“Just Fair” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Just Fair”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My family and I stayed overnight in this Inn and it did not meet my expectations. The rooms were not clean. The walls in the rooms were dirty. The beds had lots of "lumps". We booked rooms that were suppose to have a refrigerator and a microwave in each room but I had to go to the front desk to request for these amenities. Unlike other Comfort Inns where you can find them in the rooms already. The free breakfast is at the IHOP in the same building. There were two choices for breakfast and we just had to laugh when the 2 pieces of bacon they served were the smallest we have ever seen! It's not what I expected from a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Hello Marabella17,
I'm so sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. However, your valuable comments will be reviewed with my team in an effort to make improvements that will ensure that you are pleased during your next visit to Alexandria.

Ian Harvey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Juneau, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for three nights and were pleasantly surprised. So far this is the best Comfort Inn we ever stayed in. This is our long road trip on both West and East coasts, and third Comfort Inn, but this one exceeds others by far. In fact, just a few days before, we stayed at Hilton LAX, and we couldn't find any differences in comparing the two, except for the price. This hotel provides excellent service for much less money. Here are more details about our stay. We stayed in room 303, which is almost at the end of the hallway, so we didn't hear any noise. In fact, we didn't hear any noise from the upstairs (like you can hear in other hotels), though we new all rooms were booked. The room was very clean and the beds extremely comfortable. Internet was fast and free (we didn't get that in Hilton). The pool was very nice and refreshing, especially considering that we hit the heat wave during our stay (not easy for Alaskans!) The only drawback was that there were no towels at the pool, so be prepared to take your room towels with you. Breakfast was free, and not just regular hotel breakfast, but a true IHOP breakfast, since the restaurant was adjacent to the hotel. The hotel is quite far from DC, but they made it really easy with transportation. The shuttle to the metro station goes every half hour during peak time and every hour off peak. Then you can take a blue metro line straight to DC. They made EVERYTHING so convenient! Lots of shops and restaurants around. The best part of this hotel is its staff - welcoming, responsive, helpful, especially Rashid and Nicholas, who spent a lot of time helping us, explaining everything in detail, giving advice on DC tours, etc, etc. I honestly don't remember such pleasant experience in any other hotels that we stayed (and we are big world travelers!) I don't understand other complaints from people, when all you have to do - go to the front desk and TALK to the hotel folks who are so ready to help. I give this place five stars and wish all hotels were like this one. I highly recommend its clean rooms, real COMFORT, and highly professional stuff. Thank you, guys, for making our stay at DC such a pleasant experience! If we ever go to DC again, this will be our place to stay!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Cool_Alaska,
My entire team is soooo happy to read your thorough feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Comfort Inn Landmark. Your words describe our service mission for every guest that we welcome at our Front Desk. We know that we do not have a "perfect hotel" but I can assure you that every member of my team work very hard to create "the perfect experience" with the service we deliver.

Thank you for making the time to compiling this review and sharing with the educated TripAdvisor audience.

We look forward to your next visit on your way back.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We typically don't stay at Comfort Inns but tried this one since we unexpectedly found ourselves having to stay longer in the DC metro area. After searching hotel rates and finding most places booked and also priced at 350+, we took a chance on this location. It's not terrible, but it's not up to the standard of a Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn. It seemed clean on the surface but upon closer inspection it was easy to notice the wear and tear on the place. We also made the supervisory manager aware of a situation regarding some items we found in our room as soon as we found them. He apologized and said he would get back to me about it. That didn't happen. When we checked out my husband talked to the hotel manager, and he said he had heard about it, he spoke to housekeeping about it, and he was sorry. However, he did not seem overly concerned about it. Overall, we did not feel entirely comfortable with our room (especially after the discovery) or the area it was located in. We should have opted to stay further away from DC in another hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear CC from Albuquerque, New Mexico,
Please forgive me for not clearly understanding your resolution expectation in this matter. We certainly value you as a customer and more so when you take the time to share your experience with us. I sincerely thank you for providing the feedback and want to assure you that our team took immediate action in addressing the matter. We know that our inspection team will improve as a result.

Thank you.

