“Wonderful time” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Summerville,S.C.
“Wonderful time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We attended a memorial service AT Arlington National Cemetary and had a wonderful stay at this Holiday Inn. The staff and service were right on. Any questions you asked the front desk were answered promptly. The rooms were immaculate, the breakfast was great. Great location. Sorry to hear they would be closing this Holiday Inn at the end of the month. Very convient to the Metro.

Room Tip: Unfortunately hotel is probably closed for good now.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Mays Landing, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel was a last minute booking through hotels.com and I have to say we were surprised to learn when we checked in that they are closing the end of the month. The hotel staff was great and hotel was very clean. Ashame they are closing it was in a great location. Figured it was still worth giving a review since we had a nice experience with our 3 day stay!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Pennington, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Upon check in we asked and were told about the closing date. The staff did not know what was replacing it,

We walked to metro so that was convenient, Parking was plentiful, safe and free. Of course this all irrelevant in two weeks!

And we were worried about staff from previous commentors but they were friendly and helpful. No problems at all.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria SW Eisenhower Ave, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear NJtravelling,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we all hope to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Galway, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed here sharing a room as a family of four with two teenage sons. The rooms was adequate, if on thew small side with two slightly shrunk queen-size beds. Traveling into D.C. is easy from a near-by (200 meters) Metro station; note however that using the Metro in D.C. is quite expensive. The hotel is ok, nothing to write home about (including the mediocre breakfast buffet). Yes, there is a pool -- but it's divided into a swimming and a non-swimming part so lane-swimmers, don't get your hopes up! On the positive side, there are a couple of restaurants in the Plaza just across the street -- with Delia's grill and pizza place (see www.deliasbrickovenpizza.com) particularly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria SW Eisenhower Ave, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear GalwayGeographer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the issues you had with most of our amenities particularly with the pool and the dissatisfaction you encountered with our service level. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Dhan M
Hagerstown, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

stayed here over the weekend while visiting old towne and dc, I understand from staff its closing in just a few weeks so have to say I was surprised rooms were as cleaned as they were and things went smoother than I had expected after reading many of the reviews. everything in halls and such were kind of dated and a bit worn but room as good sized and well kept. was going to eat at the restaurant for breakfast one morning until I observed one of the servers eating something and spitting something into a cup while cleaning one of the tables so I guess not everyone is still giving it their all

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria SW Eisenhower Ave, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear d a m,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am happy to know that you found our rooms clean and well kept. However, I am very sorry for any dissatisfaction you may have encountered during your stay, particularly with the condition of the hallways and the level of service you received. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service.

Thank you for your time and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Boulder, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I travel a lot on business, and this place didn't fit the bill. I didn't intend to write a review, but upon checkout my bill had a trip advisor card requesting that I share my opinion. Since they are trolling for reviews, here ya go....

I cancelled my rental car when I saw they had a shuttle for trips to DCA and old town Alexandria. When I arrived, I called for the shuttle, but the call was never answered, so I took a taxi. When I checked in, I asked about the shuttle to old town (good dining there) and was told that no shuttle drivers were working that day (Monday).

The room type I reserved wasn't available, so I was downgraded. They desk supervisor offered to comp my dinner, and to just come back to the from desk when I was ready. I returned a couple hours later and talked to the same desk clerks who now couldn't remember this offer. After much discussion, they remembered. The meal was fair (more focused on quantity than quality), though they got the order wrong.

Stuff happens when travelling, so I could take all this in stride. But the second day they crossed the line... no internet. The wireless stopped working so I was unable to work the next evening. I asked if there were nearby places, and they didn't have a clue. The hotel is out of the way, so after walking a mile or so, I gave up. This really set me back on my workload. Perhaps they take "Holiday" too literally.

The day before checkout, I asked to reserve the airport shuttle. It leaves on the hour, I had a meeting ending at 2 and they kindly agreed to reserve the shuttle for 2:15. Because so much had gone wrong, when I checked out the next morning I verify the reservation, and found out they had changed it to 2:00 (but without letting me know, somehow thinking it would OK for me to show up at 2:15 and be told I missed the shuttle).

I have another meeting in two weeks, and I know where I won't stay

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria SW Eisenhower Ave, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear UnoMasPorFavor,

First of all, thank you very much for staying with us. As hospitality professionals, we strive to be the best in the industry, but it seems we have failed to meet your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced, particularly with the shuttle, internet and level of service received. We value all the feedback we receive as this is our best resource for improvement.

Should your travel plans bring you back to the area, we look forward to serving you again, and hopefully you'll see the improvements made.

Charisse V
Buderim, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This hotel is situated in a great location. Just 100 meters from the train station and across the road from a group of restaurants. We took the metro train into the city every day to save driving. very easy to navigate the train lines once you know. we got a travel card and put money on it. this is the easiest and cheapest way to go.mask the station master for help,in getting one if you cant work it out. we did and he was more than happy to help.There is also a restaurant in the hotel where you can get breakfast, lunch and dinner. Very reasonable priced. We had a double bed room and it was quite adequate for our needs, we stayed here for 4 nights and the only thing is there is no guest laundry. It is easy to find as it is just off the highway. The staff were very pleasant and accommodating.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Alexandria SW Eisenhower Ave? Share your experiences!