“"Very clean, convenient location. Attentive staff"” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
Redwood City, California
“"Very clean, convenient location. Attentive staff"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

We reserved a block of rooms here for a family gathering. Also used the banquet room for a reception. The hotel was clean, friendly staff. There was fresh, cold lemonade and fruit flavored water available daily in the lobby. I liked the convenient location to the Metro as well as to the Hoffman Center. We ate at 3 of the restaurants there, all of which were very good. There is also an IMAX theater as well. The hotel rooms were fresh with comfortable beds and pillows. Our 8th floor room was quiet. Bathroom was clean and we were provided plenty of towels. The pool was refreshing and had a lifeguard on duty. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I enjoyed my stay. The hotel was close to the metro. As a first time visitor to Washington, DC and to using public transportation, I found it very easy to get into the city this is the second holiday inn I heve stayed in and both had issues with the tub draining. Also this hotels bathroom fan was not working. So the small bathroom became very moist. The bathroom was the only downside I see with this hotel although I would stay here again. It feels like a safe area plus there are places to eat that are close by as well as a movie theater. I was on the third floor looking out at the metro side and had no problem with too much noise. Pros: clean, comfy beds, able to check in at 1030, close to metro and restaurants. Cons: tub draining issues, no working fan in bathroom

• Stayed August 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I selected this hotel for an overnight stay near DC for it's price and convenience to the Metro. The number of good reviews was also a plus. We found check-in easy and friendly. Although one staff member alluded that we might not be able to check-in early, the second staff member checked us right in without a pause.

Our room was clean and comfortable. Our only complaints were the failure of one of our room keys, awful pillows (far too hard even those labelled "soft"), lack of wi-fi availability and a crying infant next door. Unfortunately, we shared an adjoining wall and connector door with the family with the baby. As parents ourselves, we understood, but it was frustrating given that we finally had a night away together and had to listen to another baby crying. The hotel staff told us all rooms were booked and they could not move us. To help create white noise to block out the crying and a bit of noise from the interstate, I turned our a/c control lower. It did not offer a "fan on" option, but this did the trick and kept it running all night.

The Wi-fi worked when we were in our room just after check-in. It failed altogether noting too many connections when we returned around 10pm that evening. I could not get a connection again until around 10am the next morning - just before we checked out. This could be a big negative for business travelers.

The convenience to the Metro is a huge plus. We left our car parked from check-in early afternoon until after dinner the next evening when we returned from our second day touring DC and headed homeward.

A number of restaurants including Starbucks & Subway as well as a movie theater are located directly across Eisenhower Ave and can easily be walked too. We did not eat in the restaurant hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

This old highrise hotel that has been here many years serving the Hoffman Center business clients and DC visitors, has been refine recently and barely shows its age. The rooms are well done with a very comfy bed and a flat screen tv with lots of channels. A large indoor pool and nice workout room. Small restaurant and bar on premises. Location is right off the beltway and easy access to Metro and short drive to Old Town Alexandria.

My only complaint would be the tiny bathroom albeit clean and remodeled. I could barely turn around in it. Considering that, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This hotel is great I thought. This is my very first time in DC and I stayed here with employee rate since I couldnt find anything downtown so I figured I need a hotel that is easy access and this was it. Very close to the Metro line that will take you right into all the main places in Washington. Went to the restaurant inside the hotel for breakfast and it was great. All staff were great and helpful. Went to the USA basketball game and took the Metro back and easily and safely walked back to the hotel. It is a very safe area by the looks of it since its near a lot of office buildings so at night time you basically won't see anything strange. The rooms was very nice and the fitness ctr was great. Overall a very good hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The parking lot of this hotel is joined with the Metro lot, so it is very convenient if you're taking the Metro into DC or other sites in Alexandria. Staff was very friendly. Love love love the complimentary shuttle! One driver took my husband around to gas stations and stores looking for beverages. And they were very helpful in getting us to the airport when our train was cancelled and he had to rent a car!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Georgetown, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I normally stay in Hilton Brand hotels or Marriott brands, rarely ever in a Holiday Inn. However, I am SO very glad I did. I chose this hotel on the last evening of the vacation for my daughter's senior trip, (just she and I), as it was within walking distance to the metro for the Dave Matthews Concert we were going to later that night in Bristow and the hotel also had a shuttle to DCA. Upon check in the staff, could not have been more personable and friendly. My check-in clerk suggested I sign up for their priority club rewards, which I agreed to do, even though I do not often stay with this chain. Upon doing so I received a coupon book for 20% off breakfast the next morning, which we used and enjoyed. The room was clean, comfortable, with modern decor. The shuttle driver was very quick and helpful getting us back to the airport the next morning. This hotel was nice and changed my mind about Holiday Inn's - however it is the STAFF that gives this hotel an excellent rating. They all went above and beyond to make us feel at home!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Alexandria SW Eisenhower Ave? Share your experiences!