In reading through all of the reviews, I was really confused and curious as to what to expect when I arrived at this hotel. And, it's taken me a few days to think about what I wanted to write considering my experience, which, overall, was excellent.
The staff at this hotel is amazing. It is what you'd expect from a 4 Season's or Park Hyatt. The entire staff is concerned about one thing: your comfort and satisfaction. From the moment you walk in, you are treated with a smile and a fast check in process. The call up to the room from the front desk manager to make sure everything is "OK" is great...as well as the call the night before check to insure I had a pleasant stay. The rooms are very comfortable - the bed is great, good desk for working, good lighting and a nice (small) bathroom with upgraded amenities. AMAZING work out facility!! Internet was awesome. Room was immaculate. Plenty of soaps/shampoo...and 4 stars for Wolfgang Puck in room coffee.
I did not eat in the restaurant (and judging from my stay no one else did either.) You are a 5 minute walk to a bunch of restaurants..or just get off from the Metro at the King Street exit to see a bunch more restaurants.
This hotel truly is about service and the overall guest experience. A shout out to Michelle, Mandy, Nancy and Steve for your great attitudes and service.
I'm not going to say these are "dislikes" ...more like commentary about some of the quirks of this property:
1. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere. You get off of the Eisenhower metro stop and it is 2 blocks in front of you...and aside from the group of restaurants/theater a block up the street. That said, it is very quiet at this hotel.
2. They do need to do something about the doors to the rooms...they need to put on a mechanism so the doors do not slam (and I mean slam) whenever you walk out of the room. On the good side, you know your room is secure...on the bad...at 2am...you'll get woken up!
3. The shuttle bus will only run on the hour. This isn't convenient if it is pouring out and you need a ride somewhere without having to take the Metro. I think they should change their rule that if the shuttle is there...they should send it out for you. It wasn't an issue for me, but I can see where it would bother others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn - Alexandria - I-95 hotel at Telegraph Road, a full service hotel conveniently located near the Capital Beltway/I-95, and minutes from Old Towne Alexandria, Washington, DC, Reagan National Airport (DCA), and the Eisenhower Metro Station. Our hotel has many features designed with you in mind: well appointed guest rooms, free high-speed Internet access, complimentary airport shuttle, indoor pool, fitness center, and ample free parking. The Holiday Inn Alexandria also offers the Eisenhower Station Restaurant & Lounge where Kids Eat Free, meeting facilities able to accommodate up to 350 guests, and much more.Area attractions include: the Smithsonian museums; Mt. Vernon, home of George Washington; Washington DC area memorials such as the George Washington Masonic National Memorial, the Vietnam Memorial, the WWII Memorial, and the Holocaust Memorial Museum; Arlington National Cemetery; and the White House. This Alexandria hotel is approximately one mile from Michael Baker Engineering, the Federal Courthouse, the Hoffman Buildings, AMC theatres and Strayer University.We look forward to meeting all of your lodging needs when your business or pleasure travels bring you to the historic Alexandria, Virginia area and our nation's capital ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Alexandria SW Eisenhower Ave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Alexandria Sw Eisenhower Ave Hotel Alexandria
- Holiday Inn Telegraph Rd
- Alexandria Holiday Inn