“Family on the road.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
Raleigh
“Family on the road.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for the better part of 3 months. I stay here because of the customer service I have received from the staff. High marks are given to Erica and Nick in particular, they have absolutely gone out of their way to help a road weary traveler in a time of need. When you spend the best part of 20 years traveling from hotel to hotel, what you like to find are rooms that are clean, and people that become your family when you can't be with yours. You will find it here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Steve B!!

Thank you so very much for taking the time to put your experience down in this review. We have truly enjoyed having you as our guest for the past several months. You have been a lot of fun for the staff to chat with and you're right, you've become family here! We all look forward to your visit. Thank you for acknowledging the team members you mentioned. They were so proud and I was proud of them. :)

Thank you again and we'll see you soon!

Best Regards,

Laura Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Nacogdoches, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our family was on a vacation to Washington. We wanted to stay close but not in DC. Not knowing the area, I relied on hotel reviews. I read reviews for this hotel from recent stays and for the most part everything sounded okay. For our stay, the staff was nice, the shuttle was very convenient and my family enjoyed the meal at IHOP connected to the hotel. For the price, the room was fine. The problem is the area where the hotel is located is less than desirable. I would not recommend walking around at night. As I stated before, the hotel was okay and the staff was nice. I just don't want someone else driving up to the hotel not knowing about the surroundings like my family did.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Cindy W.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us at the Comfort Inn Landmark. I'm happy to hear we were able to satisfy your budget needs and deliver the service you expect with the Choice brand. I'm sorry to hear you didn't feel comfortable with the area, I would like to speak with you about this to see if there was something specific I am able to address. If you have a free minute please contact me, for your time, I would like to purchase you some choice points. Anything I can do to make your next stay an enjoyable one would be an honor.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us at the Comfort Inn Landmark and I hope you and your family have a fabulous summer!

At Your Service,

dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We recently had to go to D.C. for business but we didn't want to spend too much on lodging. This seemed to fit the bill. The hotel was good and also the service. The only bad part is that you have to wait a long time to catch the van that takes you to the subway. Especially coming back from the subway you have a long wait for the van. It seemed that all the other hotels vans came twice before ours. You can also take a taxi from the station, but it is still a good 15-20 min, so be prepared to pay about $20. If you have a flexible schedule this is a good deal. Next time we will get something closer to the city.

• Stayed July 2013
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear TandpDallas,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave a comment about your experience with us at the Comfort Inn Landmark. It truly means a lot to us. Although we are only 7 miles from the city, I completely understand why you wish you could have abeen a bit closer, but we were happy to have had the pleasure to serve you all as our guest. :-)

We hope to see you all again in the future... Thank you again and we all hope you and your family and friends have a fun and safe summer...

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I'm a regular at the Landmark Comfort Inn. Nice quiet, clean, comfortable beds. Staff is always very friendly and helpful. I have tried other places in the area, but this is the best place for me --
TRY IT YOU'LL LIKE IT.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
MR C!!!

WOW! We feel so honored you also took the time to share your experiences with us! Of course we love all of our guests but we love our regulars like family and can say with certainty... You truly make a difference herre! Thank you... :)

Thank you again for sharing your experience with all of our future guests and We will see you SOON!!! :-) Have a fabulous week!!!

Warm Regards,

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My son and I had a nice stay at the hotel. The staff was especially friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and the price was very reasonable. I would stay at this hotel again. The attached IHOP restauraunt was especially convenient and an international grocery store in the plaza next door was a lot of fun!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Dan V,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. :) I am so happy to hear you and your son had so much fun and made for some great memories. I have shared your fantastic review on our Guest Speaks board with Stars! They love it! I hope you had a safe and fun trip back and we hope to see you again soon! Have a great summer...

Greensburg, Pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Recently stayed at this location 4 consecutive weeks. The first week of check in I asked clerk if my rate Qualified for Choice Priveleges points and was told YES. On the second week of check in I asked another clerk the same thing and once again was told YES. During the second week I reviewed my Choice account only to find no points applied to my account. Went to the Missing Points section and did an inquiry......No response! Went to front desk to inquire and was told "Sure you will get points,I don"t know why you wouldnt." A few days later realized no points still applied to my account so I sent another inquiry in the Missing Points section only to get No Response AGAIN! After my check in on my 4th week of staying I called customer service and was told after they talked with hotel that my stays do not qualify because of the rate I was paying????????? This was known upon the first week check in. Seems as though they are trying to avoid applying my points. My reservations and payment method are the same at other Choice locations and my membership is honored there (39 times this year alreadyto be exact) Considering I was registered for the "Stay 2 Nites Get a $50 Gift card. My stays would have qualified for 2 cards totalling $100, in addition to all of the accumulated points. Obviously by not returning my messages they tried to avoid the issue..Why was I told 3 times I qualified? Real poor way of doing business.
Dave Eckenrode

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Eckenrode,

I'm so sorry you may have been misinformed of the contract your company has with the lodging company that pays for your room. Your rate is a direct bill meaning your company pays for the room and has negotiated a lower rate for which they pay and unfortunately any Choice rate that falls more than 20% under the rack or base rate does not qualify. This information is clearly spelled out in the contract with the company that pays the bill, as well as the rules and information through your Choice membership. We do however have a couple of new Front Desk Agents that may not be fully aware of all the details of the CP card, I apologize and thank you for bringing this to my attention, I have discussed this with them and also added it to our orientation program. I'm afraid the number you might have dialed is to the Choice membership help desk, I'm so sorry no one was able to contact you back, please feel free to contact me at the hotel if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to assist.

Thank you for staying with us, I hope the rest of your stay was a great one. We hope to see you again sometime in the future.

Best Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Being a choice member, I have stayed at many of these locations and this one will definitely be on top of my list. The price was reasonable, the staff was friendly/helpful, and the rooms were very clean. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed June 2013
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear FC,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay with us! It truly means a lot to me and the entire staff! I have posted your comment to our "Guest Speaks" bulletin board for the entire staff to see. We Love our Choice Members! I know you can choose to stay anywhere, so Thank you for choosing to stay with us! Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!! Have a fun summer!!

Laura Lee

Been to Comfort Inn Landmark? Share your experiences!