“Lovely Stay For A Month” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Weston, Florida
“Lovely Stay For A Month”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I am so pleased in writing this review. I stayed here for a month and every employee that works here is awesome. Jose, Michelle, Bernadette, Batool, Jahad, Usher, Andrea, Hip, Porscha, I hope I didn't miss anyone but what a great staff and hotel you have here Scott. I do not have not one complaint other than your minor shortage on towels in which is an easy fix lol. Rooms are super clean all thanks to your housekeeping staff Maria, I think another Maria, and some others that I cant remember. Your drivers are all great as well. Soloman is a great cook. Amare is quite the funny man, Porscha is great as well, and Mr. King is just Mr. King lol. Great staff all around. Myself and the company will continue using your hotel for our trainees. Thank you so much for the hospitality. I will be coming back in November for a weekend. Hope to you again soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. Location is also awesome given the free shuttle service to the Metro Station in...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review you posted about our staff and hotel. Maria just completed a linen inventory and we ordered more towels today to build the stock up.

I made sure all of the staff, especially those you mentioned, saw your review as they really appreciate the encouragement for their work they do.

We will look foreward to seeing you in November. Our new guest snack shop will be open when you return to make any late night snacking easier.

Thanks again.

251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was able to use a bidding service and received a great rate, but this hotel would be a value at double what I paid. The location is excellent with many restaurants and other shopping only minutes away. The breakfast provided is a heavy continental variety with several hot choices such as fresh waffles, breakfast meats, eggs, and biscuits and gravy along with a huge choice of danish, bagels, muffins, juices, milks, yogurts, etc. that is nicely maintained. The rooms are large with very comfortable beds, upgraded toiletries & showerheads, flat screen tvs, etc. Furnishings were in excellent condition and a small microwave/fridge combo was provided. Hotel staff on the phone, at the front desk, and in the breakfast area were very professional and caring. I've stayed in several hotels in the area in recent months but have never been more (or as) satisfied! Great Job!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Paul,

Thank you for staying at our hotel on your trip to the DC area. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for your praise of our our staff and services. We hope to see you again on your next trip to our area.

Just to let you know, the next time you stay with us our new guest snack shop should be finished, located next to our front desk it will be our mini convenience store with beverages, snacks, ice cream, sundries and even some microwavable items for guests arriving late who want a bite to eat without going out to find an all night restaurant.

Thank you again for staying with us, hope to see you soon.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Comfortable stay and close to DC area, as well as Metro. Decent breakfast and helpful staff. The pool was small and needed cleaning, but it was end of season. Room was clean and well furnished. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The suite was well furnished and recently renovated. It was quiet as well.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for deciding to stay at our hotel and thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your stay. I am very happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed our staff and breakfast.

Please accept my apology that you found the pool below par, it should be fresh at all times regardless of being near the end of the season. I have called our pool maintenance company to make sure they understand this.

Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stopped here late Friday night from NY for 1 night on our way to Wlliamsburg because we had a coupon & I'm SO glad we did! All the rooms were newly renovated & very clean; it also included free breakfast which the kids enjoyed. The girl at the front desk was very helpful; she bought an extra blanket to our room & didn't want to take a tip. We even got to spend a day in beautiful Old Towne Alexandria. I hope we have the same experience when we get to Williamsburg.

• Stayed August 2013
We appreciate your picking our hotel to take a break on your way to Williamsburg. I have passed your comments on to out team and personally thanked Andrea, the night clerk you commented on, for helping make you feel welcome at our hotel.

I hope the balance of your trip to Williamsburg was great. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Staff was fantastic about helping me with directions to get to several places from there. Even gave me driving tips on how to get there faster. Breakfast was great, there was lots of choices. And the server was ever present seeing that things were kept wiped up and re-filled.

Driving in DC scares this country bumpkin so I was happy that they had a hamburger/pizza/sandwich bar in the area where the free breakfast is served right off the pool area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
It's so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I have passed your very kind comments on to our staff at the front desk and the restaurant. Your comments are a great encouragement to them, thank you.

I know that driving in DC can be a challenge but there is a metro station nearby and we offer free shuttle service to/from the station. So, next time you visit, you can see DC without having to drive there.

We hope to see you again soon.

Goshen, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My family was on the first night of a lengthy college visit trip. At 1:00 a.m. we had enough of driving and decided to stop at the next hotel. Luckily we ended up at the Comfort Inn in Alexandria. I was greeted by two friendly staff members who were extremely helpful. Not only did they help us by getting us a room quickly, they provided us with information about the local area, gas stations, restaurants, etc. I was impressed with their customer service.

Our room was quite roomy, nice new furniture. The beds were clean and comfortable. Room was quiet, we could not hear any noise from the hallway or the road. The bathroom was clean with modern fixtures.

The free breakfast was an added bonus with waffles, eggs, sausage, bagels cereal. Plenty of variety. The room rate was very reasonable and with breakfast included it made for a great deal.

When we're in the area again we will definitely be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for writing such a nice review of our hotel and staff. I have shared your comments with our front desk team, the really appreciated your praise. I'm glad that you enjoyed your room and our complimentary breakfast buffet and hope the balance of your college visit trip went smoothly.

Thank you again for deciding to stay with us, we hope to see you again soon.

Elmer, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

FREE buffet breakfast! FREE parking! FREE shuttle to Metro! FREE Wi-Fi in your room! This from a hotel just outside DC. Just short of amazing. Reasonably priced and great service from very friendly staff. From the onset I had excellent service from Michele at the Front Desk. Although faced with a large group checking in, Michele was fast, efficient and friendly throughout the entire process! And Bernadette, the Night Manage, was present to ensure everyone's check-in process went smoothly.

Although some in the group took advantage of the shuttle (7AM/9PM), since parking is FREE on the weekends at the Metro, my wife & I opted to drive to the Metro Van Dorn station just about a 1/2 mile away. Since the hotel is on a busy road I do NOT recommend walking to/from Metro (besides there is a rather 'scary' underpass you would have to navigate if you came back at night)

We enjoyed full days of DC sightseeing during our 2-night stay and returned to our very comfortable bed. Our room faced the road so we got some traffic noise which was drowned out by the AC fan. Get a room facing the rear of hotel for a quieter night.

The hotel is very clean and well-maintained throughout. Two elevators in operation so never had a wait time. Hallway noise was minimal even with the large amount of people staying there.

Breakfast buffet was kept fresh by attentive staff and there was PLENTY to choose from--waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, cereal, danish, bagels, fruit, yogurt. What's not to like? Will definitely stay here on our next visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your very kind review of our hotel and staff. I have shared your comments with our team, it is great to be able to share with them when their efforts make for a great stay for our guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Thank you again.

Alexandria, VA

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria? Share your experiences!