“Unit was small. A heavy person would have difficulty using...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Alexandria-South

You added Days Inn Alexandria-South to your Saves list
Days Inn Alexandria-South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6100 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22303 (Huntington)   |
Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Best hotel of our 9 day road trip. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Hotel is okay, good value for money, many tourist busses, school trips,etc. Bit noisy (when engine of car is running at parking lot). Old fashioned decoration,tv,etc, but rooms are clean, bed is okay. Breakfast is a nice extra, wafles are a good treat!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I'm a repeat customer here at this Days Inn, as it was my second visit to Washington, D.C. Like last time, I was able to check in early and staff are always helpful with everything. Rooms are renovated and clean. Breakfast is always great with much variety. Remember, folks, you can book at other hotels for double the price, even three times the price, and it will not include breakfast or free internet. This is my only choice for accomodations while in Washington, D.C., as it's close to the Huntington Station of the Yellow Line Metro. Always a breeze to take the Metro and you can be in L'Enfant Plaza Station in around a half hour. The shuttle is free to get to the station and started at 8:00 AM, which ran every hour from the hotel. To return, you call the hotel and it's $5.00 per person, as I recall. Parking at the station will cost you the same, unless you have a handicap placard, thenk you can park all day in a handicap spot if you can find one, as they fill up early with even the paid spots. The shuttle is great and so are the drivers. Giri, the manager, as well as all the rest of the staff, take pride in this hotel. The man running the breakfast always keeps everything stocked and clean. Again, this is my ONLY choice while I'm in DC, based on all of the above and my stay in the past, which was during May 2012. It's also close to Mt. Vernon and that's an easy drive. You're also further South from DC if you plan to go to Charlottesville or Williamsburg. As before, my only regret was not having enough time to see the sites in Washington, D.C., so I'm planning my next vacation for next year, but of course, and I will stay here. Thank you again, staff of Days Inn! You do it right. The only minor problem is that internet service is not always up, but this doesn't last for hours. I still give 5 stars, of course. This tends to be an issue at all hotels, from what I've seen. Systems could be overloaded or servers could be running slow. Not a major deal, and if you really need to get online, there are computers in the lobby for guest use, which are free of charge. Look no further than this place, especially if you're on a budget. See you next year! Don B., Los Angeles, California, USA

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Worcester, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I understand that things like what happen to me, happen at any hotel, possibly at any time. My review is on the management, for the most part. My girlfriend and I stayed there for a week, and 4 days in, I saw little bumps on my arms, and thinking that I had been out walking all day for the previous 3 days, I didn't think anything of it.
The next morning, I wake up with more than I went to sleep with. We searched the bed, and yes, BED BUGS. Again, I understand that this can happen at a 5 star hotel, as well as a seedy motel in the middle of no where, but the manager offered a half hearted apology, and offered to take off half of 1 nights stay. ($38) we spent over $600 on the week, and all he can do to compensate is offer me 5% off my total bill? Really? I'm covered in bites, itching to high hell and have to drive 7hr home without trying it itch. I don't recommend THIS place to anyone. Ever.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Days Inn Alexandria-South? Share your experiences!