed up for HI's Priority Club so we got free breadkfasts, free drinks, and coupons for restaurant orders. We did take advantage of the breakfast and drink coupons. The breakfast buffet was very good with a great assortment.
The location is great! The metro is less than a half block away. There are plenty of restaurants and shops in the area. We felt very safe there.
The biggest plus for this property is the staff. They were very professional and hospitable. They even sent the shuttle the half block to the Metro station to pick us up in the middle of a sever thunderstorm.
The only complaint we had was the size of the bathrooms. They are quite small.
The next time we go back to D.C. we will be staying at the HI at Telegraph Road.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Alexandria Sw Eisenhower Ave Hotel Alexandria
- Holiday Inn Alexandria Sw Eisenhower Ave Hotel
- Holiday Inn Telegraph Rd
- Holiday Inn Alexandria
- Alexandria Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn - Alexandria - I-95 hotel at Telegraph Road, a full service hotel conveniently located near the Capital Beltway/I-95, and minutes from Old Towne Alexandria, Washington, DC, Reagan National Airport (DCA), and the Eisenhower Metro Station. Our hotel has many features designed with you in mind: well appointed guest rooms, free high-speed Internet access, complimentary airport shuttle, indoor pool, fitness center, and ample free parking. The Holiday Inn Alexandria also offers the Eisenhower Station Restaurant & Lounge where Kids Eat Free, meeting facilities able to accommodate up to 350 guests, and much more.Area attractions include: the Smithsonian museums; Mt. Vernon, home of George Washington; Washington DC area memorials such as the George Washington Masonic National Memorial, the Vietnam Memorial, the WWII Memorial, and the Holocaust Memorial Museum; Arlington National Cemetery; and the White House. This Alexandria hotel is approximately one mile from Michael Baker Engineering, the Federal Courthouse, the Hoffman Buildings, AMC theatres and Strayer University.We look forward to meeting all of your lodging needs when your business or pleasure travels bring you to the historic Alexandria, Virginia area and our nation's capital ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Holiday Inn Alexandria SW Eisenhower Ave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.