We are very pleased with this hotel for a number of reasons. The staff has been so accommodating to us ... we had a reservation, but decided to come a day early and had to make a separate reservation for the additional night. We stayed in a double the first night and, while it as small and the bathroom was a little tired, it was certainly going to adequate to our needs. Low and behold, a class field trip or two decided to book this hotel as well, and they needed our puny little double, so they upgraded us to a HUGE suite with two nicely updated bathrooms, a KING size bed and a very comfortable pull out sofa. I think this room is probaby almost half the square footage of my whole house!
Getting to the hotel was a snap. It's right off of the interstate and you just pull right off and pull right in to the parking lot. No navigating any complicated city streets in the middle of the night upon arrival. The metro stop is more or less right next door to the hotel, five minute walk at most. Perfect. Other folks on here were complaining about the traffic noise and I was on the fifth floor the first night on the west side of the building and, yeah, you could hear a vehicle every once in a while, but it was not loud at all, and certainly nothing that would keep you awake unless you are just one of those people who expects a hotel to be just like home. It ain't. None of them are.
We ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant the first morning and it was o.k. It's not the MGM Grand Buffet, but it will suffice! It's not the egg patty icky thing you get at those free breakfast hotels either. You could also order off of a menu, but we chose to go the buffet route, so that is all I can speak to.
DO NOT come to Washington and expect to drive to where you are going. It is an insane place filled with jerks behind the wheel. I tell you this because you may not really appreciate how important that METRO stop right next door to this place is, but I assure you, it may be the single biggest selling point for booking a room here.
The price for what we are getting and the comfort and safety level we feel at this location is a great value. I shopped around a lot and this hotel was one of the most affordable so I took a chance on it and I am glad that I did. If we return to D.C., we will definitely stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Alexandria Sw Eisenhower Ave Hotel Alexandria
- Holiday Inn Alexandria Sw Eisenhower Ave Hotel
- Holiday Inn Telegraph Rd
- Holiday Inn Alexandria
- Alexandria Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn - Alexandria - I-95 hotel at Telegraph Road, a full service hotel conveniently located near the Capital Beltway/I-95, and minutes from Old Towne Alexandria, Washington, DC, Reagan National Airport (DCA), and the Eisenhower Metro Station. Our hotel has many features designed with you in mind: well appointed guest rooms, free high-speed Internet access, complimentary airport shuttle, indoor pool, fitness center, and ample free parking. The Holiday Inn Alexandria also offers the Eisenhower Station Restaurant & Lounge where Kids Eat Free, meeting facilities able to accommodate up to 350 guests, and much more.Area attractions include: the Smithsonian museums; Mt. Vernon, home of George Washington; Washington DC area memorials such as the George Washington Masonic National Memorial, the Vietnam Memorial, the WWII Memorial, and the Holocaust Memorial Museum; Arlington National Cemetery; and the White House. This Alexandria hotel is approximately one mile from Michael Baker Engineering, the Federal Courthouse, the Hoffman Buildings, AMC theatres and Strayer University.We look forward to meeting all of your lodging needs when your business or pleasure travels bring you to the historic Alexandria, Virginia area and our nation's capital ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Booking.com, Venere and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Holiday Inn Alexandria SW Eisenhower Ave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.