“Bad Service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
nc
“Bad Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

We checked in but were never told about the coupons needed for the continental breakfast in the IHOP. We were supposed to receive these coupons but were never told we needed them. We booked at this place because of the shuttle service, but the driver decided to take the day off. We were informed of this after we had waited for 30 minutes. The bathrooms were dirty. We needed extra washclothes and we had to go down to the front desk to get them ourselves and when we got them, they smelled like cigarrete smoke. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

The hotel was as expected for the star rating. It was convenient to have an IHOP in the lobby of the hotel. The area is commercial and a little run down looking but it seemed to be safe. The shuttle service to and from the metro only runs hourly - no problems getting the shuttle from hotel to metro - but if you miss the shuttle going back to the hotel, they will not return until the next hour. On last day, discovered a cockroach crawling on my suitcase. Be careful.

• Liked — Convenience of restaurant in lobby.
  • Disliked — Pest problem
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2008

I had an experience where a mouse is roaming in my room. When I called front desk they say the maintenance guy is not available until the next day. They couldn't switch the room for me that day. When I went to complain to manager the next morning, another couple complaining about mouse in their room as well.

Very poor maintenance. Not so clean rooms.

I would never stay there again and would not recommend for anyone.

• Stayed June 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hudson, NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2008

I recently stayed at this Comfort Inn for the 5th time as a chaparone with an 8th grade group of about 240 students. We took over about 3 floors. I was pleasantly surprised at the new look this year compared with past years. New furniture, new rugs, granite counters in the bathrooms and four soft fluffy pillows for each bed! Everything looked great.

We did have some problems with plumbing. Some of the students' toilets had problems and most of the chaperones had to take care of these issues themselves. I only saw one maintenance worker and I don't believe he was on duty the times that we needed him (mainly at night when we returned to the hotel for showers etc.). A few rooms were missing hair dryers so we had to share. Some of the AC wasn't working properly either.

All in all, I was impressed with the "makeover" from previous years, and since this was so recent, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt to say they are still in the process of completing the "makeover". When you handle this many students each week, I'm sure any place will take a physical beating!

Don't worry about the safety of the area. It is fine, just lots of traffic.

• Liked — Great Pillows!
  • Disliked — AC wasn't working too well in our room.
  • Stayed May 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Central Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2008

This hotel was absolutely fine! I was very nervous about staying here after I read many of the reviews. I stayed at the Comfort Inn Landmark as a chaperone on an 8th grade field trip and had no choice on the accommodations. Upon arrival, I was pleasantly surprised. It was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was nice. We had no problems in our room, but another room had no hot water. The staff seemed friendly and courteous. Also, I did not think the surrounding area seemed dangerous as one reviewer wrote.

Stayed April 2008
Northern Europe
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2008

For reasons beyond my control, I have stayed at Comfort Inn Landmark a few times over the last couple of years, and just returned from my last visit.

Rooms: quite all right, just been refurbished
Entrance and reception area: worn out
Staff: helpful and friendly in a weary way
Cleanliness: should be improved, but not at all insanitary
Location: convenient, un-charming, iHOPnext door, Korean restaurant with good food and margaritas across parking lot
Price: cheap
Clientele: not posh

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — neighbourhood
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
itsnikhil
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2008

I got a deal for the long weekend of presidents day
2 days cost me 140$ including taxes...so not a bad deal
good room and well maintained.(non smoking)

the on ly problem i faed, the coller and the warmer both when placed on 'high' made a disturbing sound...hence i had to sleep with a normal fan during the winter days...
however it wasnt of much a pain...
the only brawback

breakfast was ok...not that good but to the level of 'ok' when its complimentary

the good this about this hotel was that it was abotu 15 miles from dc, but the parking was free at their premises...else all DC hotels were charging for parking

Thanks