“Hampton Inn - Alexandria VA” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Fenton, Missouri
“Hampton Inn - Alexandria VA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn - Alexandria. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfasts and liked being able to set the heating/cooling fan to run continously as background "white noise". Our room was clean and we were adequately supplied with soap, shampoo and towels. The Internet access was complimentary and easy to use.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Bridgeville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We visit DC every year for THE MARCH FOR LIFE in January. This is a great,clean,safe, and comfortable place to stay!!!! The staff is friendly and helpful, For example our daughter locked us out of our room safe and within 5 minute after telling the front desk, the maintenance men had the safe open and were teasing with our daughter.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Not Applicable
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel was top notch. I have stayed at many "4 star" high-end hotels and no one could beat the attentive, courteous service we received at this Hampton Inn. The hotel was also very clean and centrally located. Not many frills but the cleanliness, location, service, staff and complimentary breakfast made up for that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Garden City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Our group of 39 was totally amazed at how prepared they were for our arrival. Check-in has NEVER been EASIER or more organized. We were able to move people from the bus directly to their rooms in a matter of seconds! The rooms are nice, up-to-date, and very clean. Everyone was surprised and happy with the value of this hotel. A wonderful morning breakfast is included and there is 24 hour coffee, hot chocolate, cookies, and fruit in the lobby. The staff was friendly, professional and extremely accommodating. The location is convenient with many great restaurant options right in the immediate area. A great hotel! A really great value!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have had 3 great experiences staying at this property...safety, good location, nice room, nice staff, clean property. Breakfast is also a good experience. I will stay here again and will recommend this Hampton Inn to others.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed at this Hampton Inn and started out with problems to begin with, I booked the room at the AAA rate and because I forgot to bring my membership card they would not let me receive the discount. The person at the front desk who claimed his name was Mohammed although he was not wearing a name tag said that the copy of the card on my phone was no good and I would have to the full bar rate they were offering. Being that it was hard enough to get to the location I accepted the rate increase and went on to the room.

I am a Hilton HHonors Diamond member and have never been treated so poor by anyone within the company, and I have been to a lot of Hiltons!!

The room was a standard Hampton Inn room with nothing special. The biggest problem occurred when I went to lay in the bed I noticed a lot of hair in the sheets, it was obvious the bed was just made and the sheets had not been changed. This was very disappointing! I then went down to the front desk and "Mohammed" told me that there wasn't much he could do and that he would give me fresh sheets to put on the bed. How nice of him to allow me to be the maid!

The final problem I had in the room was that the heat was not working. I consulted the front desk and this time "Mohammed" said they were full and could not move me. This was surprising to hear as the parking lot was pretty empty and I didn't think there was much going on in the area that would make them so full. So I got the pleasure of spending 140 bucks for the night in a freezing cold room while it was snowing outside. I should have stayed at the Marriott as it was the same price and would have been nicer with heat.

The breakfast was ok although the breakfast area was quite small.

BEWARE of "Mohammed"! If that is his real name. Mohammed is a liar and will not treat you like a guest of a hotel. There is a sign that says that Hampton Inn offers a 100% guarentee which I thought having no heat would mean they would do something to compensate for the issues but no according to Mohammed it is not part of their guarentee. The GM was nowhere to be found and Mohammed claimed to be the highest manager even though there was someone else's name on the GM business card at the front desk. He claimed I would not be able to reach that person.

After running into this unique employee I thought I would share with everyone the number to contact if they find that Mohammed lies or tries to cheat them as well when staying at this property. Call Hilton Guest Assistance located in Dallas at 1(888) 240-6152 and let them know if the same thing has happened to you. They will 100% take care of any situation and make sure you are treated like a human being.

• Stayed January 2013
Dorene S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Alexandria/Pentagon South, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. If you would like to further discuss your stay, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you again and I look forward to speaking with you.
Cedar Grove, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Convenient location very close to Old Town Alexandria. Staff was very friendly and rooms were clean and updated.
The check in process was quick and efficient.
Complimentary breakfast was well laid out with a wide variety of items.
Very quiet hotel with nearby food store, and easy access to Old Town ( 3.5 miles)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Alexandria/Pentagon South? Share your experiences!