“Great room, great value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Alexandria-South

You added Days Inn Alexandria-South to your Saves list
Days Inn Alexandria-South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6100 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22303 (Huntington)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #36 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Gladesville
“Great room, great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Convenient location, big room with excellent facilities. Good, varied breakfast.
Poor soundproofing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I see a fair amount of negative reviews, but I think the days inn is a solid place to stay for business or solo. Rooms are clean and very spacious (tv, fridge, microwave), easy access to public transportation (or if you have a car, free parking and easy access to 395/495). It's no Ritz hotel but at the price point it is a great value.

have to also give a shout out to the manager, dave.. very on top of things, helped me settle a small billing discrepancy. Very courteous and professional. I am staying at the days inn long term (30+ days), and service like his is a large part of the reason.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I don't know how this hotel gets any positive reviews. The whole building looks like crap. We booked the hotel online based on the positive reviews. When we just arrives I was like "what is going on", the building looks different in person. It looks like very old and outdated building somewhere I'd imagine in the creepy area of the Middle East or something like that. When you walk in it looks even more as Middle East (I mean front desk). But this is not the issue. I decided not to judge based on the look of the building and the location (next to very busy road).
The main thing is the room! This is was the biggest frustration. I just opened the door and the smell was horrible. I mean it smells like someone has a box of nasty dirty socks in the room. It smelled very bad! I turned AC on and it smelled even worse. You know the smell of like mold or dust or both together. And this conditioner works so loud, I mean just believe me, we could not wait to get out that place. Rooms are outdated too by the way. Bathroom looks scary. And no, we didn't take a risk to have breakfast there.
Never again! I'm sure you can find a better place for this price...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Broken Bow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Good stay
Would like to stay in affiliate locations but need better pricing to afford it I stay about 200 nights a year in hotels

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have just stayed here for 9 days and so I thought that I should write a review as I relied on reviews choosing this hotel. Let me firstly say that I experienced nothing but kindness, courtesy, helpfulness and goodwill from ALL of the staff working here. My room was spacious, clean, contained a TV, fridge, microwave and large bathroom. The room was cleaned every day. There is a shuttle service to the metro every morning (even if it is just you as it was for me on many occasions). To get back you can take a cab ($7), bus or walk. There is also free computer use in the lobby. The metro is fast into DC, taking only 15 mins (buy a "smartrip" card). I am British and very happy that I stayed here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo