This was for a DC trip and I tried to save some money by staying in Alexandria. Don't do it.I paid just under $200 for one night and it was a hard bill to sign. For a family of 4; you're looking at $24 a day for the Metro so factor that into your hotel budget. Parking was free so that helped. You are right next to a major freeway interchange although road noise isn't too bad. It was clean but pretty tight on the amenities such as cups in the room.
A huge disappointment was that the pool didn't open until 3:00. There's a Starbucks within walking distance but I needed to get some warmer clothes for the kids and had to spend an hour in traffic going to the mall in Tysons Corner. According to the front desk; there wasn't anything closer. I would not stay there again as the ROI was average to poor. Next time I would spend more to be in D.C.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Alexandria Sw Eisenhower Ave Hotel
- Holiday Inn Alexandria Sw Eisenhower Ave Hotel Alexandria
- Holiday Inn Telegraph Rd
- Holiday Inn Alexandria
- Alexandria Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn - Alexandria - I-95 hotel at Telegraph Road, a full service hotel conveniently located near the Capital Beltway/I-95, and minutes from Old Towne Alexandria, Washington, DC, Reagan National Airport (DCA), and the Eisenhower Metro Station. Our hotel has many features designed with you in mind: well appointed guest rooms, free high-speed Internet access, complimentary airport shuttle, indoor pool, fitness center, and ample free parking. The Holiday Inn Alexandria also offers the Eisenhower Station Restaurant & Lounge where Kids Eat Free, meeting facilities able to accommodate up to 350 guests, and much more.Area attractions include: the Smithsonian museums; Mt. Vernon, home of George Washington; Washington DC area memorials such as the George Washington Masonic National Memorial, the Vietnam Memorial, the WWII Memorial, and the Holocaust Memorial Museum; Arlington National Cemetery; and the White House. This Alexandria hotel is approximately one mile from Michael Baker Engineering, the Federal Courthouse, the Hoffman Buildings, AMC theatres and Strayer University.We look forward to meeting all of your lodging needs when your business or pleasure travels bring you to the historic Alexandria, Virginia area and our nation's capital ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Alexandria SW Eisenhower Ave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.