“Do not stay at this motel.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #38 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Forest Hills, New York
“Do not stay at this motel.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have never written a review about any I have stayed. However, in light of my experience a few days ago, I feel compelled to do so as I do not want anybody to have the experience that I did. We stayed in Room 371. Upon our initial arrival a bit after midnight, the room smelled very musty, which wasn't a good sign to me. Then, my boyfriend noticed dead bugs in the air conditioning vents. However, given the late time we checked in, due to arriving late after a visit with family, we decided to bear it and just go to sleep. After falling asleep, I felt something in the bed. Panicking, I reached through the sheets and noticed what looked like a dried chickpea/garbanzo bean. I was paranoid that this might be a dead bug, rolled up into a small, but thankfully, it wasn't. It was late, and I was tired so we stayed in the room, and I tried to sleep, waking up periodically because of what I found in the bed. Obviously, the sheets could not have been washed since their last use because washed sheets would not have old food in them.

In the morning, my boyfriend went to exercise, but couldn't. The exercise room had one bike, which was broken. He also sat on the couch, and sat on a nail. We also tried to use the Internet that morning, but couldn't because it was so slow. Really bad.

I had never had such a poor experience, in particular finding something in the bed, so I decided to complain when I checked out. So I did. The lady at the desk as well as the lady previously at the desk told me that it was my fault because we did not change rooms. They also told me that nobody told them about the broken bike- apparently they do not do checks of the exercise room, but rely on customers. They also told me that it was a room issue because nobody ever complains about the rooms - however, what about the exercise room and Internet service? I asked to speak to the manager, but she was not on site. Neither of the ladies was sympathetic or helpful. Then one told me that they would refund me for what I paid. They proceeded to call the manager and asked if I wish to speak with her. I did speak to her. After I spoke to her, the lady asked me if she approved the refund. However, nobody ever told me to speak with her about the refund. So they called the manager back, doing so outside rather than in front of me. The lady at the desk then went on to do the refund. When doing so, she asked me why I stayed two nights despite such conditions. I proceeded to explain to her that I did not, and checked in at midnight that morning, which the other lady could confirm. She gave me the bill to sign. I noticed that it was for the wrong price - approximately $150, when I remember paying around $59. I told her that the price was wrong. She told me that is the price, and I should have the receipt. However, the lady did not give me a receipt when I checked in. I then looked at the rest of the receipt and noticed that it was not my name. I told her this, and she gave me the wrong room number, 311, which she said she gave me, but I told her was not the number on the room key envelope. She then acted like it was my fault that she was going to give a refund for a completely different customer. At one point, she questioned why my boyfriend's name was on the bill and not mine. At no point, did she apologize for the inconvenience.

So, if you are reading this and considering staying here, do not. The entrie experience in the room and attempting to get a refund was very unnerving and unsettling. I have never had such poor customer service as well as room conditions.

Room Tip: Do not stay at the location.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fort Drum, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

It wasnt a bad experience here but, It was a little dirty for me. The room doors are all outside that faces a quad with a nice looking fountain. but there was some shady people there. It was very close to Post 5 miles or less. Right next to a gas station and a restaurant across the street. The first room we were in the room door wouldn't latch. so when my hubby shut it it didnt stay shut, the maintenance guy didnt know how to fix it and left it at that. they gave us another room and rented that room out with the problem still existing. The staff wasn't very friendly but not mean either. The breakfast was fine, pastry eggs, sausage and make your own waffles. We stayed here for 3 nights and quickly went over to the hyatt for less the price. The internet in our room wasnt very good. Im not going to stay here again. also beds werent comfy and the carpet was YUCKY. paper thin walls, and im pretty sure people upstairs and downstairs could here us walking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Rooms on different levels built round a central courtyard. Accomodation basic and well-worn but comfy enough. Receptionist not particularly helpful. Close to Mount Vernon (but still quite hard to find) and a long way out of Alexandria. No restaurants within walking distance but one fast food outlet directly across the road.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

The room was fine in all respects -- cleanliness, comfort of bed and pillows, shower-- but it had the noisiest air conditioner I've ever heard! The unit turned off and on all night as the room temperature varied by a degree. It was impossible to sleep, and shutting off the unit or just using the fan was not an option since outside temps were in the 80s overnight. I will not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012
South Coast, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Recently stayed 3 days at this Quality Inn. The room was clean but a bit dated and worn. The price, however, for this location---only 10 minutes from Mt. Vernon was the real bargin. The complimentary breakfast was good and the people friendly. The bed was very comfortable and we easily got a good night's rest. If you just want a clean place to spend the night at a decent price this motel is for you!

Room Tip: All the rooms face an inner courtyard. Ask for first floor if you want easy access to this area and...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Okay so this is not the Four Seasons or a five star hotel. But, for AAA rate of $79 for three adults it was a great value. The rooms were very nice and clean and they opened onto what was my favorite a large courtyard with a fountain. It was a lovely night and I throughly enjoyed sitting on the benches in the spring evening. Kudos to Quality Inn and Suites, Alexandria, VA.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Wilton, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

This is an older motel, basic accommodations, but clean. Rooms could use an update. The motel has a strange setup, the rooms face inward to a courtyard area, no windows on the outside of the motel. It looks like a big warehouse. Never saw a motel with this design before. Not many restaurants in the area, but it is near Mount Vernon, which is why we stayed here. Not sure I would pick this motel again, there is a new Hampton Inn going up next door.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!