I was attending a conference in Washington DC, but found the conference hotel too expensive, so I stayed here.
The room itself was basic, but clean. Not much of a view, unless you like freeway ramps. There is a refrigerator and a microwave, free wi-fi and plenty of channels on the TV. No free breakfast (a buffet will set you back about $10-15). The freeway outside was a little noisy late at night (trucks), but nothing that the TV or air conditioner couldn't drown out.
The hotel is a five-minute walk away from the Metro (tip: if you are staying more than a day, buy the SmartTrip pass for $5). There is a small shopping center with several restaurants and a movie theater. No problems walking in the neighborhood any time of day or night. The hotel will shuttle you to Reagan Airport or Old Town Alexandria.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Alexandria Sw Eisenhower Ave Hotel Alexandria
- Holiday Inn Alexandria Sw Eisenhower Ave Hotel
- Holiday Inn Telegraph Rd
- Holiday Inn Alexandria
- Alexandria Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn - Alexandria - I-95 hotel at Telegraph Road, a full service hotel conveniently located near the Capital Beltway/I-95, and minutes from Old Towne Alexandria, Washington, DC, Reagan National Airport (DCA), and the Eisenhower Metro Station. Our hotel has many features designed with you in mind: well appointed guest rooms, free high-speed Internet access, complimentary airport shuttle, indoor pool, fitness center, and ample free parking. The Holiday Inn Alexandria also offers the Eisenhower Station Restaurant & Lounge where Kids Eat Free, meeting facilities able to accommodate up to 350 guests, and much more.Area attractions include: the Smithsonian museums; Mt. Vernon, home of George Washington; Washington DC area memorials such as the George Washington Masonic National Memorial, the Vietnam Memorial, the WWII Memorial, and the Holocaust Memorial Museum; Arlington National Cemetery; and the White House. This Alexandria hotel is approximately one mile from Michael Baker Engineering, the Federal Courthouse, the Hoffman Buildings, AMC theatres and Strayer University.We look forward to meeting all of your lodging needs when your business or pleasure travels bring you to the historic Alexandria, Virginia area and our nation's capital ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Holiday Inn Alexandria SW Eisenhower Ave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.