“Enjoyed our stay here.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Illinois
“Enjoyed our stay here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The rooms are a little smaller than usual. The room was very claen and neat. We enjoyed the outdooor pool. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. We were also very happy with the hotel van service that took you to the train and picked you up when you returned. This was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

254 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
East Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Before even leaving for vacation, Atiff the manager called to upgrade my two double rooms to king suites for the week and upon arriving at the hotel I was very happy. It did take a little while to check in but that's because we had 3 rooms reserved. The rooms are very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The free hot breakfast was a nice touch but the only downside of this was we happened to be staying when a few bus loads of people so breakfast was busy and the people were rude and wouldn't move out of our way for nothing when we were trying to get to the outside patio but that is not the hotel's fault. Pool was nice and free shuttle service to the metro station was a plus. Would stay here again.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I recently had to stay at this location for a business meeting. I was extremely tired, and the staff was very helpful & kind. The rooms were clean, and the bed was comfy. I will be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jamestown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Overall, the hotel was great! Friendly staff, exceptionally clean and updated rooms. The pool was small but also was clean and served its purpose. I was also happy to see a lifeguard on duty when the pool was open. HOWEVER, my husband and I believe that we would have had a better night sleep if we slept on the floor. The mattresses were hard as plywood. This would prevent us from staying here again, which is too bad because everything else was great.

• Stayed July 2012
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed at this property for 4 nights, we chose this location due to the proximity to DC. We visited the Smithsonian and other landmarks in DC and surrounding areas.

The receptionist was extremely helpful, and knowledgeable of the local attractions and restaurants. The breakfast was mediocre, my only complain was the room was extremely damps, and the room did not have an extractor fan.

Other wise this a good hotel for the budget minded traveler.

Newport News, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The Comfort Inn and Suites Alexandria, 5716 South Van Dorn Street, Alexandria is the worse hotel I have stayed in. The front desk staff is not helpful. When I checked in on Sunday, 29 July, it took the clerk more than 30 minutes to check me in. I was to the point of nearly walking out. When I asked if there was a problem, she continued to work on the computer and ignore me. The next day when I arrived at the hotel after a long day at work, I could not open my door. I found out when arriving at the front desk, they had disabled my card because the clerk from the night before did not charge my card for a pet deposit, which is $25 per night. So I will end up paying $150.00 just to have my pet with me. I would have done better staying some where else if I knew I was going to be charged so much. The hotel is smelly, and needs updating. Wireless internet does not work in the room. Plenty of kids running up and down the hall all night screaming and slamming doors. I called the front desk clerk to report the noise but nothing happened. Bad choice to stay here. It is off the highway so lots of traffic noise!!!

Room Tip: No good rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Bethesda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Three weeks ago, my sister's first visit to my brand new home was threatened when the DC area was wrecked due to the terrible thunderstorm at the end of June. That Friday, my power went out, and by Saturday, Pepco was threatening to not turn back on the power. My sister and her daughter were staying at my house with myself and my son for the first time that weekend. I live in Bethesda which was completely without power.

After calling a number of hotels near me, I realized that we were going to have to go to VA in order to get a hotel. I had read a really great review on this website for this Comfort Inn and saw what great rates they had, so I called the hotel.

At first, I thought I was not going to get a room, so I asked to speak to a manager. A VERY understanding young arabic gentleman helped me get the room and made sure that when we got to the metro station that we would be picked up by the shuttle bus.

The shuttle bus driver was also very gracious and really helped my sister and I keep the little ones calm after two hours trying to get to the hotel. When we arrived, I asked to meet the manager who helped me get the room. He continued to further assist my sister and I by carrying our bags to the room so that we could attend to the little ones.

The room was clean and comfortable and the kids really enjoyed the breakfast room the next day. We were even able to enjoy the sites of Alexandria a bit, thanks to a few helpful hints on places to take the kids for fun from the manager.

At every turn, the staff of this hotel was truly there to make our stay comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask the fornt desk staff. They really were very helpful.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria? Share your experiences!