“Awful” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Alexandria

You added Travelodge Alexandria to your Saves list
Travelodge Alexandria
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 N Washington St., Washington St & Wythe St, Alexandria, VA 22314   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #39 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Montreal, Canada
“Awful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The rooms & especially the bathrooms are seriously run down. The whole place needs urgent refurbishing. Had to change room beause water was dripping from the ceiling onto the bed !!! I ended up in a smaller room, with a smaller bed, no coffee maker but the price remained the same. The bkft is minimal. A shame for the Travelodge banner. The positive points: close to the Braddock metro station (10 min. walk) with leads directly to the Smithsonian + safe neiborghood. Front desk attendants rather friendly.

Room Tip: Make sure you see the room before you pay and avoid the rooms within the hotel so you don't have...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Travelodges are cheap for a reason. They're not 4 star hotels but they get the job done. My stay was one night and it is a few min drive from the nearest metro station. Room was semi-clean. Front desk attendant was nice but creepy. I couldnt tell if he worked there or not. Overall, it did the job.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Peachtree City, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here 3 nights last week. Let's shake it on down:

GOOD:
- about as cheap as a hotel gets if (a) you want to go to DC and your per-person rate makes hostels pricey (b) you don't mind taking 30 minutes to get into the city (10-15m walking +15-20m Metro ride) (c) you have a car to deal with
- despite some reviews stating otherwise, I found the layout (old 2-story brick motel) charming. The area is called Old Town, y'know!
- contrary to a review I read, we did have a fridge which we put to good use
- staff was very friendly. After checking out, I realized I left something in my room. I called the front desk, and the manager left immediately to retrieve my item and called me to confirm it would be waiting for me.
- Alexandria is a nice area to see, and if you want to visit Mount Vernon it's just a 20-minute scenic drive away.

UNGOOD:
- wifi just didn't work. I could connect no problem, but I was not able to send or receive anything unless I turned it off
- breakfast was mostly drab - packaged honey buns, mini bagels, and 2 cereals (though I do give them credit for having Honey Bunches Of Oats)
- there was no way to make a bath (though I only had success with 1 of 4 budget hotels on this trip, so maybe this is a trend)

In the end, the GOOD outweighed the UNGOOD and I'm happy I chose this place. If I come back to the area as a family and with a car, I'll strongly consider this place.

• Stayed July 2013
Sitka
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I will not be staying here again.
as soon as I walked into the room, I saw a room key on the floor under the table. At one point the smoke detector was replaced, but they left the broken one in the dresser. and on the last night, the bathroom sink would not drain.
when I checked out, I had to push the front desk bell twice.
Only positive thing was it is within walking distance from the Metro Rail

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Travelodge Alexandria? Share your experiences!