I stayed here 3 nights last week. Let's shake it on down:
- about as cheap as a hotel gets if (a) you want to go to DC and your per-person rate makes hostels pricey (b) you don't mind taking 30 minutes to get into the city (10-15m walking +15-20m Metro ride) (c) you have a car to deal with
- despite some reviews stating otherwise, I found the layout (old 2-story brick motel) charming. The area is called Old Town, y'know!
- contrary to a review I read, we did have a fridge which we put to good use
- staff was very friendly. After checking out, I realized I left something in my room. I called the front desk, and the manager left immediately to retrieve my item and called me to confirm it would be waiting for me.
- Alexandria is a nice area to see, and if you want to visit Mount Vernon it's just a 20-minute scenic drive away.
- wifi just didn't work. I could connect no problem, but I was not able to send or receive anything unless I turned it off
- breakfast was mostly drab - packaged honey buns, mini bagels, and 2 cereals (though I do give them credit for having Honey Bunches Of Oats)
- there was no way to make a bath (though I only had success with 1 of 4 budget hotels on this trip, so maybe this is a trend)
In the end, the GOOD outweighed the UNGOOD and I'm happy I chose this place. If I come back to the area as a family and with a car, I'll strongly consider this place.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Travelodge Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
- Alexandria Travel Lodge
- Alexandria Travelodge
- Travel Lodge Alexandria