“good price for a quick stay” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #45 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Dothan, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I am not sure where to start, but I will settle for beginning on a good note. My family (8 of us) was in DC for my grandmother's burial at Arlington Cemetery. We felt safe in the neighborhood and it was close to the metro. Those are the only good things I can say about this place.

Upon arrival, the lady at the front desk was rude anytime we asked more than one question.
The rooms were clean but very outdated and poorly maintained.
We had three rooms. One toilet was clogged the first night; the lady at the front desk told my sister-in-law that she would have to walk the 3 flights of stairs and come get a plunger. At 1:00 a.m. In an unfamiliar place. In her pajamas.
On the second night, my mom and step-dad also had a clogged toilet. We had to leave for the funeral so my stepdad told the front desk to fix it and we'd be back later. Literally more than 8 hours later, nothing had been done. When my stepdad complained, the gentleman was apologetic and said he'd have to let them switch rooms because no one was there to fix the toilet. Their new room had a working toilet, but they found out quickly their heater did not work. It was about 35 degrees at night.
There was barely any hot water on any night or morning.
Furthermore, the soap dish in the shower which should have been attached to the wall of the shower, was sitting on the back of the toilet.
There was also paint drops and cracks in the entire bathroom of the room I stayed in.
There were boards covering a hole in the concrete stairs creating a hazard for anyone using the stairs.
The elevator had profanity written in it.
There was a wooden pallet situated, leaning rather, against the railing of the top floor. It served no purpose, just created a hazard.
The free breakfast consisted of a few pastries, toast, coffee, fruit, cereal, and oatmeal. They don't replenish it much so if you want it you better be one of the first down to the dining hall. Also, we saw one of the maids eating from the customer's breakfast bar.
The room I stayed in ended up having about 4 keys made for it because they kept de-activating. I'm not sure if this is the fault of the motel, but it sure was inconvenient.
The curtains for the window barely covered it in its entirety.
Oh, one more thing, we were about ten minutes late for the motel shuttle to the metro, and were going to be late to the funeral. We asked them to please make an exception and let us go off schedule one time (and explained about the funeral). They were not only unsympathetic but also rude. And no, they did not let us catch a ride. We ended up calling cabs, which costs a lot of money.
One more thing, there was a stink bug in my sister’s bed the first night we arrived. Throughout the trip, my aunt had a few little roaches in her room. And my mom and stepdad’s room had fruit flies in it.
This hotel was so inconvenient and very poorly run and maintained.
We really wanted to leave and find other arrangements but we had paid for flight and motel together and had already spent a lot of money so we decided to tough it out. My stepdad spoke with the manager, who was in complete agreement about all of the "bad" things going on with his motel. He didn't even try to comfort us or talk his way out of it. He just said "What do you want? A refund?" In the end, we got a complete refund for all 3 rooms for all 4 nights.

I am pretty sure I included everything; some people will read this and say "you get what you pay for", and yes, to a degree that's true. We weren't expecting the Ritz Carlton, but we at least expected a working toilet and heater, and perhaps a friendly smile from the front desk staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed her for 2 nights in April while on a road trip with the boyfriend. The room - well you get what you paid for. The "double" beds were so small we couldn't sleep in the same bed. The giant window that open onto the walkway with curtains that barely covered them left no privacy. The WIFI never worked.

But on the plus side, it was safe fairly clean place to sleep. The staff was pleasant It was also a short drive from Washington where we were planning on touring.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple