Stayed here for Friday, July 5 thru Sunday, July 7th. In town for Nationals v Padres game on Saturday at Nationals Park. The hotel is directly across the street from the Eisenhower Avenue Metro Station----amazingly convenient. The Station, like all Metro stations, has free parking on the weekends but the hotel is so close we did not even need to move our car. Hotel parking was free and seemed plentiful.
Check-in on Friday was nice yet humid. There seems to be a real lack of ventilation in the common areas of the hotel including the lobby and the hallways. Elevator is a mite better; exercise room had no real ventilation and was a bit steamy when I visited on Saturday morning. Further the exercise room had no water in the water cooler and no towels available. Perhaps I got there before housekeeping had a chance to freshen up the exercise room for the day; I sure hope that was the case.
Room was nice. Two double beds with plenty of pillows and well-heeled air conditioning unit. Microwave and fridge on hand. Shower drain seemed to stop up when I was taking a shower; not sure why this occurred. Nice sitting chair and ottoman along with office desk and comfortable accompanying chair.
Breakfast was pretty good but probably not quite worth the $12.95 "special" rate. If you were inclined and able to go elsewhere for breakfast going elsewhere may be a better deal. Food was good; fresh fruit and nice selection--pineapple, grapes, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, bananas (one day only), oranges (one day only). Milk and yogurt were availalbe as were bagels, toast, and English muffins. Scrambled eggs on bar and the ability to have eggs cooked your way----I enjoyed my three egg whites on the second morning of my stay. Meat is the usual pork products--bacon and sausage. Apple juice, orange juice, and grapefruit juice were good too.
Interesting occurence on second day of breakfast: after being seated the male waiter took my breakfast voucher and proceeded to point to the "gratuity not included" language thereupon. I thought this was a bit forward and unusual. Ironically the waiter never checked on me and my brother to ask if we wanted coffee, specialty eggs, or anything. The only time he even visited our table was to remove my plate after we had spent about 25 minutes eating and were about to leave. You can imagine how this was acknowledged in his meager tip. Ironically the hostess actually asked me if I had everything I needed and when I told her that I wanted three egg whites she went directly to the kitchen and placed the order. Within 5 minutes I had my egg whites and thanked her for checking on us. This service snafu---the waiter not really waiting on our table----can be easily fixed.
All in all a pretty good stay. The air flow and quality in the common areas does need to be improved since the summer is upon us and it will only get hotter. Great, fresh, and clean property with excellent location. I will probably return as this was actually my second visit to the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Alexandria Sw Eisenhower Ave Hotel
- Holiday Inn Alexandria Sw Eisenhower Ave Hotel Alexandria
- Holiday Inn Telegraph Rd
- Holiday Inn Alexandria
- Alexandria Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn - Alexandria - I-95 hotel at Telegraph Road, a full service hotel conveniently located near the Capital Beltway/I-95, and minutes from Old Towne Alexandria, Washington, DC, Reagan National Airport (DCA), and the Eisenhower Metro Station. Our hotel has many features designed with you in mind: well appointed guest rooms, free high-speed Internet access, complimentary airport shuttle, indoor pool, fitness center, and ample free parking. The Holiday Inn Alexandria also offers the Eisenhower Station Restaurant & Lounge where Kids Eat Free, meeting facilities able to accommodate up to 350 guests, and much more.Area attractions include: the Smithsonian museums; Mt. Vernon, home of George Washington; Washington DC area memorials such as the George Washington Masonic National Memorial, the Vietnam Memorial, the WWII Memorial, and the Holocaust Memorial Museum; Arlington National Cemetery; and the White House. This Alexandria hotel is approximately one mile from Michael Baker Engineering, the Federal Courthouse, the Hoffman Buildings, AMC theatres and Strayer University.We look forward to meeting all of your lodging needs when your business or pleasure travels bring you to the historic Alexandria, Virginia area and our nation's capital ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Alexandria SW Eisenhower Ave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.