“Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Twin Lakes, Colorado
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel and I have to say the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. The person who checked us in (Mathaba) was very friendly not only to us but other customers. She is a very personable employee. Rooms were clean and the IHOP restaurant is attached to this hotel. You don't have to go outside to go to their restaurant which is open 24 hours a day. Instead of a continental breakfast at the hotel, they give you coupons for the IHOP and you get a nice hot breakfast. We definitely would stay at this hotel when in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Queen13,
I am very pleased to learn of the services received at the Comfort Inn Landmark that exceeded your expectations. We are very proud of Mathaba and her co-workers at the desk who deliver the desired service level that you mentioned. Our entire service team clearly understands that we are in business to serve and it is always great when we receive confirmation of our training efforts.

We look forward to serving you when you return to the DC area.

Ian Harvey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stay in many many hotels in the course of a year and have stayed in this hotel the many times the last 3 years on ocassion due to my compay getting me a room there not through my choice. The Parking is HORRIBLE ! Several times I called the front desk only to be put on hold over 10 minutes, the next time I called they again asked me to hold and I said NO ! and was told I would be and then he did. I finally went down stairs to talk live to the desk clerk and told him I didn't apprecciate being put on hold and forgotten and he said he was busy ? HMM doing what ? I asked for a wake up call but alas I never got it. Given the choice I would NEVER stay at this hotel. The internet is of poor quality and very difficult to sign on the desk clerk told me to come to the lobby to use the internet. Why would I bring my own laptop to my room if I wanted to use the lobby ? My computer work is private and not for anybody in the lobby to look atand I want to be comfortable in my room.. I complained to the manager but all he said was he would look into it the same thing every time I stay here. Granted the prices are fair but you get what you pay for

Room Tip: pick another hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jim A,
Thanks so much for taking the time to share details of your experience staying with us on your last visit to Alexandria. I apologize on behalf of my entire team for failing to meet your expectations in every way. We have met with my Front Desk team to review procedures in an effort to eliminate the challenges you mentioned. I am happy to report that the resurfacing/restriping project in the parking lot was finally completed yesterday.
We view every guest feedback as valuable tools that aid us in improving our ability to meet every guest expectations so I thank you for sharing your experience. I hope you will give us a 2nd chance to exceed your expectations on your next visit to the DC area.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I actually booked a room at the days inn because of cheap price at the time. When I got there the front desk agent was really rude and unprofessional. I should have known I also paid for cheap service also.I was tired from traveling from philly and even misplaced some items. Next door was a Comfort Inn so I decided to go there. Upon my arrival I was greeted by Mathaba who at the time was helping a customer check in. When it was my turn I was happy knowing I was in the right hands. The quality of service was exceptional as the quality of the hotel from days inn. If Mathaba is there please be assured you will be taken cared of. Also thanks again.

• Stayed April 2014
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear ckwilson0160,
Thanks so much for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback about your recent stay at Comfort Inn Landmark. I am pleased to learn that Mathaba handled your arrival process above your expectations and I will ensure that she's aware of your feedback.

We look forward to your next visit to the Washington, DC/Alexandria area.

Lewisville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We were in Alexandria for the birth of our twin grandsons who decided to arrive before our reservation began. However, Nick, Rashid and other staff members were very accommodating and helped us with adjusting our reservations to fit the dates we actually would be in Alexandria. Then I stayed longer to help with the babies and had to change/adjust dates yet again. Each time, the staff, especially Nick and Rashid, were more helpful than we could believe. They worked with us to make sure we had accommodations for the times we needed and that we were comfortable throughout our stay.
An added benefit: the breakfast is at IHOP which is attached to the hotel. Guests are given vouchers with 2 options from which to choose.
Overall, I cannot be complimentary enough about the Comfort Inn Landmark. The people, the accommodations, and the amenities are outstanding. We will be booking another stay in a couple of weeks.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a refrigerator and microwave. It is my understanding that all rooms do not have t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Hello JPWillard,
Our entire team is grateful for your summary of your experience during your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Landmark. As you clearly stated, Nick and Rashid are hospitality professionals who understands that our customers are the reason we are in business and meeting and exceeding your expectations is the focal point of our daily operation.

I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and the traveling audience at TripAdvisor and we look forward to your return visit.

Lexington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Had a Great stay here after very bad experience at Comfort Inn on VanDorn St,Alexandria. Staff very accomadating and ready to assist. Very friendly and recognized me as Diamond Elite member and did everything to make my stay comfortable. I am a traveling nurse and travel every week. Will be in this area on and oiff thoughout summer and will always stay here when I am in area. Staff makes all the difference when you travel all the time. Also very neat area for families and vacation.
Great Job to staff!!! :)

Room Tip: All rooms seem nice and IHOP right on premeises.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Hello Denise O,
Thanks so much for sharing your feedback about your recent experience while staying at the Comfort Inn Landmark. Sorry to learn of your disappointment with service at another property in our city but I'm very pleased that my team was able to make the desired service recovery.

Please stop by and see us when your travel plans brings you back to Alexandria and please continue to recommend us to friends, family, and business associates. I can assure you that the service you experience is consistent and genuine.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

People are so nice.. Mathaba at her lady sup were courteous & made it so easy for check-in as we came on the wrong date. Or shld i say booked the date wrong. Ihop is at the side, Kamaria greeted us with a nice smile & we had a tummy filling breakfast! Thanks guys for a great weekend!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Layasan,
Thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Comfort Inn Landmark with our valued Trip advisor travel community. Your feedback confirms that our efforts to cultivate a service culture that is authentic, empathetic, and genuine starts on the very first day of training. Our service delivery team will be happy to learn that you're confirming the impact of our training program.

We look forward to serving you upon your next visit to the area.

General manager
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Great Place to stay. Very Clean. Well Maintained. Great Beds. Internet Service Works Great. Never a problem. Near the may Interstate highway to downtown DC. Close to nice Korean Restaurant with Gas Burners on every table for grilling meat dishes. Sushi Bar that is just outstanding. GREAT VALUE.

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the place.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ed C,
Thanks so much for sharing your experience at the Comfort Inn Landmark with the Trip Advisor travel community. As you clearly stated, our team has been working deligently in delivering service at or above our guests' expectations. This is above and beyond our owner's commitment to recent upgrades to the property that former guests requested and can now be seen in our recently uploaded photographs.

We look forward to your next visit when you return to the area.

Ian Harvey

Been to Comfort Inn Landmark? Share your experiences!