“Not Bad” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Not Bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I read reviews on Trip advisor before I made my reservations, but my sister stayed here 4 weeks ago and did not have a problem. the bathroom was exceptionally clean - considering I am now at a Holiday Inn in Fayetteville and the bathoom had all kinds of hair in the bathroom and an unclean toilet The front desk girl was very friendly and helpful The neighborhood is not flashy but right now it's 10:30 PM and it's very quiet. Free WIFI, a small fridge and microwave in the room, a couch to sit on and a desk for your lap top, and a safe. This is a one night stop over, we are headed to Charleston. When I leave tomorrow morning I will make reservations for my return home. We spent the day at Mt. Vernon, which is a MUST see if you are site seeing. All in all, I am pleased and the price was right, especially since we are spending 10 days in different hotels - the money does add up. So, if you are on a tight budget, this is great. Plus, it has a free continental breakfast and a late 12 noon check out, we can sleep in. The breakfast was decent - nothing spectacular, but just right to feed your gut befor hitting the road, but there is a Denny's right across the street. I was hesitant reading a few negative reviews (ants, bad neighborhood) but my sister didn't have a problem and neither do I. I also read someone said something about the Hwy being right there it was quiet at night, but Monday morning rush hour traffic could be heard, but we are early risers anyway. Nice 42" TV in the room with lots of stations and movies (kids channels also). I am here now from my return to SC and again the room is CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN front desk girl is really sweet The parking lot is well lit and there are cameras and the parking lot is watched by the front desk which actually makes me feel safer about my car. It's right off Richmond Hwy and there are plenty of places to eat on the Hwy including a great Mexican restaurant Chevy's - excellent food.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor, less foot traffic.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cologne, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

+ room was big
+ quite clean
- breakfast room is very small (was just a normal motel room transformed into a breakfast room...)
+/- location: depends what your aim is. We had a car, so we could reach the metro station (5 minutes) which brought us to Washington DC within 20 minutes for ~4$. Therefore the value of the motel was great. Much cheaper than anything within DC.
+ free parking

Would come here again for sure. Good price, good location if you have a car and rooms are OK too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Long Island City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I felt un safe at this hotel. We were on the first floor and at nite there is an armed guard. The staff was nice as was the breakfast room and breakfast. The location was good if your going to D.C as it was minutes from the metro. The hotel was musty and dated. We had a non smoking room but the room reaked of smoke. The price is unheard of but a trade off for comfort and peace of mind. If you are not traveling with children and pit stopping for one night-you will be ok. But we were with our family and just felt we made a mistake. The area is run down and night time brings some seeding looking folks. Try elsewhere if your with kids!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

I read reviews of this place mostly good. For the first night it has been real good. Its not in a flashy neighborhood, but quiet. Its location I assume is downtown. I will see how far its from the metro today. Other than that the price is acceptable the rooms are nice for the price. If you are looking for high class stay find another place. If you are looking to budget, free parking, and don't mind the neighborhood this is the place for you.

• Stayed September 2012
Concord, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I had an excellent two day stay with my daughter. We were visiting Washington, DC. The hotel was clean. The Manager Carmen and Christy The Front Desk Manager were very friendly and helpful. I love the outside added Breakfast area. I would stay there again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Don't expect a 5-star hotel. On the other hand, it's not a 1-star either. I'm guessing this place is old, but it was adequate. Less than 1/4 mile from the family I was visiting. The bed was comfortable. The room was clean, although expect a few stains on the upholstered furniture. Housekeeping service was excellent. I was staying with my 16-year-old granddaughter so it was nice that our room had two sinks; one in the bathroom and one outside. The free breakfast was perfectly adequate. Everything was fresh and replenished as needed. If you miss breakfast the hotel is right across the street from a Denny's and also a KFC. There was a pool with a life guard (nice touch that even some 5-star hotels don't have) but we didn't get to use it because we were running around. (Went to Old Town and took the free trolley over to the harbour and then the water taxi across the river to the National Harbour. Have to recommend it.) I'll stay here again because (1) location; (2) price; (3) no listings on the bed bug registry!!

Room Tip: Parking is quite limited on the north side of the hotel, but that's where the pool is and the br...
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I was extremely skeptical of the hotel based upon other's reviews of the hotel and surrounding area. I researched the area further and found it to be a nice working class area and a good hotel for the money; I am very glad we stayed here.
The hotel room size was comfortable, it easily accommodated 2 queen size beds and a foldout cot. There was a 3-drawer dresser, large flat screen television, dorm-room size refrigerator/freezer, storage nook with a clothes bar & hangers and a separate sink area and bathroom/shower.
The room was always kept very clean and neat, in fact the cleaning staff even propped our daughter's teddy bear on the pillows each morning.
The breakfast was far from a culinary delight, but it was plentiful, the food was good, the area was very clean and best of all it was free; that was a great cost savings for our family.

The METRO Huntington stop (yellow line) is only 2.5 miles away and there are over 3,600 parking spaces providing easy access to all of the sights DC and the surrounding areas have to offer.

There are plenty of reasonably priced restaurants and fast food places within a 2 mile radius of the hotel.

My only two drawbacks are a small one, the pool doesn't open before 3PM Monday to Friday & not as small, there were ants in the walls; we had to seal up all of the children's snacks in a cooler bag and tied up any empty food wrappers inside the garbage bags to minimize their presence.

Overall, this is an excellent hotel for the money; there may be nicer hotels a little closer to "Old Town" Alexandria or in DC itself, but most of them do not have free breakfast + a pool + free parking (which can be $20 to $40 for the hotels that charge for parking) and cost a lot more than $85 a night.
We will definitely stay at this hotel again, the next time we come to DC.

P.S. Go to Huntley Meadows park one morning for a walk, it is 2 minutes away by car off of Lockheed Blvd (the first light after the hotel). It has a boardwalk trail going through wetlands.
It is a nice walk to burn off the calories from the free breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn Mount Vernon? Share your experiences!