“Don't go here” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
italy
“Don't go here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

This hotel would have to rate absolutely at the bottom of the list as a last resort for me if nothing else was available. The hotel cleanliness left a lot to be desired and the staff was at best barely breathing. Here are a few words just to give you a taste of what I experienced at this hotel. I walked in the door to the front desk and asked if I could check in (a little after 3 pm). I was told gosh I'm really busy and now you're checking in. I looked around but no one but I was there. The person standing at the front desk was an older gentleman with one piece of paper in his hand, no smile, and head down the entire time except to take my credit card with a look of disgust on his face. After getting my key I entered my non smoking room which smelled like a smoking room. The room didn't appear clean just put together. The T.V. channels were fuzzy which left my option to go out around town open. Knowing the staff was resistant to giving help I ate downstairs at the IHOP with some friends. When reviewing the hotel situation with them they seemed to have it a bit worse. After arriving back home to Italy I called the hotel when I remembered I left without getting a receipt I called the hotel to ask for the receipt. The first time I was told to hold and then was patched through to someone else who hung up on me. The second time I called I was told I'm sorry I just can't help you. This hotel by far needs customer service training and training on cleanliness.

• Liked — Checking out!
  • Disliked — Checking in and staying there
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
bethbishop, Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, August 26, 2009
I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to my attention. I want to apologize for any inconvenience that you had endured during your stay at our Alexandria Comfort Inn. We strive to give clean and friendly service and we want our guests to feel that they are being provided this not only to their standards, but to the standards we have set within our company. Let me assure you that the housekeeping staff and front desk staff have been retrained on how to provide the up most in clean and friendly and how to maintain these standards that our guests and our company have set. Again please accept my sincere apologies for falling below your expectations. I hope that you will give us another chance if you are ever in the area in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
nc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

We checked in but were never told about the coupons needed for the continental breakfast in the IHOP. We were supposed to receive these coupons but were never told we needed them. We booked at this place because of the shuttle service, but the driver decided to take the day off. We were informed of this after we had waited for 30 minutes. The bathrooms were dirty. We needed extra washclothes and we had to go down to the front desk to get them ourselves and when we got them, they smelled like cigarrete smoke. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

The hotel was as expected for the star rating. It was convenient to have an IHOP in the lobby of the hotel. The area is commercial and a little run down looking but it seemed to be safe. The shuttle service to and from the metro only runs hourly - no problems getting the shuttle from hotel to metro - but if you miss the shuttle going back to the hotel, they will not return until the next hour. On last day, discovered a cockroach crawling on my suitcase. Be careful.

• Liked — Convenience of restaurant in lobby.
  • Disliked — Pest problem
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2008

I had an experience where a mouse is roaming in my room. When I called front desk they say the maintenance guy is not available until the next day. They couldn't switch the room for me that day. When I went to complain to manager the next morning, another couple complaining about mouse in their room as well.

Very poor maintenance. Not so clean rooms.

I would never stay there again and would not recommend for anyone.

• Stayed June 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hudson, NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2008

I recently stayed at this Comfort Inn for the 5th time as a chaparone with an 8th grade group of about 240 students. We took over about 3 floors. I was pleasantly surprised at the new look this year compared with past years. New furniture, new rugs, granite counters in the bathrooms and four soft fluffy pillows for each bed! Everything looked great.

We did have some problems with plumbing. Some of the students' toilets had problems and most of the chaperones had to take care of these issues themselves. I only saw one maintenance worker and I don't believe he was on duty the times that we needed him (mainly at night when we returned to the hotel for showers etc.). A few rooms were missing hair dryers so we had to share. Some of the AC wasn't working properly either.

All in all, I was impressed with the "makeover" from previous years, and since this was so recent, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt to say they are still in the process of completing the "makeover". When you handle this many students each week, I'm sure any place will take a physical beating!

Don't worry about the safety of the area. It is fine, just lots of traffic.

• Liked — Great Pillows!
  • Disliked — AC wasn't working too well in our room.
  • Stayed May 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Central Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2008

This hotel was absolutely fine! I was very nervous about staying here after I read many of the reviews. I stayed at the Comfort Inn Landmark as a chaperone on an 8th grade field trip and had no choice on the accommodations. Upon arrival, I was pleasantly surprised. It was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was nice. We had no problems in our room, but another room had no hot water. The staff seemed friendly and courteous. Also, I did not think the surrounding area seemed dangerous as one reviewer wrote.

Stayed April 2008
Northern Europe
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2008

For reasons beyond my control, I have stayed at Comfort Inn Landmark a few times over the last couple of years, and just returned from my last visit.

Rooms: quite all right, just been refurbished
Entrance and reception area: worn out
Staff: helpful and friendly in a weary way
Cleanliness: should be improved, but not at all insanitary
Location: convenient, un-charming, iHOPnext door, Korean restaurant with good food and margaritas across parking lot
Price: cheap
Clientele: not posh

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — neighbourhood
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Inn Landmark? Share your experiences!