“Very poor service for business people” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Lexington
“Very poor service for business people”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed at this hotel and will not stay here again. I sam a diamond memeber of Choice Privialges. I am traveling nurse and travel 52 weeks a year and will be in this area all summer. Rooms are nice but most of staff is awful. It took 30 minutes to check in. Hair dryer did not work and when i complained was treated as if I had asked for something unreasonable. Did change rooms after I called corporate office. In new room phnes did not work for wake up call and I had no coffe pot for coffee. They did fix phone but were upset about it. They never did get me a coffee pot and I was tired of complaining to them. The food service staff were wonderful and nice. Most of staff needs a class in customer service. The do not like complaints and I find that Choice hotels does little. I used to love staying at Comofrt Inns but I find now that many have very poor customer service. I have not seen this in other hotel chains and see an improvement in customer service but Choice hotels just does not seem to want business people any more.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Denise,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of the staff service issues you experienced during your stay at our hotel. We are very sorry that your stay at our hotel was not what you expected.

As I expressed in my emails to you after your call to our corporate customer service department, rude treatment of anyone at any time is certainly not acceptable and I have personally reviewed your comments with all of our team members who were on duty during your stay to ensure they are crystal clear about this.

Again, thank you for contacting us regarding your stay.

Alexandria, VA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My wife and I had a great stay at this property. Great staff. The property is right near Metro stop. The hotel provides free shuttle to and from station. Very good breakfast. Over all good experience. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your deciding to stay at our hotel and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your experience with our staff and our breakfast buffet.

Recommendations from our guests are very important to us, we will pass your kind comments onto our team.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Front desk personnel are nice & friendly. Rooms were nice & clean! Breakfast are hot & good but cease at 9:30am.

Shuttle Service begins at 7am unless it snows. Close to Van Dorn Metro Station but shuttle service ceases at 9:30 pm. Taxi service is around $10 (in 2014) from Van Dorn Metro Station to hotel unless it snows then prices increase. The shuttle service will not take you anywhere else but to the Metro according to the front desk.

Hopefully this knowledge in advance will help you make good choices when booking!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for deciding to stay at our hotel, we are happy that you found our desk staff to be friendly and rooms to be clean.

Yes, our shuttle runs from 7 am to 9:30 pm every day and we only transport guests to/from the metro station during peak season which is from March to October. Due to heavy local traffic and high guest demand for our shuttle service we limit it to the metro to provide the best service we can to as many guests as possible.

Thank you again for staying at our hotel, we hope to see you again soon.

Manchester, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

My family chose to stay here because of its reasonable price and it's proximity to DC. You can drive into downtown DC and park at Union Station all day for only $18, which can actually be cheaper than the Metro!

It looks well-maintained, as though recent renovations have been done. But don't expect this to be 4-star... It's comfortable but basic. The free wifi and free parking is great. The free breakfast is nothing special and the eggs are kinda gross. There's only one mirror in the entire room, which is the bathroom mirror over the sink. Tough for 2 or more people to get ready at same time.

These sacrifices were well worth the savings we enjoyed by staying just outside of DC. Oh and Alexandria has its own charm, especially down by the Potomac river. Definitely worth checking out if you have time.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Convenience to DC at more affordable prices does bring at lot of guests to our area but with several hotels in the area we appreciate your picking our hotel, thank you. You are correct, we just finished renovation of all of our guest rooms, the project took nearly 3 years as we tried to work during slower periods of the year to minimize impact on our guests.

We are sorry you didn't find our breakfast very special. We try to pack a lot of options in our 37 foot long breakfast buffet. I will work with our breakfast staff on how the eggs are prepared, thank you for your comment, we really want our guests to have a good breakfast for a good start to their day.

Thank you again, we hope to see you on you next trip to the DC area.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed here recently on a trip to DC. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean. It was easy to get to and from DC. The only downside was that the AC froze up during the night. The breakfast was the usual " free breakfast" fare. Good deal for the money.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at our hotel for your trip to DC. We are happy to hear that you found our staff friendly and room clean. I apologize for the problem you noted with the AC unit. I will get maintenance on it, thank you so much for letting us know, warm days are quickly coming and AC is a must.

Again, we appreciate your staying at our hotel and hope to see you again soon.

Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

My room was filthy with hair in the sink, hair pin on the carpet that I stepped on, the coffee pack was already open and the coffee taken out.
My flight was cancelled so I called early to let them know in advance that I will not be using my room that night and to give it away, I spoke to Monet, the employee asking for refund she asked me to call back in order to check with her manager, Bernadette. I called back and Monet said that Bernadette agreed to refund me that night. However, I was denied the refund upon my departure after two night stay at this disgustingly dirty hotel with a dishonest manager.
The heating system was so loud that woke me up whenever it went on, I could not sleep the two nights of my horrible stay.

Room Tip: Don't bother go there, not worth the price. You can get higher quality for less money.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Please accept my apology for the problems with the room you noted in your comments. I have reviewed your comments with our housekeeping and maintenance staff as the problems you described are certainly not up to our standards.

Regarding the refund for one night, I reviewed your reservations and found one for 2/27 that we canceled at no charge and one that you made for 2/28 that we changed to 3/1. Both reservations were made through online booking sources and prepaid by you. While we made the changes on our end, you have to contact the booking source to request a refund which we will approve. (the reservation for 2/27 was through Expedia). We don't charge your credit card, the booking source does, so they have to issue the credit.

I am very sorry if this was not explained at checkout but any charges for the first reservation and the unused night on the second reservation can still be credited but you will need to contact the booking source. They will then contact us and we will approve the credits.

Colebrook, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay...

Very well convenient location next to 495 exit - easy on - easy off...

Next to bike trail, ideal for morning jogging...

Very warm welcome by front desk manager... Very nice, polite and courteous... Offered me a free complimentary upgrade to suite room with my Diamond status; a nice touch!

Very nice and spacious suite with 2 flat screen tv, 2 restroom, nice couch and enough space for morning workout and office work in the evening...

Very good wifi Internet, awesome shower, great AC and fan system... fridge and microwave in room; a must!!!

Nice little fitness center, cafe with food option from 5h to 9h pm and complimentary breakfast (didn't eat breakfast so can't comment about it; sorry!!!)

Lovely stay for me; will be back!!!

• Stayed March 2014
We are so happy that we provided a pleasant surprise and a great experience during your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you for choosing our hotel and thank you for taking the time to post a comment about your stay.

All of our guests are important to us but we are happy to offer upgrades to our Choice Privileges Diamond members when rooms are available.

Thank you again for staying at our hotel, we hope to see you again soon.

Alexandria, VA

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria? Share your experiences!