“Exceptional Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Exceptional Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

I actually booked a room at the days inn because of cheap price at the time. When I got there the front desk agent was really rude and unprofessional. I should have known I also paid for cheap service also.I was tired from traveling from philly and even misplaced some items. Next door was a Comfort Inn so I decided to go there. Upon my arrival I was greeted by Mathaba who at the time was helping a customer check in. When it was my turn I was happy knowing I was in the right hands. The quality of service was exceptional as the quality of the hotel from days inn. If Mathaba is there please be assured you will be taken cared of. Also thanks again.

• Stayed April 2014
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear ckwilson0160,
Thanks so much for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback about your recent stay at Comfort Inn Landmark. I am pleased to learn that Mathaba handled your arrival process above your expectations and I will ensure that she's aware of your feedback.

We look forward to your next visit to the Washington, DC/Alexandria area.

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lewisville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were in Alexandria for the birth of our twin grandsons who decided to arrive before our reservation began. However, Nick, Rashid and other staff members were very accommodating and helped us with adjusting our reservations to fit the dates we actually would be in Alexandria. Then I stayed longer to help with the babies and had to change/adjust dates yet again. Each time, the staff, especially Nick and Rashid, were more helpful than we could believe. They worked with us to make sure we had accommodations for the times we needed and that we were comfortable throughout our stay.
An added benefit: the breakfast is at IHOP which is attached to the hotel. Guests are given vouchers with 2 options from which to choose.
Overall, I cannot be complimentary enough about the Comfort Inn Landmark. The people, the accommodations, and the amenities are outstanding. We will be booking another stay in a couple of weeks.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a refrigerator and microwave. It is my understanding that all rooms do not have t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello JPWillard,
Our entire team is grateful for your summary of your experience during your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Landmark. As you clearly stated, Nick and Rashid are hospitality professionals who understands that our customers are the reason we are in business and meeting and exceeding your expectations is the focal point of our daily operation.

I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and the traveling audience at TripAdvisor and we look forward to your return visit.

Lexington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a Great stay here after very bad experience at Comfort Inn on VanDorn St,Alexandria. Staff very accomadating and ready to assist. Very friendly and recognized me as Diamond Elite member and did everything to make my stay comfortable. I am a traveling nurse and travel every week. Will be in this area on and oiff thoughout summer and will always stay here when I am in area. Staff makes all the difference when you travel all the time. Also very neat area for families and vacation.
Great Job to staff!!! :)

Room Tip: All rooms seem nice and IHOP right on premeises.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hello Denise O,
Thanks so much for sharing your feedback about your recent experience while staying at the Comfort Inn Landmark. Sorry to learn of your disappointment with service at another property in our city but I'm very pleased that my team was able to make the desired service recovery.

Please stop by and see us when your travel plans brings you back to Alexandria and please continue to recommend us to friends, family, and business associates. I can assure you that the service you experience is consistent and genuine.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

People are so nice.. Mathaba at her lady sup were courteous & made it so easy for check-in as we came on the wrong date. Or shld i say booked the date wrong. Ihop is at the side, Kamaria greeted us with a nice smile & we had a tummy filling breakfast! Thanks guys for a great weekend!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Layasan,
Thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Comfort Inn Landmark with our valued Trip advisor travel community. Your feedback confirms that our efforts to cultivate a service culture that is authentic, empathetic, and genuine starts on the very first day of training. Our service delivery team will be happy to learn that you're confirming the impact of our training program.

We look forward to serving you upon your next visit to the area.

General manager
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great Place to stay. Very Clean. Well Maintained. Great Beds. Internet Service Works Great. Never a problem. Near the may Interstate highway to downtown DC. Close to nice Korean Restaurant with Gas Burners on every table for grilling meat dishes. Sushi Bar that is just outstanding. GREAT VALUE.

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the place.
Dear Ed C,
Thanks so much for sharing your experience at the Comfort Inn Landmark with the Trip Advisor travel community. As you clearly stated, our team has been working deligently in delivering service at or above our guests' expectations. This is above and beyond our owner's commitment to recent upgrades to the property that former guests requested and can now be seen in our recently uploaded photographs.

We look forward to your next visit when you return to the area.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I cannot recommend this hotel enough. For me what makes a hotel stand out is the customer service. The staff here are excellent. Nick Burke and Rashid Maududi went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and welcome. It was truly a home away from home. Everything else was in great condition and met all required standards. Very lucky to get people this great. I highly congratulate management of this hotel on such great staff. Well D

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hello Dev G,
Thanks so much for making the time to share your feedback with us and the traveling public. We are certainly happy to get your confirmation that our efforts to provide you with service that exceeds your expectations are paying off. We are very proud of our staff and their commitment to making you feel like this is your home away from home.
Please come back and see us whenever your travel plans brings you back to Alexandria and the DC area.

Omaha, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

My room is very nice, clean, and comfortable, including the bed. And it's super quiet here. I get a free breakfast from IHOP each morning compliments of the hotel. The employees are terrific, very helpful. Overall, I'm happy here. The elevators turned me off though: they're slow, have broken lights, and are covered with wire brush marks from vandals. At first I thought the neighborhood wasn't safe, but I've had no security problems whatsoever during my stay, and I've been out in the parking lot many times at night. My only other complaint is about the quality of the paper products - they seem to buy cheap toilet paper and Kleenex. For the price, I'll stay here again. I believe this hotel is far superior to the other budget hotels.

Room Tip: IHOP side might have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hello Jane S.,
Thanks so much for taking the time to compile this response/feedback. I'm pleased to report that we've been delegently working with our WIFI vendor to correct the service interruption issues and they are in the process of replacing a piece of equipment today which should remedy the issue. I am pleased that our other services and facilities met and exceeded your expectations.

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Alexandria.

Ian Harvey

Been to Comfort Inn Landmark? Share your experiences!