“quality inn alexandria” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Battle Creek
“quality inn alexandria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Nice place to stay near washington dc. Close to the city but not too close.
Nice rooms and pleasant place to stay. Price was good. Stayed two nights and had no problems. Dennys right across the street for a reasonable place to eat.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
va423, General Manager at Quality Inn Mount Vernon, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property it is greatly appreciated as you know guest feedback is very important to us; it also makes us happy to know that you were pleased with our property and your stay; we hope to see you again in the near future
Hospitably
Staff and management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Greenfield, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed here for one week in late June 2013 and this hotel met all of our expectations. It's only about 5 minutes from the Huntington Metro stop (yellow line), making it fully accessible to Washington, DC. Minutes from Mount Vernon and Old Town Alexandria, as well as shopping, restaurants, etc made this choice a no-brainer. I stayed with my 11 year old son and we enjoyed the pool quite a bit. I recommend getting a room with a drive up parking spot on the first floor. Very clean, spacious, comfortable and reasonably priced. We'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: First floor with parking right outside the room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
va423, Manager at Quality Inn Mount Vernon, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful thoughts with us with regards to your stay here at the Quality Inn Mt Vernon in June it is so nice to read that you had a great stay, that’s what we work towards every day offering a great experience.
Sao Paulo, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for 6 nights during a congress in dc and I can say the rooms are enormous, wifi works well and so does the air conditioning. There are plenty of parking spots breakfast is good everything included.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you very much for your great survey response we are happy you found our staff friendly they work hard at making every guest their friend, and that you are satisfied with your room we hope to see you at breakfast, so you can try our new waffle station with all its great toppings.
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

In short, the Quality Inn Mount Vernon is an outstanding Choice Hotels VALUE.
SQUEAKY CLEAN.
Outstanding, HOT, breakfast.
Pleasant, professional, Staff.
Sits fairly near the end of the DC BLUE METRO Line.
So, you can avoid the need to drive into DC.

D. Black
Chesapeake, VA

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
va423, General Manager at Quality Inn Mount Vernon, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you we very much appreciate and value your feedback, and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Often its wonderful guest such as yourself that bring the best out in us.
Hospitably,
All of Us here
Fall River, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I planned a DC vacation for my family and needed a hotel near by that wouldn't hurt my wallet. This property seemed ok on line.

We arrived late at night, 2AM. While we were getting our belongings out of the car and waking up our children, three police cruisers came into the parking lot. They did not look like they were just checking up, they were on the look out. Although not entirely the hotels fault but this made me feel uneasy.

Checking in took much longer then it should have. The clerk wasn't rude but his tone made us feel like we were bothering him.

Once arriving to our room I hesitated instantly whether we should stay or not. The room had an awful odor, stains all over the carpet, furniture was dated and dirty. My husband convinced me to stay. It was late and the kids were tired. The bedding was stained and looked as if they were never washed. I instantly checked for bed bugs, to my surprise there wasn't any, thank god! Oh and we still haven't figured out what kind of little black bugs were crawling all over our room. At first I thought fleas but they were larger, guess we will never know.

It was finally 3AM when we all were in bed and we couldn't sleep, people in other rooms around us were so loud it seemed as though there was a block party. I called to the desk, and to our knowledge nothing was done.

At 8:30am housekeeping knocked on our door and woke us all up. They continued to knock every half hour until we finally left. Taking showers in the morning was an adventure. I made my family wear sandals in the shower because the tub was covered in stains and mold. The towels smelled musty and were covered in hair. Once we were ready to leave we had our final knock on the door from the housekeeper, I opened that door like a bat out of hell, maybe I scared the woman or maybe she finally realized that maybe after knocking 5 times she shouldn't have because she ran.

The icing on the cake was when we checked out and I expressed my thoughts about our stay and all the front desk clerk said was, "you should have put the do not disturb sign on the door." Not that it would have made a deference in my opinion but a simple "I'm sorry to hear that" would have made it a little better. And maybe, just maybe, I wouldn't have take my time to be so detailed on my review.

• Stayed June 2013
Ridley Park, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Not too far from DC, which is why we were there. Clean and neat. Ample space for kids in rooms. Staff is pleasant. Security at night and he carries a pistol, which led me to wonder what area we had booked our stay. We had no trouble though. EXCELLENT wi-fi signal and it's the BEST wi-fi signal we have ever had in any stay in any hotel. Pool is only open during the week from 3p-9p and there is a life guard, but he hangs back and just talks on his cell the entire time. Breakfast was ok. Good little selection of hot/cold choices. Other than the fact that people 'live' there and not just stay there, it's a decent place. AC is a dated system (old) and in the middle of the night it starts 'screaming' or whirring this noise that just woke me from a sound sleep. I turned it off.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Norfolk, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We checked about 10:30 at night. We got all our stuff situated then wanted to turn in for the night. The front door WOULD NOT LOCK. Called front desk & she sent the security guard to our room and he couldn't get the door to lock either. So at 11 PM we had to change rooms. This Quality Inn isn't safe. There was an armed guard in the parking lot but we still didn't feel safe.
Never again!