“Good Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Alexandria, Virginia
“Good Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

To my friend at Quality Inn & Suites @ Ft. Belvoir,
I have had occasion to use your service on a weekly basis for over a year now. I have been in many hotels and Inns over the years many of them were very elegant and fancy. Most of them very clean, the rooms were comfortable and all have the usual amenities. What the most don’t offer is true hospitality like you folks at Quality Inn at Ft. Belvoir do. From my first stay to all subsequent stays, have treated me like family member. Please don’t change!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The only thing that I was happy with about this hotel was that we did not pay for it. We used aeroplan miles. The place is not nice. We stayed for one night in room 306 and the room smelled realy bad, bed was soft and uncomfortable, cold breeze rushing in for the door frame, dathroom door looks like it was punched in and they tried to plaster it, the bathroom needs and real Deep Clean. We didn't have breakast so I cant comment on it.
I would not stay here again and would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ft. Lauderdale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

stayed one night, it was $65. asked for a non smoking, but the room smelled of cigarettes. The mini frig in the room was super noisy/loud.
the room was just an all around gross feeling room. the carpet felt dirty. the area is not that nice around the hotel. I would look somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Second time I have stayed here, I like Quality Inn's but this time I chose the wrong place to stay. Average rooms with a very high price for a dump of a town. The Hotel is located a long ways north of down town Alexandria. Hard to find anywhere close to eat that is not junk food. The front desk clerk is very rude and talks to fast, impolite, snappy and rude. The rooms are left cold by the maids and the heater does not always work properly. Super 8 is close by and priced lower.

Room Tip: If you ask for a ground floor room, they will put you on the 3rd floor as far away from the elevator...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bloomington, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel needs to be shut down and completely remodeled. When I arrived, I was told I had been upgraded to a suite that had a jacuzzi. The bathroom was huge however the shower was so small that I couldnt fit. The carpet was stained, the vents had all kinds of dead bugs, the mattress was thin and cheap, there were holes in the walls, the chairs had stains, the entrance door only had one deadbolt lock on it and it was very dirty and I could go on and on. It was during the inauguration, so I couldn't leave or request a new room which sucked. I DO NOT recommend this hotel. This is my 3rd review for this and so far no response yet. I will not be staying at any Quality Inns in the future

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Omgggg this hotel is not the place to be. Before i arrived the pics displayed fancy rooms with flat screen tvs and just looked appealing. So i went ahead and booked the room. Upon arrival i got a room that looked nothing like what i booked. So i asked for the room i saw in pic and paid for. They gave me the go around. The lights did not work, safe broke remote didnt work. Lol not again i do not recommend this hotel to anyone at all its so much that i cant begin to explain

• Stayed December 2012
Forest Hills, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have never written a review about any I have stayed. However, in light of my experience a few days ago, I feel compelled to do so as I do not want anybody to have the experience that I did. We stayed in Room 371. Upon our initial arrival a bit after midnight, the room smelled very musty, which wasn't a good sign to me. Then, my boyfriend noticed dead bugs in the air conditioning vents. However, given the late time we checked in, due to arriving late after a visit with family, we decided to bear it and just go to sleep. After falling asleep, I felt something in the bed. Panicking, I reached through the sheets and noticed what looked like a dried chickpea/garbanzo bean. I was paranoid that this might be a dead bug, rolled up into a small, but thankfully, it wasn't. It was late, and I was tired so we stayed in the room, and I tried to sleep, waking up periodically because of what I found in the bed. Obviously, the sheets could not have been washed since their last use because washed sheets would not have old food in them.

In the morning, my boyfriend went to exercise, but couldn't. The exercise room had one bike, which was broken. He also sat on the couch, and sat on a nail. We also tried to use the Internet that morning, but couldn't because it was so slow. Really bad.

I had never had such a poor experience, in particular finding something in the bed, so I decided to complain when I checked out. So I did. The lady at the desk as well as the lady previously at the desk told me that it was my fault because we did not change rooms. They also told me that nobody told them about the broken bike- apparently they do not do checks of the exercise room, but rely on customers. They also told me that it was a room issue because nobody ever complains about the rooms - however, what about the exercise room and Internet service? I asked to speak to the manager, but she was not on site. Neither of the ladies was sympathetic or helpful. Then one told me that they would refund me for what I paid. They proceeded to call the manager and asked if I wish to speak with her. I did speak to her. After I spoke to her, the lady asked me if she approved the refund. However, nobody ever told me to speak with her about the refund. So they called the manager back, doing so outside rather than in front of me. The lady at the desk then went on to do the refund. When doing so, she asked me why I stayed two nights despite such conditions. I proceeded to explain to her that I did not, and checked in at midnight that morning, which the other lady could confirm. She gave me the bill to sign. I noticed that it was for the wrong price - approximately $150, when I remember paying around $59. I told her that the price was wrong. She told me that is the price, and I should have the receipt. However, the lady did not give me a receipt when I checked in. I then looked at the rest of the receipt and noticed that it was not my name. I told her this, and she gave me the wrong room number, 311, which she said she gave me, but I told her was not the number on the room key envelope. She then acted like it was my fault that she was going to give a refund for a completely different customer. At one point, she questioned why my boyfriend's name was on the bill and not mine. At no point, did she apologize for the inconvenience.

So, if you are reading this and considering staying here, do not. The entrie experience in the room and attempting to get a refund was very unnerving and unsettling. I have never had such poor customer service as well as room conditions.

Room Tip: Do not stay at the location.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!