“Friendly Staff, Good Value” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Kissimmee, Florida
“Friendly Staff, Good Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The friendly staff upon my arrival was an added bonus for selecting this hotel. This is a great location for touring the Mt. Vernon historic site. Room was clean, shower was good, bed was comfortable, and the breakfast offered variety. The door to my 1st-floor room seemed a loose fit in it's frame but lockable. The neighborhood was well-worn, but seemed safe anyway.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I like the way the building is boxed in so the rooms all face inward toward the court yard. Housekeeping is phenomenal and everything you could possibly want while shopping is within a mile or so. The beds are so-so but the four fluffy pillows are awesome. The microwave and fridge in each room is quite handy. There is a fitness center and my all round favorite... laundry. That is so convenient!! I'm not sure of the regular price as I booked my reservation through Priceline.com but it was well worth the money. I love this area.

Room Tip: get near the ice machine... there is only one on the third floor and one on the first. be careful w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Arnoldsburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The staff and location are very good. But the hotel is in bad need of repair and face lift.
The door to my room was weather damaged so bad there was at least a 1 inch "crack" at the bottom of my door due to rot.
Wallpaper was coming off the walls all over. The bed and table were very outdated and old and need replace. When I sat at the table, I was afraid it would fall down. The chairs. The longer I sat in them the lower to the floor they would get. Very worn out.
If in the area, I would stay here again, but there are many other hotels in the area. But as I said, it is a good location and the staff was very nice.
The room I was in had two double beds. The room looked like at one time it was a suite or a large one bed room. I had to turn sideways to walk past the second bed to get to the bathroom.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

On our first rainy day in America, it was good to arrive to this nice hotel.
free continental breakfast, free parking, free coffee, free local calls and free USA Today. Guests enjoys relaxing in the picnic area.
Business travelers will appreciate conveniences like free wireless Internet access and access to fax and copy services.
All rooms come equipped with coffee makers, microwaves, refrigerators, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards and cable LED television with HBO.
we enjoyed every moment of our stay!

Room Tip: Rooms are very good
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This place had everything I wanted: acceptable rooms, courteous staff, free on-site parking, one of the better continental breakfasts I've seen, and a convenient location between old town Alexandria and Mt. Vernon. The staff was actually one of the nicest parts for me. The first room they gave us had a problem with the door locking so I requested a new room expecting to get some resistance, but they couldn't have been nicer about it and just gave us a room next door so we didn't have to lug our stuff very far. There's also a small fee that is added to every room that can be removed at check-out, and again, I expected resistance to asking about this, but they were totally fine with it and didn't question a thing. It's just nice to encounter staff that know their policies and accommodate their patrons.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This motel is clean and comfortable. I feel it is a great value for the price. It has a center courtyard which I thought was lovely. The staff was helpful and friendly.

We liked our room so much we decided to spend an additional night. The bed was very comfortable. The towels were soft and nice.

This motel is very near Mount Vernon which is a must see. Great for anyone interested in history. Also if going into DC it is not too far from the Huntington metro station. We purchased a day pass and took the metro wherever we wanted to go.

I think this place is a great value for the price. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
southern ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My spouse and I stayed here for 8 nights in September. We would stay there again but it was shabbier than we expected. I think the whole room would've benefitted from new carpet. The room always smelled slightly musty and there was a damp feeling to things. And it was not humid weather, plus we kept the air conditioner on.

Our first night had us concerned about the neighbourhood as the hotel is beside an apartment complex and there was a woman screaming at someone, at the top of her lungs, for about 10 mins. She was mad at someone and everyone got to hear about it. No one called the police. Another night, a fire truck went to the complex but it didn't stay long.

There were various work trucks in the hotel lot as if there were guests there who had jobs in the area.

Overall, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable and we didn't have any issues with anyone. It was pretty quiet at night and the hotel always seemed half full or more. The staff were friendly and helpful, the property was kept clean and well-groomed and there was a good little breakfast nook you could eat at from 6:30-9:30am that was included.

It was a good location if you had a car as there were various restaurants up and down the street the hotel was on, as well as pharmacy's, Walmarts, gas stations, convenience stores etc.
The hotel was about a 5 min drive from the train station where parking was $4.75 a day and you pay for the distance you travel on the train there. To go to L'Enfant station - main place to start walking to see major monuments, museums, etc, cost about $3.75 one way, per adult. I wouldn't recommend driving into DC.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple