“"Please don't stop if you are in the area-Horrible"” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
R
“"Please don't stop if you are in the area-Horrible"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed ther recently and it was a NIGHTMARE!!! Low price tag but STAFF/GM "Laura Lee" customer serivce skills stink!!!! Day#1 Phone/refrigerator does not work Day#2 No water pipes burst No hot water. Guest were not notified water was off until you decided to use the water(NO notice to the guest) Laura Lee,GM told staff to tell the guest who asked to see her she does not have time to see them. But she actually came out of her office looked at the guest no type of ackowledgement or response to the guest and then went back into her office. When asked staff member(s) who the owner is of this franchise, GM only told her staff to contact Choice Hotel customer relations and they do not know the owners name???? Come on now! Also check in paperwork was forged by someone else (Staff) not by the guest or guest initials and that was totally ignored when questioned. Last I remember Forgery is a crime!! Laura needs customer service training ASAP along with the Do's and the Don'ts of how to handle situations thatmay occur . By the way the guest that complained thru Choice Hotel was put out and told their reservations were wrong and it was nothing they can do about it!!!!!! Guest confirmation showed correct departure day leaving a day later but because guest complained about Laura Lee she decides , Oh we have a full house and no room for you today. You have to LEAVE by checkout 12:00 noon because your confirmation showed today!!!!! GM wouldnot look at confirmation and had already booked the room the guest were in. Mistake if you stay at Comfort Inn-Landmark on Duke Street!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

I apologize your stay did not meet your expectations. When you arrived, my front desk agent was checking in a guest however you were the only other person in the lobby and unfortunately when you demanded to have "whoever" was in the office to come out "right now" to check you in, the GM was on the phone with the Tour Director/Leader of an 85 room expected group arrival who would be arriving within the hour and it was already 8pm. We apologize for not being able to assist you immediately. She explained this to the agent and said she would be happy to check you in as soon as she was finished with the call.

You'll be happy to know we checked the Micro/Fridge and it is in good working order. I apologize if it wasn't working for you that night you stayed.

I'm also very happy to inform you that no one signed your registration card, you were the only signature on the original registration card, the copy you were referring to was only a copy initialed by the front desk agent as a duplicate, not forged as stated. The reason it was printed was because they had upgraded you to the King Micro/Fridge room as the State Construction Crew rate you had didn't qualify so they had to print the copy for the room change made in the system.

I also wanted to clear up your confusion to giving out the number to Choice, we gave you the number to Choice because the dates you stated you had booked were nowhere in our system as the GM and the Front Desk agent looked for over a half hour so we called Choice and they also confirmed they did not show anything that stated the dates you said you had and as we explained we were sold out, Choice felt since you made the reservation online and they were unable to find it and would be happy to speak with you to explain.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback and I apologize again for any misunderstanding. I hope this helps to clear up any confusion.

Have a fun and safe summer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Millerstown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We have been made so welcome at this hotel. The manager personnally welcomed us to the hotel when we arrived and gave us so much great information about the metro and what we should see and what we should not waste our time on. The shuttle to and from the Metro is a plus at least with us. The shuttle driver back to the hotel was funny and of course we had her laughing. We met the Director of Sales and spent time talking with her. We are familiar with the area and know some good wineries and of course recommend a few to her. The lady in the cafe was so very nice also and we spent time talking with her.. How could you not like this place. We will definately recommend this to our friends and family who might want to stay here in the future. This is one of the most friendly motels that we've been at.

Room Tip: We did not use the fitness center or room service, so could not say anything about that, but I'm...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Joantnan,

First I'd like to thank you for taking the time to put your experience with us in writing on TripAdvisor. It truly made my and the team's day. It was such a pleasure talking with you and helping you guys navigate our city. I know how it is when you go to a big exciting city with so much to do and so little time to see everything. :-) I am so happy to hear your trip was fun.

I hope we'll get to see you guys again soon! I believe you mentioned you'd be back when we were talking. Please let me know when you're planning that trip... I would like to make sure we upgrade you on your next stay. Thank you again for your wonderful recommendation and we all hope you and your family have a fun and safe summer.

Fairmont, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Our room was clean. The desk staff, especially a young lady named Ericka,and a young man Osman, were the most polite, helpful young people I have experienced at a hotel/motel in a very long time. She went out of her way to help us with directions since we were not use to the area. Our room was well supplied and we had no problems whatsoever....would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear WVMTN...

