“Very good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
North Carolina
“Very good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Recently stayed here for two nights. The location was good, very close to the Metro stop. They have a free shuttle to and from the Metro.
The room was small, but very clean, good TV, shower and comfy bed. The breakfast was better than many of the hotel continental breakfasts, with good choices. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The room prices were considerably less than hotels in DC. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for deciding to stay at our hotel for your visit to the DC area. It is great to hear that you felt we provided you with a good value for your travel dollars, especially compared to the more expensive options in DC.

We also appreciate your comments that you found our staff friendly and accommodating during your stay and hope to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again on your next trip to our area.

Scott McEwan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

After making several wrong turns in the washington area, this hotel was a welcomed relief. Donnell at the front desk went above and beyond for me and my family. His kindness was very much appreciated.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for staying at our hotel and thank you for letting us know that Donnell at our front desk made you and your family feel welcome. We will be sure to recognize him for this at our next team meeting.

Thank you again, we hope to see you again on your next trip to the DC area.

General Manger
Irvine, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights - room was very clean, beds and pillows were very comfortable.It was very quiet - never heard any of the other guests or noise from the street. Staff was helpful. As others have stated, metro station is about a 5 min. drive away. I just wish breakfast and the coffee were better. The eggs were powdered and the coffee had very little flavor.

Off Van Dorn street, a couple of miles from the hotel, you will find KIngstowne Shopping Center. There are several chain restaurants, a grocery store, movie theater and a Panera Bread that opens at 5:30 am!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for deciding to stay at our hotel, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I am sorry that you didn't like the eggs we served on our breakfast buffet. They are fresh eggs, not powdered but we will certainly look into how the team member who works breakfast prepares them for possible improvements. We will also check on the coffee maker to be sure we are not brewing it too weak. Again, I am sorry we missed your expectations for our breakfast.

We do hope to see you again on your next trip to our area and thank you again for staying at our hotel.

Alexandria, VA
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I traveled up the east coast, by car, with my elderly parents, and our 2 small dogs. One of our stops was Washington, DC. We chose this Comfort Inn because of their pet policy, the convenient shuttle service to the nearby Van Dorn Metro Station, and their reasonable prices. The hotel was clean, the staff friendly and helpful, and they have a a pretty decent free breakfast. All of these things were great to have in a hotel, but they went above and beyond all this for us. On our way back down south from up north, (5 days after checking out of this Comfort Inn), my father got very ill, and I had to call 911 and he was admitted to a hospital. This happened in Alexandria, and I immediately called the Comfort Inn, identified myself, and told them about my Dad. They remembered us, and gave us a room with a discount because of our situation. They were wonderful. They asked about my Dad every time they saw me. Thankfully, my father recovered and was discharged from the hospital 2 days later, and we got back on the road. At that point I realized that I had left my Kindle Fire at the hotel. I called them, and they found that it had been turned in by housekeeping. They mailed it to me, and I received it today. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. And I'd like to make a special mention of Sidra and Sharmaine. These two young ladies were a blessing from God during my Dad's illness. I look forward to staying at this hotel again the next time I visit the DC area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write the very nice review about our hotel and our team. I am sorry that your father was ill during your trip but am glad that we were able to help you during that difficult time.

We will be sure to recognize the contribution that Sidra and Sharmaine made to your stay at our next team meeting. They are a valuable part of our team and we are happy to have them with us.

Thank you again, we hope to see you again in the future.

Alexandria, VA
Albany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

From the reviews, I was not expecting the hotel to be as nice as it was. The room was spotless, nicely decorated and roomy. The desk staff were extremely helpful. I will definitely stay here again. Next time I will use their shuttle to the Van Dorn metro station.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
It is great to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by your stay experience at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team I want to thank you for your kind comments about our hotel, staff and service.

We hope you again very soon.

Barre, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed here because it was close to DC and they provided shuttle service to the Metro station. They were very helpful with directions for getting around DC and the Metro. Our room was extremely nice - king size bed in a corner room with plenty of windows. Although we could see the highway, it was still relatively quiet - we were on the 3rd or 5th floor (I can't remember exactly). The only complaint I have is that the vending machines were sparse. They could have included many more foods items considering that there were no stores or restaurants within walking distance. Other than that, our stay was pleasant and I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for staying at our hotel for your trip to the DC area. We appreciate your letting us know that you enjoyed your stay. You noted that we don't have a lot of vending machines which is true, just in our 2nd floor vending/laundry area; but we do have our snack shop in the lobby next to our front desk which has quite a variety of beverages and food items including candy, chips, light entree's and ice cream.

Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon.

WOOSTER
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I made last minute plans with my daughter to visit DC for the Cherry Festival. We found this hotel that offered a great rate, was near metro and made our needs. The bed was so comfortable after walking all over DC, the shuttle to the metro was available within minutes of a request and the breakfast was a nice touch to begin our morning by offering much more than a typical hotel breakfast. We found the room to be very clean and not noisy at all even. We were on the end of the hall and were lucky to be given a room with three windows and a nice view. We will stay here again. It needs to be noted, the hotel is a forty minute Metro ride to most attractions and does not have restaurants within walking distance; however, this is a small inconvenience for a clean hotel for a good rate. Hotels a bit closer were much more expensive. We left early each morning and stayed in DC until late evening, so just two long Metro rides each day.

Room Tip: Ask front desk for area restaurant menus for places that deliver, we enjoyed Pizza and Chinese take...