Regards

General manager
Twin Lakes, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel and I have to say the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. The person who checked us in (Mathaba) was very friendly not only to us but other customers. She is a very personable employee. Rooms were clean and the IHOP restaurant is attached to this hotel. You don't have to go outside to go to their restaurant which is open 24 hours a day. Instead of a continental breakfast at the hotel, they give you coupons for the IHOP and you get a nice hot breakfast. We definitely would stay at this hotel when in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Queen13,
I am very pleased to learn of the services received at the Comfort Inn Landmark that exceeded your expectations. We are very proud of Mathaba and her co-workers at the desk who deliver the desired service level that you mentioned. Our entire service team clearly understands that we are in business to serve and it is always great when we receive confirmation of our training efforts.

We look forward to serving you when you return to the DC area.

New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stay in many many hotels in the course of a year and have stayed in this hotel the many times the last 3 years on ocassion due to my compay getting me a room there not through my choice. The Parking is HORRIBLE ! Several times I called the front desk only to be put on hold over 10 minutes, the next time I called they again asked me to hold and I said NO ! and was told I would be and then he did. I finally went down stairs to talk live to the desk clerk and told him I didn't apprecciate being put on hold and forgotten and he said he was busy ? HMM doing what ? I asked for a wake up call but alas I never got it. Given the choice I would NEVER stay at this hotel. The internet is of poor quality and very difficult to sign on the desk clerk told me to come to the lobby to use the internet. Why would I bring my own laptop to my room if I wanted to use the lobby ? My computer work is private and not for anybody in the lobby to look atand I want to be comfortable in my room.. I complained to the manager but all he said was he would look into it the same thing every time I stay here. Granted the prices are fair but you get what you pay for

Room Tip: pick another hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jim A,
Thanks so much for taking the time to share details of your experience staying with us on your last visit to Alexandria. I apologize on behalf of my entire team for failing to meet your expectations in every way. We have met with my Front Desk team to review procedures in an effort to eliminate the challenges you mentioned. I am happy to report that the resurfacing/restriping project in the parking lot was finally completed yesterday.
We view every guest feedback as valuable tools that aid us in improving our ability to meet every guest expectations so I thank you for sharing your experience. I hope you will give us a 2nd chance to exceed your expectations on your next visit to the DC area.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I actually booked a room at the days inn because of cheap price at the time. When I got there the front desk agent was really rude and unprofessional. I should have known I also paid for cheap service also.I was tired from traveling from philly and even misplaced some items. Next door was a Comfort Inn so I decided to go there. Upon my arrival I was greeted by Mathaba who at the time was helping a customer check in. When it was my turn I was happy knowing I was in the right hands. The quality of service was exceptional as the quality of the hotel from days inn. If Mathaba is there please be assured you will be taken cared of. Also thanks again.

• Stayed April 2014
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear ckwilson0160,
Thanks so much for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback about your recent stay at Comfort Inn Landmark. I am pleased to learn that Mathaba handled your arrival process above your expectations and I will ensure that she's aware of your feedback.

We look forward to your next visit to the Washington, DC/Alexandria area.

Lewisville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We were in Alexandria for the birth of our twin grandsons who decided to arrive before our reservation began. However, Nick, Rashid and other staff members were very accommodating and helped us with adjusting our reservations to fit the dates we actually would be in Alexandria. Then I stayed longer to help with the babies and had to change/adjust dates yet again. Each time, the staff, especially Nick and Rashid, were more helpful than we could believe. They worked with us to make sure we had accommodations for the times we needed and that we were comfortable throughout our stay.
An added benefit: the breakfast is at IHOP which is attached to the hotel. Guests are given vouchers with 2 options from which to choose.
Overall, I cannot be complimentary enough about the Comfort Inn Landmark. The people, the accommodations, and the amenities are outstanding. We will be booking another stay in a couple of weeks.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a refrigerator and microwave. It is my understanding that all rooms do not have t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Hello JPWillard,
Our entire team is grateful for your summary of your experience during your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Landmark. As you clearly stated, Nick and Rashid are hospitality professionals who understands that our customers are the reason we are in business and meeting and exceeding your expectations is the focal point of our daily operation.

I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and the traveling audience at TripAdvisor and we look forward to your return visit.

Ian Harvey

Been to Comfort Inn Landmark? Share your experiences!