Thank you so very much for taking the time to comment regarding your stay with us at the Comfort Inn Landmark! It's always nice to hear from our valuable guests who speak so highly of the team members! I have shared your fantastic comments with both members and they were so proud as was I! Thank you! That meant a lot to them. :)

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here recently for a work trip. DC and Alexandria hotels are generally pricey around this time so I was trying to find a decent place close to everything without incurring the huge price tag. I found the Comfort Inn on the Choice Hotel website for a solid price. Im familiar with the area and knew where it would be also expecting to get what I paid for. This was 100% accurate. Upon Check-In the Clerk looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there. Not friendly at all and almost as if I was bothering him, to spend my money and stay and his hotel.. Crazy right?!? Many hotels have given there lobby a facelift to express to guests that the place may be half way decent.. Well this place just screamed it wouldnt be decent by looking at the lobby. After getting my 90's style hotel room key, I made my way to 1 of the 2 elevators- lights were out and scratches of graffiti filled the elevator doors- once I made it to my floor the hallway carpet was in disrepair and the hotel just felt and smelled old and funky. One thing I was surprised at was how the room was (which was key) the room was spacious and comparatively clean compared to everything else I encountered. The in room wireless internet did not work though.Its apparent this hotel is either managed by people who don't care much for there work and product and if I was Choice Hotels Group I would go and check this property out to get them back on track as it is currently making the brand..everything we have come to suspect with most of there entities. Stay here if you on a budget and like IHOP there is one connected to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Bfree7,

I am very are disappointed to learn that so many aspects of your stay were uninspiring and we fell short of your expectations as it's our goal to do all that we can to ensure our guests have a delightful experience, Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced, I am looking into your comments to correct the issues with the management team for our current and future guests.

I would appreciate if you could contact me directly, I would be happy to discuss your stay further in hopes to regain your faith in our property.

Best Regards,

Canton, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a few times now (when my other choice in the area is booked out). This hotel is aged in many areas,, such as the paint and carpet. But that shouldn't hold you back from staying here. I have found that they really work at keeping it clean and in good repair. The staff has always been accommodating and friendly. One negative that I do have is that while they offer 3 Showtime channels, the channel selection is very limited. As with most hotels, the Internet speed drops off with more usage from guests. However the coverage through out the hotel is very good. There is an IHOP located on premises and because of this, they don't have the standard breakfast that most hotels do. They do give you a discount ticket to use, but often, my schedule prevents me from taking time to sit down for an ordered meal in the morning.

In summary, you could probably do better, but you could definitely do worse.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Ghosthiker,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to comment regarding your stay with us at the Comfort Inn Landmark! It's always nice to hear from a returning guest. That means a lot to us. :) I want to let you know we're listening... I have reached out to our satelite company to see what we can do about adding more channels as well as looking into boosting our internet bandwidth.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is to inform. My Internet connection was out until 11:30 PM. I spoke to their trouble shooting adviser on several occasions in return no results. Moreover, upon speaking with the front desk clerk in reference to the matter I noticed that my phone was not working and again no results. In addition, my coffee pot had soap in it, kids clothing and toy under my bed, the bathtub was not clean, I then asked for cleaning supplies and again no results. Furthermore, after waiting for approximately 5 minutes at the front desk I noticed that the clerk was at Ihop getting breakfast. Then, he came and gave me the information I requested then I proceeded to the elevators. Again, the elevators was not working. I proceeded to go back to the front desk to speak to the clerk again. Upon arrival the original clerk was no longer there. Therefore, I spoke to a man and asked hlm where was the stairs. He nodded his head in the direction where the stairs could be. Nevertheless, this was my first time at this location and I couldn't understand what the nod actually represented. That is when the man yelled out to the front clerk. In return he approached the desk with food in his mouth. I then asked the clerk about the location of the stairs and then a customer advised me that their was a trick to operating the elevator. Last but not least the shuttle bus was over an hour and half late. I spoke to the manager about the situation and again no results. Inclusion, this experience he's been the worst and I request a refund in full.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Briana W,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this review as well as speaking with me before you checked out. I truly apologize again for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I want to assure you the areas you expressed at check out were addressed and taken care of. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and I apologize again that we failed to meet your needs while you were here. If you're ever back in the area I hope you'll consider staying with us again. Please contact me personally so I can extend a discount on your stay.

Always At Your Service,

Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

A $1.50 Safe w/ltd Warranty was assessed on my bill from this hotel. Although the charge has been removed from the bill by the hotel within the past 6 months, and by other Comfort Inn Hotels as recent as last week, the staff at the Landmark refused to remove the charge.

This charge is a bogus, bait and switch addition to the agreed upon room rate. The charge can not be expenced as part of my business trip. As such, the charge is considered entertainment. I do not enjoy this type of entertainment.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear JamesH,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this review. I truly apologize that our $1.50 safe fee has inconvenienced you. The fee assessed is not a bait and switch, it's a fee we are charged from the company that installed and provided the safes as a security feature for all of our guests. I'm glad we were able to remove the $1.50 for you and hope you understand why the fee is on your invoice. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a comment we truly appreciate the feedback. Have a wonderful winter.

Always At Your Service,

Laura Lee

Been to Comfort Inn Landmark? Share your experiences!