While we really enjoyed Alexandria and Washington, DC, the hotel was pretty run down and not in a very nice area. Evey other floor was a smoking floor and the venting system didn't work very well. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The shuttle to the metro station was full, so we gave up after the first day and drove to the metro station and parked there.
The "free" breakfast was in the IHOP attached to the hotel, paid for by coupon, but the coupon didn't cover the cost. If you wanted a better breakfast, you could order from the menu, but the food was mediocre. We stayed there 5 nights. Toward the end of the week I stepped in to the bathroom and was hit with water pouring in through the light fixture, coming from the roof. They said their gutters were clogged and that's why that happened. I had to ask to have our room changed and they then did it cheerfully. The second room was like the first - a bit run down and needing some care. The rooms were kept very clean and I appreciate that in a hotel room. We didn't enjoy our experience in this hotel and would not stay there again. Would not recommend it for anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn Landmark near Old Town AlexandriaThe smoke-free Comfort Inn® Landmark hotel in Alexandria, Virginia is off Interstate 395 and one mile from the Landmark Mall.We are close to popular attractions, like: •George Washington's Mount Vernon Estate & Gardens •John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts •Fort Belvoir Army base •National Gallery of Art •Washington National CathedralThe Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and the Washington Dulles International Airport are a short drive away.Additional points of interest nearby include: •National Zoo •Smithsonian Institution •Library of CongressVisitors will enjoy outdoor recreational activities like golfing, jogging, boating, fishing and horseback riding, all minutes away.Be sure to visit the 24-hour IHOP Restaurant located on the premises.Our amenities include: •Free coffee •Free local calls •Free shuttle service to the Van Dorn Metro stations •Free parking •Seasonal outdoor poolYour Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious options, making breakfast at the Comfort Inn Landmark the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors!All guest rooms come equipped with coffee makers, safes, cable televisions, irons and ironing boards. For guest convenience, valet cleaning services are offered. The Comfort Inn Landmark hotel is your destination for hospitality and value when visiting the Alexandria, Virginia area. We look forward to serving you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn Landmark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Landmark Hotel Alexandria
- Landmark Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Landmark Alexandria
- Alexandria Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Alexandria