“Staff was friendly, however, still fighting overcharge on credit card” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Landmark

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Hazlet, New Jersey
“Staff was friendly, however, still fighting overcharge on credit card”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

Stayed March 10 and 11, 2010. Hotel was fine nothing fancy but adaquate. Staff was friendly, until I received my credit card. Charged me for an extra night. I have called the hotel at least four times, still not corrected. My credit card company has not yet cleared up. I am really fed up.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
TaraInn, Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, June 16, 2010
We greatly appreciate the time you took to write a review on Trip Advisor! I would like to apologize regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Landmark in Alexandria, VA. We have reviewed our procedures and made appropriate changes to prevent this from occurring in the future. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can assist you with. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience we may have caused you. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fredericksburg, va
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

I stayed at the comfort inn landmark on a sunday night.. the front desk was very friendly when we checked in, but was not when we left. We were given room 615. When we 1st walked in, me being a hotel employee.. I knew to check certain things... As I started to inspect the room, I first started with the windows where the a/c unit was.. There was long black hairs everywhere, the a/c unit was covered it dust along with the desk in the room.. Decided just to dust it off myself and go about my business. Walked into the bathroom and the 1st thing in there that i noticed, was there was mold and mildew all along the batroom walls.. very very gross. We decided just to clean that up too so we wouldnt have to move to another room. Decided to take a shower and go out and venture the wonderful historical downtown alexandria, got in the shower and there was no water pressure at all... couldnt even rinse the soap all the way out of my hair. Took me an hour and a half just to get fully cleaned and the soap rinsed off.. Stepped out of the shower and looked at the bathroom door and noticed brown sticky dirty spots all over the bathroom door... Sounds to me like the housekeepers dont know how to clean a room properly. We went downtown for dinner and had a blast.. Came back to the room to go sleep and couldnt adjust the setting on the a/c uni. it was so hot all night that we couldnt even sleep. Went downstairs for breakfast in the morning at the IHOP, which was located inside the hotel.... With our breakfast coupons we had to get in the morning cause the wouldnt give them too use when we checked in we sat down at a table and ate a breakfast that was served to us in closed containers like we were at elementry school eating breakfast.. NEVER AGAIN WILL I STAY HERE!! out of all the choice hotels we stay at. this was by far one of the worst.. Worst thing of all there was, when i checked out, i handed the front desk my comment card which had a few nice things in there, she didnt even bother to read it, she threw it away in the trash can right in front of me.. HOW RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
TaraInn, Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, November 6, 2009
I want to thank you personally for taking the time to review our property on the tripadvisor.com web site. I want to extend my sincere apology for the substandard condition of your room and for the lack of concern from our staff.

Our consistent goals of cleanliness and friendly service require diligent attention and feedback from our guests. I assure you we have taken measures to prevent these incidents from happening in the future.

Although your experience with us has not been favorable, we hope you give us another chance to show you our high standards of cleanliness and friendly service.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know of your situation, again I apologize.
Boston, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

We checked into this hotel on 9/28 on our way to SC. The front desk clerk was friendly and gave us room 407. I opened the door and saw cockroaches scurrying all over the floor just inside the door!! We went downstairs to the front desk and was given a new room on the third floor. In that room, the toilet was broken - my husband fixed it himself. I did see a bug by the ice machine, which didn't work. We had breakfast in the IHOP downstairs the next morning and used the $4 coupons toward a full breakfast, which was ok. Once we were out of the hotel, I was told that what I hadn't seen were roaches in the bathtub and on the bathroom wall. This hotel is definately one to avoid!!

Once we arrived in SC we stayed for the week at a Wingate by Wyndham in Lexington. It was wonderful ... can't say enough good things about it ... highly recommend it!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
bethbishop, Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, October 14, 2009
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Alexandria Comfort Inn Landmark. I would like to offer our sincerest apologies for causing you any distress in reference to the issues you encountered during your stay. It is our goal to provide a clean, comfortable room for all of our guests and we are greatly disappointed that your stay was not the best. We hope you will give us another try if your travels ever bring you to the area again.
Alexandria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

I could not sleep through the night in this hotel. The bed bugs were biting me all night. I awoke in the middle of the night put my clothes back on and laid on top of the covers. The hotel was older, the service was okay, the rooms were unsanitary and cigarette smoke residue permeated the hallways and the rooms. I took pictures of the unsanitary bed linens and the bed bugs found on the pillows to the front desk the next morning. They of course refunded my room charge.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
bethbishop, Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, August 26, 2009
I want to you thank you for taking the time to write this review about your stay at our Alexandria Comfort Inn. We apologize for any inconvenience we caused. Occasionally these issues arise in many hotels and we take every precaution to rectify it. Providing you with a clean and comfortable room is our number 1 priority. Anything less than that is unacceptable in our eyes. We hope that when you’re in the Alexandria area you will stay with us again.
colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

The reviews were poor but we were pleasantly surprised when we stayed there for a week. Rene helped us out at the front desk and was extremely nice and helpful. He even upgraded us to a room with a refrigerator and microwave without us asking. The beds are nice and the rooms were clean enough. Best part is getting a 4 dollar coupon each morning to the IHOP in the lobby.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

Location is very good with transportation provide to METRO and Airport. Great for sightseeing and business. Breakfast is provided and the staff is very resposive and eager to assist you. We have been using this location for over 11 years and are highly impressed with service.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

We chose this location so that we would be close to the National Cemetery, as my father was being intermed there. The front desk staff was not cheerful and they acted as though they did'nt enjoy their job. I had to probe them for ammentities, as they werent forthcomeing at all. No one there went out of their way to make you feel welcomed. After checking in I had to call the frnt desk and request the roll away bed that they were so insistant upon chargeing me for; they wont allow 3 in a queen bed, though my youngest always sleeps with Mom and Dad when we are in a strange environment; leaving my older two to share the second queen bed in the room. The iron was missing so I called the front desk and they never sent one up. After several hours I went and found the maids in their basement gathering room. They spoke no English, I'm multi lingual but they didnt understand any of the languages I spoke. I used my hands for the ironing motion until they figured out what I needed; they were the most empathetic. Our room was non smokeing but the hall was filled with the smoke from surrounding rooms, putting my children asmtha on alert. Bathroom was old. The bedding was old and worn out. One bed sheet had holes while one bed spread had a cigerrete burn. Multiple story hotel with long interior corridors lacking airconditioning or ventalation. Scheduled to spend three nights, we vacated after two and beleive it or not, found the motel 6 in downtown DC to be cleaner and more suitable for our families stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
I deeply regret your dissatisfaction with your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to provide award winning service and it is apparent that we did not provide that to you. The feedback that you provided is appreciated because we know it will only make us better. I do apologize that you were inconvenienced by the behavior of our front desk agents and that you were not supplied with the adequate items in your room. I have had a retraining with all members of the staff to ensure that our guests never feel again that we did not provide them with the high standards of service that our guests and our company strive to live up to. Again we apologize that we could not live up to the standards of clean and friendly and hope that you will give us an opportunity to impress you in the future. Please call me if and when your travels bring you back to Alexandria.