“Excellent hotel in Alexandria, VA” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #22 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
New York City, New York
“Excellent hotel in Alexandria, VA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel has a friendly and courteous staff. The rooms are clean and amenities all work. The cost is competitive for hotels in this area of convenience. Access is right off the interstate, a little tricky at the entrance but easy once you enter the first time.
I ate at the bar for my evening meal and the menu was not large but the choice I made was good.
My breakfast was typical of the Holiday Inn breakfasts with a buffet and order off the menu. Service was good, particularly one young lady by the name of Dinnat (not sure of the spelling), who gave me service that felt personal and made conversation that was not just passing the day.
Check in was courteous and efficient, parking is ample and secure.

Room Tip: Join the IGH Priority Club for the benefits, they are worth it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tracie R, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria SW Eisenhower Ave, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Service is a top priority here and you can be assured Da'nette from our restaurant always goes out of her way to make someone's day just a little brighter. She will be thrilled to know you remembered her and made a point to mention her in your comments and it is very appreciated all around.

Thank you for all of your positive comments and we look forward to the opportunity to have you as a guest in our hotel again in the future!

258 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

This was my third time staying here. The service, cleanliness, bed comfort, hot water with good pressure in shower, free parking with hotel stay, location to metro to visit dc and king street, close to restaurants and movie theatre on walk to metro, and we were able to check in early. Also much cheaper than staying in DC.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you very much for your loyalty, this is what we love to hear and strive to accomplish with all of our guests! Hopefully you are taking advantage of the IHG Rewards Club membership, but if not be sure to join up online or with one of our front office team members the next time you are here.

Your feedback and comments are very appreciated and we look forward to your next visit with us!
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I'm currently serving on active duty in the Marine Corps. I've been to several hotels due to traveling a lot for my job as a recruiter. The personnel at this hotel were so hospitable and really were great people. They took care of anything I needed. I asked if they had a hot tub and unfortunately they didn't. Instead of stopping there, they searched nearby places to see where I could enjoy the comforts of a hot tub/spa. They then called me and informed me of places, and even paid for 50% of the costs of the spa because of the inconvenience. OUTSTANDING customer service. The food at the hotel restaurant was amazing. The bar tender at the bar took great care of us and was very nice. If you go to Alexandria for any reason, you are wasting your money going to any other hotel. Hands down.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed 3 nights in this hotel earlier this year (May) and found it ideally located if you are a "public transport"-traveller. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the metroline that takes you to Alexandria Old town in 5 minutes, to Arlington Cemetary in 25 minutes and to Central DC in 30 minutes. Rooms are spacious and clean, all facilities present. No noise from nearby Capitol Beltway. The hotel has a good restaurant and a cozy bar. There is also a movie theatre & good restaurants just across the street. Staff was friendly & helpfull.
I booked on the site of Holiday Inn and got the best rate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
The area around the hotel is always expanding and more shopping is coming soon so please come back and stay with us again, there will be something new for you to experience!
Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I got this hotel as an "express deal" through a website where I typically bid for hotels. Not expecting much for the price ($72). The staff was exceptionally helpful and pleasant. I loved the hotel's complimentary shuttle to Old Town Alexandria -- made going to dinner and enjoying sangria much easier. Room was comfortable and clean. Gym was at least adequate. The parking lot was a little hard to get to, but the hotel itself is conveniently located.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise from traffic.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
The price you pay doesn't matter to us! We take care of everyone regardless and are very glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the very near future!
Watertown, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was looking for a motel with Metro access into DC and this one was about $80 cheaper per night (prepaid) than comparable motels I found. This made me a little worried but it turned out just fine. I flew into Reagan Airport (DCA) and took the yellow line Metro to the Eisenhower stop. Literally about 20 minutes. The motel is about a 5-8 minute walk from the Metro. The motel is located in a sea of parking lots and freeways. The area seemd very safe, even at night. No retail in the area that I saw, but there is a Starbucks and a Ted's Montana Grille (highly recommend!!) about 2 blocks away. The motel itself is old (70s?) but they are doing the best they can with what they have. The bathrooms are very small, but everything is clean and fresh. The lobby, restaurant, and bar are cramped, but again, what can they do? Found the staff to be friendly. At checkout my "pre-paid" room bill showed a $3 balance. Really? Did the taxes change in the 2 months since I made the res. and paid for it?! Seems weird. Nonetheless, I was very satisfied overall and would definetly return and recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Tracie R, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria SW Eisenhower Ave, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
We are so glad you found our hotel and felt safe staying here. We are located in the very safe neighborhood of Alexandria so no one should ever feel they have anything to worry about when they check-in here. The suburban neighborhood does not give the impression of an unsafe area and we are glad you noticed that when you arrived to the hotel.

You were almost spot on with the build date of the hotel, 1968 and yes we do keep up on everything here- we actually just finished a full renovation in January of 2012! If you noticed anything we could do to make any additional improvements, we absolutely welcome your feedback and always are listening.

As for your final bill, yes it may seem strange but as of August 1st the city of Alexandria did in fact raise the occupancy tax rate on hotels so that was the reason your invoice had the remaining balance. Rest assured the hotel did not keep the extra money, we did have to send that off to Uncle Sam to cover the increase in taxes.

We would love to see you as a guest again in our hotel and truly appreciate your feedback! Thank you very much for staying with us and please let us know when you decide to come back so we can say hello!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

As I was staying at this hotel on a recent business trip I saw a few things that seemed off. First, I was in the bar for an after work drink when I was approached by a staff member to join them for a free dinner buffet. I have no idea what it was for but who does not like free food! Then while I was at the buffet I noticed an inappropriate dressed mannequin, not sure what she represented but it was distastful.

As far as the staff they were all pretty nice and I had no issues. The rooms where pretty much the common holiday inn style, nothing to write home about. The price for a room is a bit more than it should be at a holiday inn. I am pretty sure I will be looking elsewhere on my next business trip in this area.

• Stayed September 2013
Tracie R, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria SW Eisenhower Ave, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
It sounds as though you were here with us during our IHG Rewards Club open house event, which we hold on average once per month as a way to say 'Thank you' to all of our loyal and new guests! We do offer a wonderful, themed dinner buffet and free drinks to everyone who attends and while it is a chance for everyone to sign up for the IHG Rewards Club, it is not a requirement. We will do a better job of ensuring that the premise of the open house is made clear to all of our guests in the future, thank you very much for bringing that to our attention.

As for 'Betty', our mannequin, our sincerest apologies that you found this to be in poor taste. Our most recent theme was the "End of Summer" and having her dressed as a hula girl near the buffet was simply for extra decoration. This obviously did not go over well with you and for that please accept our sincerest apologies. Your feedback will be brought to the attention of our General Manager immediately.

Thank you for sending us your comments and we do hope that you reconsider staying with us in the future. We would love to have you come back and try our hotel again as we know that we can offer you a better experience.

Been to Holiday Inn Alexandria SW Eisenhower Ave? Share your experiences!