“Last Resort stay if your in the area.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #32 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Nashville, Tennessee
“Last Resort stay if your in the area.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here recently for a work trip. DC and Alexandria hotels are generally pricey around this time so I was trying to find a decent place close to everything without incurring the huge price tag. I found the Comfort Inn on the Choice Hotel website for a solid price. Im familiar with the area and knew where it would be also expecting to get what I paid for. This was 100% accurate. Upon Check-In the Clerk looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there. Not friendly at all and almost as if I was bothering him, to spend my money and stay and his hotel.. Crazy right?!? Many hotels have given there lobby a facelift to express to guests that the place may be half way decent.. Well this place just screamed it wouldnt be decent by looking at the lobby. After getting my 90's style hotel room key, I made my way to 1 of the 2 elevators- lights were out and scratches of graffiti filled the elevator doors- once I made it to my floor the hallway carpet was in disrepair and the hotel just felt and smelled old and funky. One thing I was surprised at was how the room was (which was key) the room was spacious and comparatively clean compared to everything else I encountered. The in room wireless internet did not work though.Its apparent this hotel is either managed by people who don't care much for there work and product and if I was Choice Hotels Group I would go and check this property out to get them back on track as it is currently making the brand..everything we have come to suspect with most of there entities. Stay here if you on a budget and like IHOP there is one connected to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Bfree7,

I am very are disappointed to learn that so many aspects of your stay were uninspiring and we fell short of your expectations as it's our goal to do all that we can to ensure our guests have a delightful experience, Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced, I am looking into your comments to correct the issues with the management team for our current and future guests.

I would appreciate if you could contact me directly, I would be happy to discuss your stay further in hopes to regain your faith in our property.

Best Regards,

Laura Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Canton, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a few times now (when my other choice in the area is booked out). This hotel is aged in many areas,, such as the paint and carpet. But that shouldn't hold you back from staying here. I have found that they really work at keeping it clean and in good repair. The staff has always been accommodating and friendly. One negative that I do have is that while they offer 3 Showtime channels, the channel selection is very limited. As with most hotels, the Internet speed drops off with more usage from guests. However the coverage through out the hotel is very good. There is an IHOP located on premises and because of this, they don't have the standard breakfast that most hotels do. They do give you a discount ticket to use, but often, my schedule prevents me from taking time to sit down for an ordered meal in the morning.

In summary, you could probably do better, but you could definitely do worse.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Ghosthiker,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to comment regarding your stay with us at the Comfort Inn Landmark! It's always nice to hear from a returning guest. That means a lot to us. :) I want to let you know we're listening... I have reached out to our satelite company to see what we can do about adding more channels as well as looking into boosting our internet bandwidth.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Warm Regards,

Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is to inform. My Internet connection was out until 11:30 PM. I spoke to their trouble shooting adviser on several occasions in return no results. Moreover, upon speaking with the front desk clerk in reference to the matter I noticed that my phone was not working and again no results. In addition, my coffee pot had soap in it, kids clothing and toy under my bed, the bathtub was not clean, I then asked for cleaning supplies and again no results. Furthermore, after waiting for approximately 5 minutes at the front desk I noticed that the clerk was at Ihop getting breakfast. Then, he came and gave me the information I requested then I proceeded to the elevators. Again, the elevators was not working. I proceeded to go back to the front desk to speak to the clerk again. Upon arrival the original clerk was no longer there. Therefore, I spoke to a man and asked hlm where was the stairs. He nodded his head in the direction where the stairs could be. Nevertheless, this was my first time at this location and I couldn't understand what the nod actually represented. That is when the man yelled out to the front clerk. In return he approached the desk with food in his mouth. I then asked the clerk about the location of the stairs and then a customer advised me that their was a trick to operating the elevator. Last but not least the shuttle bus was over an hour and half late. I spoke to the manager about the situation and again no results. Inclusion, this experience he's been the worst and I request a refund in full.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Briana W,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this review as well as speaking with me before you checked out. I truly apologize again for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I want to assure you the areas you expressed at check out were addressed and taken care of. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and I apologize again that we failed to meet your needs while you were here. If you're ever back in the area I hope you'll consider staying with us again. Please contact me personally so I can extend a discount on your stay.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

A $1.50 Safe w/ltd Warranty was assessed on my bill from this hotel. Although the charge has been removed from the bill by the hotel within the past 6 months, and by other Comfort Inn Hotels as recent as last week, the staff at the Landmark refused to remove the charge.

This charge is a bogus, bait and switch addition to the agreed upon room rate. The charge can not be expenced as part of my business trip. As such, the charge is considered entertainment. I do not enjoy this type of entertainment.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear JamesH,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this review. I truly apologize that our $1.50 safe fee has inconvenienced you. The fee assessed is not a bait and switch, it's a fee we are charged from the company that installed and provided the safes as a security feature for all of our guests. I'm glad we were able to remove the $1.50 for you and hope you understand why the fee is on your invoice. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a comment we truly appreciate the feedback. Have a wonderful winter.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is an older hotel, but as long as you realize that & have realistic expectations, you will find a great value for the cost. The room was clean, bed comfortable and you can turn the heater to fan only to provide white noise. The best feature of this hotel is the free shuttle to the Van Dorn Metro station. That makes touring DC very convenient and cost effective. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear EllenWind,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this review. We were thrilled to have you guys here at the Comfort Inn! I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy your visit to DC as well as Alexandria. Thank you for the recommedation and we truly look forward to having you stay with us again! We hope you enjoy the rest of the year!

Holiday, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Pet friendly. Quite clean. Good access to interstates. Our room faced the interstate interchange and the early morning truck traffic was noisy, as were occupants of another room. Hotel management did try to quite the occupants, and when they could not... compensated us the next morning... though we lost a good bit of sleep with loud tv and slamming doors.

Personnel were polite and professional.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the interstate interchange.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Kerry Holiday,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn Landmark. I'm glad to hear despite the annoyance of traffic and a loud adjoining guest room, that you would come back and see us again. :) Thank you for the compliments I will share them with my team. They will Love to hear it! If you're ever in the DC/Alexandria area again please let me know. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I stay at this hotel whenever we visit the DC/Virgina area, which is maybe 2-3 times a year. We always find it to be fine for the price - not super fancy, but adequate for our needs. The beds are okay (we always choose a king) and we have never had a problem with a dirty room or anything like that in any or our stays. The only thing is make sure you ASK for your coupon for IHOP in the morning for the discount for the breakfast as they do not always just hand them out. But I would recommend this hotel and as I say, we stay here every year.

Room Tip: Ask for your IHOP discount coupon in the morning or you may not get it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Cathy S,

I can't tell you how woncderful it is to read a comment from a loyal guest! First I'd like to Thank You and your Husband for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time out of your busy day to place such a great and informative comment about us to let our future guests know what they can expect when they get here. :-) Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you both again in the future! Have a wonderful fall/winter season.

Laura Lee

Been to Comfort Inn Landmark? Share your experiences!