“Very nice place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
brainerd
“Very nice place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

We stayed here on two seperate days and would not hesitate to stay for a week or two. Nice Clean rooms. Great staff. Reasonable rates. Nice accommodations. We were very impressed with this location. The breakfast room was a little small when the Inn is full, which was our case on both stays, but the staff go out of their way to keed up with the demand. The hot food was very good including, bacon.

Room Tip: For the best, convenient, and quite rooms and setting, get the first floor south side rooms where yo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

This was my second choice given the reviews when I was planning out trip but I was surprised when we had to checked in. Front desk was fast and no problems, the rate was acceptable, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We didn't eat so I would not know about that. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Shokan, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I went online to check for hotels in Virginia, Washington D.C.I saw that this hotel had two years of the Gold hotel award! When we arrived there I didn't know how on earth they won that award! Our room that we had was AWFUL! The light on the head board didn't work, there was peeling paint all over the room, and the carpet was rippd in so many places I didn't want to walk on it with barefeet. They also had construction workers staying there that were drunk and very loud on saturday eveningtwo doors down from our room. The only thing nice about this hotel was the HOT breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Winchester, Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

My husband and I needed a place to stay that was pet friendly and didn't break the budget. This place fit the bill and did not disappoint. The desk staff was very friendly and helpful when I asked to be allowed to checkout at bit after the 11am time. The room was very spacious and clean and everything was in working order. They provide wireless internet. The furnace even had a setting for fan only which comes in handy when needing to drown out other noises (although the area was very quiet). The breakfast was very adequate and we enjoyed making our own waffles! (just be sure to spray the grids well to prevent sticking) Our only complaint was that we did not have hot water in the morning. We take our showers at night so this was not critical. I mentioned this during checkout and the staff said that you have to let the water run for awhile when it is early in the morning. Who knew! That being said, we would certainly stay there again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Longview, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012 via mobile

Makes you feel like your home
staff are on top of every request. Rooms are very clean. Location is convenient. The prices are very reasonably.

• Stayed November 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Like others, I too was pleasantly surprized at how nice the room was. While the bathroom might not be state of the art, it was clean and so was the room. the beds comfortable and the service at the desk pleasant as well as helpful. They do serve a "continental" style breakfast. That means they have white bread for toast, mini bagels, small selection of cereal, hard boiled eggs, bacon (I use the term loosely), a waffle machine if you want hot waffles, coffee, tea, juice... If you don't want their breakfast, there is a Denny's right across the street. There are also other chain type restaurants near by.

The only drawback was getting there from the Capitol. While it is on a main highway, the signs in the area are not helpful at all. So, even with YAHOO directions, finding the hotel was something of a challenge. For future, I now know that it's right behind the Denny's.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I generally stay at another hotel when visiting the DC area but after reading other reviews I decided to give this property a try. My first impression was that the reception area was very warm and inviting not a cookie cutter type of front desk but more country inn type atmoshere. This theme is carried on to the breakfast room which was not only cozy but very well stocked with waffles, bacon, egg patties, hard boiled eggs, cereal, three different juices (Apple, Orange, and Grapefruit) danish and muffins. The coffee was good and there was an attendant that kept everything stocked and clean. The room was spacious and although kept clean the furniture is past needing replacement. The one annoying thing about my stay was that the cable kept cutting out...it reminded me of days past when a high frequency radio would interfere with the tv signal. I stayed 3 nights and will definately stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn Mount Vernon? Share your experiences!