“The Best Moderately Priced Hotel off 495 in Alexandria!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
Richmond, Virginia
“The Best Moderately Priced Hotel off 495 in Alexandria!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I travel to DC quite often and have stayed at budget Inns & 5 Star Hotels that claim the highest service in pleasing their customers. This Comfort Inn is easy to find, easy to get to and has nearby shopping and restaurants which is a priority for 2, 3 or 4 day stays.

I want to say this first of all, this was the first time I have stayed at this Comfort Inn & Suites as I usually stay off of 395 or in Crystal City. I it located on 495 and one exit from 395. The hotel staff was very polite and helpful and seemed to go out of their way to assist me. Unlike some hotels I have stayed at that customer service was lacking. As a frequent guest with Choice Hotels and a Choice Member I usually get a better than standard room such as a room with a King sized bed, but upon my arrival I was upgraded to a Suite which was unexpected and very much appreciated.

Breakfast in complimentary and a snack bar is open till 9:30 pm. There is no room service but they offer a take out service and the snack bar staff is nice and pleasant.

The only issue I had and the only reason I did not rate this as a five was my shower had a mold issue in the drywall seam above the shower. However, seeing as the rooms were being renovated and this particular wasn't one of them I wasn't to upset about it.

I will tell all of you I will not hesitate to stay here again, in fact it may be my new hotel of choice when I visit DC from now on. Cheers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and thank you for your kind words about out staff. We try to offer our Choice Privileges guest an upgrade whenever we are able to do so and I am glad you liked the suite we assigned to you.

In addition to our snak bar which you mentioned is open in the evenings from 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM, we are building a guest pantry/snack shop next to the desk in our lobby. We hope to have this up and running by the first week in September. It will be open 24 hours a day to provide additional options for our guests withoug having to leave the hotel.

Alexandria, VA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very nice. And the staff was very good. Easy access on and off the Capital Beltway. Room was nice and clean. I really enjoyed my stay here. I would recomend this hotel to anyone who is coming to D.C. I will be back.

• Stayed August 2013
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for staying at our hotel and thank you for taking the time to post a review about out hotel on TripAdvisor. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your recommendation for other travelers to stay here.

General Manger
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed here overnight and had a great time. The accept pets. Down-side is the property does not offer a lot of grass area for pets to relieve themselves so prepare to walk across the highway for a location. Overall no complaints. Free breakfast offered. Chinese food delivery available.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us on your recent overnight trip to our area. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again when you visit our area.

Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Arrived fairly late, there was a slight mix up in our reservation but was corrected quickly. We needed a late checkout the next day until the room that we had originally reserved was ready for us to move - this wasn't a problem. The breakfast was always hot and full of many choices (several fruits, yogurts, and other items). My only two complaints were the pillows are too soft (which I know that this is something that everyone will not always be pleased on) and my final night we wanted to eat at the in house restaurant. About 5:30 I went down to order, the gentleman working was a little rude in saying that he was changing the grease and I would have to wait about 30 minutes to order. We ended up going out anyways, after a long day at work (and shopping) all I wanted to do eat dinner and relax.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are more spacious
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. Please accept my apology for the mixup with your reservation, I am glad that we were able to resolve the probelm quickly and you enjoyed the balance of your stay at our hotel.

You commented about the pillows being soft so I wanted to let you know that we are in the process of changing pillows throughout the hotel and every bed will have 2 firm and 2 softer pillows to allow for multiple tasts in pillows. This will be completed by the end of the year, there are a lot of pillows to replace (1137 to be exact).

Please also accept my apology for the delay in our cafe and the staff members demeanor, I have made it clear to the team members in that area that opening time needs to be adheared to.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I really can't say anything negative about this hotel. Check-in was fine and pleasant. Our room was clean and the beds were comfy. Breakfast was good. Our dogs even got to do laps in the hallway late at night to exercise! :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us on your visit to our area, we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and hope to see again you when you return to our area.

General Manger
Brighton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I was afraid that due to its proximity to I-495, the rooms would be noisy. Not so. The rooms are well sound-insulated and comfortable.
The staff were the best team I have experienced lately. From Bernadette, the front desk manager, Jose, Johar, to everyone else at the desk, to Solomon in the Capitol Cafe, they were all great. They faxed multiple documents for me, kept extending my reservation on a daily basis, and just continually made me feel welcome and taken care of.
One word of caution: this hotel attracts large tour groups, so the breakfast room can get rather frantic with lots of teenagers who do not speak English. Food was typical "free breakfast" fare.
The rate was the best I found in the DC area.

Room Tip: Room 211 is at the end of the hall near the meeting rooms, so you do not have neighbors.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
It is really rewarding for us when we can suprise our guests in a pleasant way. Thank you for your kind comments which we have passed on to our team. I personally thanked the team members you mentioned by name for their efforts to make your stay special and recognized them in our team meetings.

Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you again very soon.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The Comfort inn & Suites Alexandria is an Excellent place to stay if you are visiting the Washington DC area. My family and I felt welcomed as soon as we walked through the doors. The lobby was so clean and inviting. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable of the area. The hotel is conveniently located near Walmart, the mall and restaurants. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. We really enjoyed the courtesy shuttle that took us to the Metro station and picked us up to bring us back to the hotel. We originally stayed at a Howard Johnson in Cheverly MD, that was horrible. We left that hotel after one night and stayed at the Comfort Inn Alexandria and must say that it was a very wise choice going there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your very kind comments about our hotel and staff, I have passed your praise on to out team. We appreciate all comments from our guests as we strive to be the best we can but of course it is especially nice to receive comments like you posted.

Comfort Inn & Suties

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria? Share your experiences!