“ANTS?!?! Are you kidding me?!?!?” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“ANTS?!?! Are you kidding me?!?!?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is the worst experience of my traveling life. Checked in and the room is full of ants. The carpeting chosen breeds sugar ants because there's imbedded...whatever...throughout the room. How the cleaning staff can miss ants climbing on the tables, etc. is beyond me. Then, there were no other rooms to move us into...AWESOME. The night clerk refused to call the hotel manager. Instead, I got a can of RAID that leaked all over. The house phone in the room is dead, totally broken. What is so sad is that this could have been a fine room. The neighborhood is not a big deal; good restaurants two minutes up the street. Close to the Metro. Just a horrid stop (supposed to be here three nights). Ha! There is no excuse for this...none. Choice Hotels did nothing to solve this (should have moved me into another hotel). Instead, I am stuck standing vigil so my family can sleep. This is just wrong. By the way...room 334.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bushkill, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

$90 a night in peak vacation season, do people expect to be walking around in a Georgetown-type neighborhood? Yes the local area can be a little seedy, but the grounds of the Inn are fine, and there's no reason to be walking to anything local. Good location, short drive to Mt Vernon, also a short drive to the Metro, with plenty of chain restaurants within a couple miles. The breakfastwas better than most, which is a big money saver when you're on vacation. As long as you can overlook the worn carpet and the stained bedspreads, it served it's purpose to a T.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
York, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We needed a place to stay at an affordable rate for a tournament we were attending recently. We chose this hotel based on previous reviews an the special rate we were given. While the room was clean, the overall appearance of the hotel was dated. It did have two ok beds, very large tv, enough towels, etc. What was lacking was the neighborhood (right next to apartments that were again in a questionable way), An AC that gave a damp feeling to the room, a couple ants in the bathroom though we were on the second floor, and a small nervousness with seeing an armed guard walking around at night. At least our car would be safe.

I must add though that the front office staff was pleasant and was efficient in check in and out.

This would be an ok hotel for a quick stay, but I am sure there are better options in the Alexandria area.

• Stayed July 2011
Lexington, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We reserved our room for my parents (ages 72 & 68) and myself. From the reviews on here and the pictures, I felt comfortable that this wasn't the greatest, but it would be safe and in a decent area. When we pulled up to the neighborhood, I honestly thought we had the wrong address. There was a low-income "project" on all sides of it with lots of scary looking people looking us over for even being there. The hotel itself was very run-down on the outside and lots of people lurking in the parking lot. We decided to re-think our stay, but after a long trip we needed to get out of the car so we went to the Taco Bell across the parking lot. When we walked in, there was a group of teens sitting in the corner who looked me up one side and down the other and yelled "oh sh**!" I went back and locked myself and my mother in the car while my father waited inside. The parking lot got worse and worse, lots of gang-looking types. We went back and got my father and left...quickly! This is NOT the place to stay for families with little ones, or elderly. Fortunately we were able to find another hotel in another area where we could sleep knowing we were safe.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Troutville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

so you could put up with that is was worn...bathroom in need of repair to grout and toilet needed repair. If your on a budget it is a good choice a lot less than other motels but clean with great location. Was surprised by the very nice TV. I appreciated the woman doing the breakfast friendly and helpful. It was a good choice for us we knew we would only be in the room for 12 hours so seemed crazy to spend more.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

My wife and I found this hotel to be an average hum drum kinda place. We stayed 2 nights and thought the location was adequate for our visit to Mt Vernon and Alexandria. There is a Denny's across the street and many other food places nearby.The room was clean but outdated and the bed was not so good :( Also the room was a bit noisy from all the contractors staying at the hotel. Never the less it seemed to be a good value and we would probably stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Stay was 17-18 May 2012. I had mixed feelings after reading the reviews because of the location and I had Google mapped the location. But the reviews helped and for the price compared to double the amount or more for the other hotels 5 to 10 minutes up the road closer to Ft Belvoir, I decided to try it out. I’m glad I did because it ended up being closer for me to get to a friend’s home after a retirement ceremony I came up for. Actually the area turned out much better than anticipated. More stores and a lot of new stuff. Wal-mart up the street and Target down the street. And you can tell that the area is cleaning up with all the new businesses. Eating places everywhere. Except for the low income apartment complex across the four lane hwy, which you can see some remodeling taking place and a small low income complex on the other side of the fence next to the hotel and another small one next to that one, the hotel is actually in and ideal spot for all the new development around it. I did not see anyone hanging out at 9pm when I got back to the hotel and as others stated I did not feel unsafe. Actually saw three police officers on those scooters riding around through the complexes, and a security guard walking the property of the hotel and the hotel has cameras all around the property. Overall the hotel should be rated a three star instead of a two. The place was clean, no need for me to break out any cleaning products, the staff very friendly, the breakfast hot and very plentiful for me, but I’m not a big eater. Had the eggs, bacon, mini bagel w/cream cheese and OJ. Some of the furniture is old and worn but clean, no stains in the carpet, looked like my room had new caulking (Rm 303), but I could hear the traffic faintly from the highway and that was probably because the room was toward the front of the hotel. But it didn’t bother me, because I can hear traffic at home. Overall I was happy with my choice.

Room Tip: If you don't like the sound of traffic, then ask for a room toward middle or back.