“Good value for the money, just move beyond the looks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Alexandria

You added Travelodge Alexandria to your Saves list
Travelodge Alexandria
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 N Washington St., Washington St & Wythe St, Alexandria, VA 22314   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #39 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Shannon Hills, Ar
“Good value for the money, just move beyond the looks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The room I stayed in for four nights was generally clean, but the carpets and the furniture were very worn and outdated. But I wanted an affordable place in a decent area where I could walk to the metro (about 10-15 minute walk along a normally busy Wyeth Street--the street is not that well light, but the traffic never lets you feel unsafe. The neighborhood is hardly a "bad" one regardless) while on a budget-conscious business trip. This motel fits that bill very well and I would definitely stay there again.

If you are the type of person who expects to see great decor and scratch-free furniture quality, you won't like it here. If looks count so much to you--don't stay here.

I found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. The free wi-fi was very good and signal strength was very good. Water flow in bathroom was excellent and the place actually had a working air vent in the bathroom (even the big hotels usually don't have that). It was surprisingly quiet (I was on the second floor). The heating and cooling system was very responsive. The room had a big desk and decent office chair. My bed was firm and I found the pillows to be perfect for my tendency to sleep on my side or stomach.

I really had no complaints because I expected the worn, out-dated look from previous reviewers and I appreciated the amenities and location so near the subway. I was able to stay four nights for less than $300 even with the taxes because I booked early. You can't beat that price for DC. I certainly have paid much more for rooms and got back much less.

Room Tip: I think it would be best to sleep on the second floor to avoid any traffic noises at street level. T...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Decent place. The location of the toilet paper holder in the bathroom was reaaalllyyy bad. I hit my knee on it every morning, and had to sit sideways to use the toilet. Shower water took forever to warm up. Nice people at the front desk.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Grass Lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have stayed here before due to excellent location: near metro station and Old Town Alexandria. Staff very welcoming. Got in early and we were able to leave our bags while we went about. Old facility but clean. Breakfast included helped to save dollars.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Travelodge Alexandria? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Alexandria

Address: 700 N Washington St., Washington St & Wythe St, Alexandria, VA 22314
Location: United States > Virginia > Alexandria
Ranked #39 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Alexandria 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Travelodge Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
Alexandria Travel Lodge
Alexandria Travelodge
Travel Lodge Alexandria

If you own or manage Travelodge Alexandria, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.