“Adequate lodging close to Mount Vernon” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
seattle
“Adequate lodging close to Mount Vernon”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Clean room and the price was right. Easy drive from Reagan airport after a long flight and close to our first site on our agenda - Mt. Vernon. Love the make it yourself waffles in the morning and many restaurant choices within a few minutes drive + a Denny's onsite.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

My family of 5 stayed her for 2 nights. It was convenient and clean. The fridge and microwave in the room was handy. The rooms face a nice courtyard w/ benches and fountain. The breakfast included eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc. It was very good and the reason we stayed. Nice to not have to worry about a morning meal w/ 3 kids. We also chose this hotel for the price and because it was one of the few in that range w/ qn size beds. There is a computer available for guests as well. This hotel is close to other conveniences. We ate at an outdoor mall toward Alexandria at a Pizza place called Cici's. It is buffet and a great value for a family. I give 4 stars based on this type of hotel.

Room Tip: I used entertainment.com/hotels
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Okeechobee,Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

This hotel is a little dated but the rooms are really big with microwave,fridge and coffeemaker. The staff was great and gave us great advise on sightseeing and touring in Washington D.C. . The free continental breakfast was very good also, with fresh made Belgian waffles,bacon and other breakfast favorites made getting up a .lot easier. Those along with cost and quiet area make this hotel more than just considering.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

Formerly an Econolodge this property was better than I expected, but the bar was low after my recent stay at the Sleep Inn at BWI. Although not visible from the front of the building (which looks nice) this is an EXTERIOR corridor hotel, which individual outside doors facing a courtyard area which is well lit at night and looks nice during the day. The rooms were on the small side and shows signs of age and traffic, but not as bad as expected. The bathrooms have been updated with solid surface counter tops. The room was fairly clean and has a micro/fridge and 25” tube TV, a SMALL work area with a horrible chair. The beds were OK and the pillows were lumpy and cheap. The breakfast was very good with hot choices like waffles and eggs and traditional cold cereal, muffins, etc. The breakfast room was clean and comfortable. FOR THE PRICE, this is an above average property.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Ambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

I decided to book this hotel after reading many online reviews. The price was almost to good to be true, so I still had a bit of hesitation and did not really expect much.
I have to say, our stay there was wonderfully above what we expected.
The front desk, cleaning, and security staff were all very friendly, courteous, and helpful.
The room was extremely clean. You can tell that whoever cleaned our room did so with not merely professionalism, but pride. I have been in much more expensive hotels where things were not done nearly as well.
The room (2 queens, very hard to find in this price range) was spacious enough that 2 adults and 2 teens never felt the least bit cramped.
Microwave, minifridge, coffeemaker, coatrack and sink and mirror are in their own room with a door so that someone getting dressed doesn't have to wake up the rest.
The hotel was nearly full-up when we arrived, but over three nights the only sound we ever heard from our neighbors was when pizza was delivered next door. No voices through the walls, no traffic noise.
There is a Denny's and Taco Bell within walking distance. Many restaurants, convenience stores, Target, Wal-Mart, and various groceries are to be found within a convenient 2 mile drive on the same road.
The nearest Metro station, in my opinion the best way in to DC, is Huntington Station- about 2 miles from the hotel. Eisenhower Station is the next closest at about 2.4 miles.
The only negatives- the parking lot is a bit tight. The TV's could be updated, but we don't really put much value there.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Guilford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

Hotel is well maintained, clean and comfortable. Linens were good quality, pillow-topped mattress, hot shower and fast wifi internet for less than $100! Comparable to a newer Hampton Inn. The area is not for walking, a rental car is a must. I will stay there again when I need to travel to the Alexandria area.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Pine Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

Yes, I said it. I stayed here for two nights for MAGFest on the other side of town, and I was much more satisfied with my accommodations here than I was at the actual convention site!

I read reviews here prior to checking in saying that this facility was located in a BAD part of town, and that I ought to walk around with eyes in the back of my head. What a load. I felt pretty safe while staying here, and my sister would be inclined to agree.

While the internet signal was pretty bad on our side of the hotel, it still worked pretty well, in spite of the occasional outage. Not bad enough to complain to the front desk about, though, and it worked when I needed it.

We got both a fridge AND a microwave in our room, both of which were heavily utilized. Another plus is that the hotel waived the pet deposit for my hermit crabs, who stayed in their cage 99% of the time. There was a LOT of room to stretch out and unwind, much more than that allotted to me when we had to change rooms and move across town, although my sister got a room with her boyfriend, who flew in later in the week.

Should MAG be held in Alexandria again next year, and should I attend, I will definitely give this place another go. Nice bang for the buck, and another Choice Hotel that succeeded my expectations!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business