“Another Great Stay at this Property! I have stayed here approximately 3 times and continue to stay here for location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Alexandria/Pentagon South

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #3 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have had 3 great experiences staying at this property...safety, good location, nice room, nice staff, clean property. Breakfast is also a good experience. I will stay here again and will recommend this Hampton Inn to others.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

318 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed at this Hampton Inn and started out with problems to begin with, I booked the room at the AAA rate and because I forgot to bring my membership card they would not let me receive the discount. The person at the front desk who claimed his name was Mohammed although he was not wearing a name tag said that the copy of the card on my phone was no good and I would have to the full bar rate they were offering. Being that it was hard enough to get to the location I accepted the rate increase and went on to the room.

I am a Hilton HHonors Diamond member and have never been treated so poor by anyone within the company, and I have been to a lot of Hiltons!!

The room was a standard Hampton Inn room with nothing special. The biggest problem occurred when I went to lay in the bed I noticed a lot of hair in the sheets, it was obvious the bed was just made and the sheets had not been changed. This was very disappointing! I then went down to the front desk and "Mohammed" told me that there wasn't much he could do and that he would give me fresh sheets to put on the bed. How nice of him to allow me to be the maid!

The final problem I had in the room was that the heat was not working. I consulted the front desk and this time "Mohammed" said they were full and could not move me. This was surprising to hear as the parking lot was pretty empty and I didn't think there was much going on in the area that would make them so full. So I got the pleasure of spending 140 bucks for the night in a freezing cold room while it was snowing outside. I should have stayed at the Marriott as it was the same price and would have been nicer with heat.

The breakfast was ok although the breakfast area was quite small.

BEWARE of "Mohammed"! If that is his real name. Mohammed is a liar and will not treat you like a guest of a hotel. There is a sign that says that Hampton Inn offers a 100% guarentee which I thought having no heat would mean they would do something to compensate for the issues but no according to Mohammed it is not part of their guarentee. The GM was nowhere to be found and Mohammed claimed to be the highest manager even though there was someone else's name on the GM business card at the front desk. He claimed I would not be able to reach that person.

After running into this unique employee I thought I would share with everyone the number to contact if they find that Mohammed lies or tries to cheat them as well when staying at this property. Call Hilton Guest Assistance located in Dallas at 1(888) 240-6152 and let them know if the same thing has happened to you. They will 100% take care of any situation and make sure you are treated like a human being.

• Stayed January 2013
Dorene S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Alexandria/Pentagon South, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. If you would like to further discuss your stay, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you again and I look forward to speaking with you.
Cedar Grove, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Convenient location very close to Old Town Alexandria. Staff was very friendly and rooms were clean and updated.
The check in process was quick and efficient.
Complimentary breakfast was well laid out with a wide variety of items.
Very quiet hotel with nearby food store, and easy access to Old Town ( 3.5 miles)

Boulder City, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

While visiting relatives, we made the Hampton Inn our "home". It was a pleasure to return to the hotel after a day with our family. It was a very enjoyable place. Only complaint was the bottom sheet came untucked when rolling over in bed. Sheet sides need to be longer to be easily tucked under the mattress. Very good coffee! We will use Hampton Inns again.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Arrived late after a long trip. Cookies, fruit, and tea in lobby wonderful welcome! Clean rooms, friendly staff. Free shuttle to King St. Metro - easy to get to DC. You can park your car for free.
Looked at Hamptons in DC for triple the price. Free shuttle will return you from DC on the hour.This was a good place to stay at a good rate.

Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights on our way back from an RV trip. Ample space to park our RV while we visited family in the area. Good size room and very quiet. Breakfast included fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, waffles, oatmeal and a few hot items. Staff friendly and helpful. There's also a scheduled shuttle to the metro at King St. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2013
mattpoisett
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We arrived in the evening. The inn is about 1 mile to the king street area. The parking is free and the breakfast nice. The room was large and quiet. We enjoyed our stay for one evening. It is easy on and off the highway to the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Alexandria/Pentagon South? Share your experiences!