“Good Service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Good Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I travel for business and the location of this property was ideal. The staff was very nice and friendly as I checked in a few hours later than expected due to flight issues. The breakfast from IHOP was good and cooked to order.I was unable to use the shuttle this time due to my meeting times but it is a great service when traveling on a budget.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Tracy G,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice comment about your stay with us at the Comfort Inn Landmark! I am so happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our brand new offering of a full I-Hop breakfast with your room. We have so many exciting new updates going on this year including a new guest laundry, market, new warm and relaxing lobby, new carpeting along with the new I-Hop breakfast! We look forward to your next visit. :)

Thank you again and we all hope you have a fabulous winter season.

Laura Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Newfield, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The entire 1st floor corridor smelled extremely bad, I took the stairs to avoid nausea & vomiting from the smell. The terrible smell crept into the room. While at the desk to check out, I overheard some other people complaining about the smell on the 3rd floor as well.
I have NEVER had any hotel charge me a deposit even when there has been a mini bar. The clerk told me that an additional $100 would be charged to my credit card and be returned to me in 3-8 business days after check out. My receipt does not show this transaction but the amount of my room plus $100 has been charged to my account.
The elevators were very slow if they even worked at all. The heavy sliding doors in bathroom were difficult to move and unsafe for children. Fortunately, none of my children got there hands injured by the door.
I suspect that this hotel is frequented by unsavory characters and did not always feel safe, especially when you see police cars cruising through the parking lot.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Melissa R,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am truly sorry you had to experience the floor that was effected by the water main break. I wanted to let you know the problem was resolved and the good news is we are replacing the carpet and vinyl on all corridor floors among other updates including new bedding package, new guest laundry, new market and brand new beautiful lobby. I truly hope you'll give us another chance and please feel free to contact me personally if you have any questions.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again very soon.

Raleigh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for the better part of 3 months. I stay here because of the customer service I have received from the staff. High marks are given to Erica and Nick in particular, they have absolutely gone out of their way to help a road weary traveler in a time of need. When you spend the best part of 20 years traveling from hotel to hotel, what you like to find are rooms that are clean, and people that become your family when you can't be with yours. You will find it here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Steve B!!

Thank you so very much for taking the time to put your experience down in this review. We have truly enjoyed having you as our guest for the past several months. You have been a lot of fun for the staff to chat with and you're right, you've become family here! We all look forward to your visit. Thank you for acknowledging the team members you mentioned. They were so proud and I was proud of them. :)

Thank you again and we'll see you soon!

Best Regards,

Nacogdoches, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our family was on a vacation to Washington. We wanted to stay close but not in DC. Not knowing the area, I relied on hotel reviews. I read reviews for this hotel from recent stays and for the most part everything sounded okay. For our stay, the staff was nice, the shuttle was very convenient and my family enjoyed the meal at IHOP connected to the hotel. For the price, the room was fine. The problem is the area where the hotel is located is less than desirable. I would not recommend walking around at night. As I stated before, the hotel was okay and the staff was nice. I just don't want someone else driving up to the hotel not knowing about the surroundings like my family did.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Cindy W.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us at the Comfort Inn Landmark. I'm happy to hear we were able to satisfy your budget needs and deliver the service you expect with the Choice brand. I'm sorry to hear you didn't feel comfortable with the area, I would like to speak with you about this to see if there was something specific I am able to address. If you have a free minute please contact me, for your time, I would like to purchase you some choice points. Anything I can do to make your next stay an enjoyable one would be an honor.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us at the Comfort Inn Landmark and I hope you and your family have a fabulous summer!

At Your Service,

dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We recently had to go to D.C. for business but we didn't want to spend too much on lodging. This seemed to fit the bill. The hotel was good and also the service. The only bad part is that you have to wait a long time to catch the van that takes you to the subway. Especially coming back from the subway you have a long wait for the van. It seemed that all the other hotels vans came twice before ours. You can also take a taxi from the station, but it is still a good 15-20 min, so be prepared to pay about $20. If you have a flexible schedule this is a good deal. Next time we will get something closer to the city.

• Stayed July 2013
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear TandpDallas,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave a comment about your experience with us at the Comfort Inn Landmark. It truly means a lot to us. Although we are only 7 miles from the city, I completely understand why you wish you could have abeen a bit closer, but we were happy to have had the pleasure to serve you all as our guest. :-)

We hope to see you all again in the future... Thank you again and we all hope you and your family and friends have a fun and safe summer...

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I'm a regular at the Landmark Comfort Inn. Nice quiet, clean, comfortable beds. Staff is always very friendly and helpful. I have tried other places in the area, but this is the best place for me --
TRY IT YOU'LL LIKE IT.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
MR C!!!

WOW! We feel so honored you also took the time to share your experiences with us! Of course we love all of our guests but we love our regulars like family and can say with certainty... You truly make a difference herre! Thank you... :)

Thank you again for sharing your experience with all of our future guests and We will see you SOON!!! :-) Have a fabulous week!!!

Warm Regards,

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My son and I had a nice stay at the hotel. The staff was especially friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and the price was very reasonable. I would stay at this hotel again. The attached IHOP restauraunt was especially convenient and an international grocery store in the plaza next door was a lot of fun!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Dan V,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. :) I am so happy to hear you and your son had so much fun and made for some great memories. I have shared your fantastic review on our Guest Speaks board with Stars! They love it! I hope you had a safe and fun trip back and we hope to see you again soon! Have a great summer...

Laura Lee

Been to Comfort Inn Landmark? Share your experiences!