“Two Thumbs UP!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
Janesville, Wisconsin
“Two Thumbs UP!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

My family & I were looking for an affordable, clean and easy Hotel to get to for all of us, being that I flew in and they drove. The Comfort Inn not only offered that, They also were very organized upon check in/out, very polite, most helpful & knowledgable when it came to sights seeing tips and doing it affordably. The front desk help was perfessional and willing to help in any way they could. (they even printed out my e-ticket for my return flight home!) the hotel was maybe a little dated but always clean & picked up. The shuttle sercice was on time and always pleasent and the metro was only 5-min from the hotel. I would stay their again for sure. To the Manager and her great staff thank you for making our trip as perfect as it could be. keep doing things right! :) The Wasemiller's

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

What a pit for the money! Asked for a smoking room - but they don't have ashtrays - no wonder the furniture has holes in it! Tv won't work and the basketball game is on tonight - we'll send somone up - 2 hours later - a man comes and has no clue how the tv works cause he is new! Would NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
TaraInn, Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, July 16, 2010
Thank you for writing a review for our hotel! I would like to apologize for your unpleasant stay and any inconvenience we may have caused you during your visit at Comfort Inn Alexandria, VA. I assure you that the matter will be looked into. Once again, I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

This hotel had a fuzzy TV. The maintenanceman fixed it when we first checked in. Next morning, it was fuzzy again. Also, the hotel gives you a so-called "free" breakfast", which amounts to a $5.00 off coupon per person at the IHOP. But when you eat at the IHOP (which is attached to the hotel through the lobby), you notice that they charge you $4.00 extra on your bill as a "house charge". So, you really end up getting no discount. What's more, the eggs had hair in the plate under the eggs. Mind you, the hairs were underneath the eggs so you didn't see them until that last bite. When I pointed out the hairs to the manager, he stated that they were probably left there by the waitress, not the cook. Interesting magic trick to leave hairs underneath eggs if you're a waitress. How disgusting! Believe it or not, the guy even argued with me when I said I didn't want to pay for hairy eggs. Skip this hotel!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel! I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience as a guest at the Comfort Inn in Alexandria, VA. I appreciate the time that you took to bring this matter to our attention. Once again, I apologize for your unpleasant stay and any inconvenience we may have caused you. We hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the Alexandria area.
Two Rivers, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

We had a great stay at this hotel and would recommend it to anyone. Joey, the asst manager, was very helpful, pleasant and accommodating. We ended up staying a 2nd night because we were so pleased with the service received.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
TaraInn, Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, June 10, 2010
Thank you for your positive feedback on our property. I will certainly pass your kind words on to Joey. We take a lot of pride in our service to our guests, and are always happy to hear that your needs were meet. Again thank you and we hope to see you in the future.
boston, ma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

This had to be one of the worst hotels I have ever encountered. Fortunately, we had only booked one night here. We were made to wait along with dozens of other patrons for our rooms to be ready after 4:00 p.m. and even then, the maid walked into the room to finish up! It was dark, dirty, dreary....atrocious! We could not wait to get out of there.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
TaraInn, Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, May 6, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the poor service you received. Your experience was not the quality of service that we have promised to provide to our guests. There is no excuse that our staff did not fulfill that promise in your case. Once again, I apologies for the any inconvenience we may have caused. We do hope you will come and visit us again to experience our improved service.
Hazlet, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

Stayed March 10 and 11, 2010. Hotel was fine nothing fancy but adaquate. Staff was friendly, until I received my credit card. Charged me for an extra night. I have called the hotel at least four times, still not corrected. My credit card company has not yet cleared up. I am really fed up.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
TaraInn, Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, June 16, 2010
We greatly appreciate the time you took to write a review on Trip Advisor! I would like to apologize regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Landmark in Alexandria, VA. We have reviewed our procedures and made appropriate changes to prevent this from occurring in the future. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can assist you with. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience we may have caused you. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Fredericksburg, va
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

I stayed at the comfort inn landmark on a sunday night.. the front desk was very friendly when we checked in, but was not when we left. We were given room 615. When we 1st walked in, me being a hotel employee.. I knew to check certain things... As I started to inspect the room, I first started with the windows where the a/c unit was.. There was long black hairs everywhere, the a/c unit was covered it dust along with the desk in the room.. Decided just to dust it off myself and go about my business. Walked into the bathroom and the 1st thing in there that i noticed, was there was mold and mildew all along the batroom walls.. very very gross. We decided just to clean that up too so we wouldnt have to move to another room. Decided to take a shower and go out and venture the wonderful historical downtown alexandria, got in the shower and there was no water pressure at all... couldnt even rinse the soap all the way out of my hair. Took me an hour and a half just to get fully cleaned and the soap rinsed off.. Stepped out of the shower and looked at the bathroom door and noticed brown sticky dirty spots all over the bathroom door... Sounds to me like the housekeepers dont know how to clean a room properly. We went downtown for dinner and had a blast.. Came back to the room to go sleep and couldnt adjust the setting on the a/c uni. it was so hot all night that we couldnt even sleep. Went downstairs for breakfast in the morning at the IHOP, which was located inside the hotel.... With our breakfast coupons we had to get in the morning cause the wouldnt give them too use when we checked in we sat down at a table and ate a breakfast that was served to us in closed containers like we were at elementry school eating breakfast.. NEVER AGAIN WILL I STAY HERE!! out of all the choice hotels we stay at. this was by far one of the worst.. Worst thing of all there was, when i checked out, i handed the front desk my comment card which had a few nice things in there, she didnt even bother to read it, she threw it away in the trash can right in front of me.. HOW RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
TaraInn, Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, November 6, 2009
I want to thank you personally for taking the time to review our property on the tripadvisor.com web site. I want to extend my sincere apology for the substandard condition of your room and for the lack of concern from our staff.

Our consistent goals of cleanliness and friendly service require diligent attention and feedback from our guests. I assure you we have taken measures to prevent these incidents from happening in the future.

Although your experience with us has not been favorable, we hope you give us another chance to show you our high standards of cleanliness and friendly service.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know of your situation, again I apologize.

Been to Comfort Inn Landmark? Share your experiences!