“Reservation amount not honored” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #43 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

The rooms are great! Super clean and comfortable. especially for the location and price. You cant beat it. Fridge in room was nice to have. The staff are all amazing!!! They even let me check out late it was so convenient.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Alexandria Landmark, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are thrilled to have surpassed your expectations and are privileged to have accommodated you during your visit to the Nations Capitol. Looking forward to hosting you again.
Richmond
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I was traveling with a friend who smokes and for her comfort asked for a room that allowed smoking. On Check in I found out that even though my email confirmation showed a smoking room we were given a non-smoking room. There were no smoking-allowed rooms available that I could access with my mild handicap. My friend traveled with medication that needed to be kept cold and we needed ice. All the ice makers were broken and we were told we could walk over to a near-by gas station and buy ice. The lights over the bed didn't work. The hair dryer was broken. The nightmare was just starting. My friend went out to a courtyard to smoke at 3AM. She was approached by a strange man and she was invited to join a party and get something "stronger" than just a cigarette. She, of course, said no and quickly retreated back to our room. An hour later there were police cars all over and a lot of noise as the party was raided. On check-out we discussed all the problems with the desk clerk who appeared totally indifferent to our complaints. It was an unnerving stay to say the very least.

Room Tip: Don't go!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I will look into your complaints and discuss it with our staff. I hope this does not hinder any future reservations as we look forward to your next visit.
Springfield Gardens, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a couple of times. But I just had to stop. It's in bad shape. Not clean, in need of maintenance and updating. In a great location with a great staff. It's a shame the brand would allow this to continue. So long.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Alexandria Landmark, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
We apologize that you had such an experience at our hotel. Were you able to bring any of your concerns to a Manager's attention? We have Team members on duty 24 hours a day to accommodate your needs. Our Team members are helpful and would have done all they could to make sure you had a pleasant stay, if they were told of your issues. Again, I apologize that you were not pleased with your stay and hope you will reconsider us during your next visit to the Nation’s Capital.
Hancock, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I was passing through so just needed a place for one night, and chose this place on the price.

Only one person on reception, which I felt was a little understaffed. She was pleasant and helpful.

The room was clean but a tiny bit shabby, but for the price OK.

A free continental breakfast was provided, I felt a little uncomfortable with the other breakfast eaters, (maybe that was because they were mainly men) with a couple of women still in their PJ's.

I had a couple of hours to spare and thought I might go and explore the area until I heard a police siren heading towards the hotel and 4 police cars, pulled into the parking lot. So I stayed in my room until check-out.

I'm glad I was only staying one night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Alexandria Landmark, responded to this review, November 26, 2013

Been to Days Inn Alexandria Landmark? Share your experiences!