“Decent, but don't over expect” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #32 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Canton, Georgia
“Decent, but don't over expect”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a few times now (when my other choice in the area is booked out). This hotel is aged in many areas,, such as the paint and carpet. But that shouldn't hold you back from staying here. I have found that they really work at keeping it clean and in good repair. The staff has always been accommodating and friendly. One negative that I do have is that while they offer 3 Showtime channels, the channel selection is very limited. As with most hotels, the Internet speed drops off with more usage from guests. However the coverage through out the hotel is very good. There is an IHOP located on premises and because of this, they don't have the standard breakfast that most hotels do. They do give you a discount ticket to use, but often, my schedule prevents me from taking time to sit down for an ordered meal in the morning.

In summary, you could probably do better, but you could definitely do worse.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Ghosthiker,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to comment regarding your stay with us at the Comfort Inn Landmark! It's always nice to hear from a returning guest. That means a lot to us. :) I want to let you know we're listening... I have reached out to our satelite company to see what we can do about adding more channels as well as looking into boosting our internet bandwidth.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Warm Regards,

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is to inform. My Internet connection was out until 11:30 PM. I spoke to their trouble shooting adviser on several occasions in return no results. Moreover, upon speaking with the front desk clerk in reference to the matter I noticed that my phone was not working and again no results. In addition, my coffee pot had soap in it, kids clothing and toy under my bed, the bathtub was not clean, I then asked for cleaning supplies and again no results. Furthermore, after waiting for approximately 5 minutes at the front desk I noticed that the clerk was at Ihop getting breakfast. Then, he came and gave me the information I requested then I proceeded to the elevators. Again, the elevators was not working. I proceeded to go back to the front desk to speak to the clerk again. Upon arrival the original clerk was no longer there. Therefore, I spoke to a man and asked hlm where was the stairs. He nodded his head in the direction where the stairs could be. Nevertheless, this was my first time at this location and I couldn't understand what the nod actually represented. That is when the man yelled out to the front clerk. In return he approached the desk with food in his mouth. I then asked the clerk about the location of the stairs and then a customer advised me that their was a trick to operating the elevator. Last but not least the shuttle bus was over an hour and half late. I spoke to the manager about the situation and again no results. Inclusion, this experience he's been the worst and I request a refund in full.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Briana W,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this review as well as speaking with me before you checked out. I truly apologize again for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I want to assure you the areas you expressed at check out were addressed and taken care of. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and I apologize again that we failed to meet your needs while you were here. If you're ever back in the area I hope you'll consider staying with us again. Please contact me personally so I can extend a discount on your stay.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

A $1.50 Safe w/ltd Warranty was assessed on my bill from this hotel. Although the charge has been removed from the bill by the hotel within the past 6 months, and by other Comfort Inn Hotels as recent as last week, the staff at the Landmark refused to remove the charge.

This charge is a bogus, bait and switch addition to the agreed upon room rate. The charge can not be expenced as part of my business trip. As such, the charge is considered entertainment. I do not enjoy this type of entertainment.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear JamesH,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this review. I truly apologize that our $1.50 safe fee has inconvenienced you. The fee assessed is not a bait and switch, it's a fee we are charged from the company that installed and provided the safes as a security feature for all of our guests. I'm glad we were able to remove the $1.50 for you and hope you understand why the fee is on your invoice. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a comment we truly appreciate the feedback. Have a wonderful winter.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is an older hotel, but as long as you realize that & have realistic expectations, you will find a great value for the cost. The room was clean, bed comfortable and you can turn the heater to fan only to provide white noise. The best feature of this hotel is the free shuttle to the Van Dorn Metro station. That makes touring DC very convenient and cost effective. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear EllenWind,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this review. We were thrilled to have you guys here at the Comfort Inn! I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy your visit to DC as well as Alexandria. Thank you for the recommedation and we truly look forward to having you stay with us again! We hope you enjoy the rest of the year!

Holiday, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Pet friendly. Quite clean. Good access to interstates. Our room faced the interstate interchange and the early morning truck traffic was noisy, as were occupants of another room. Hotel management did try to quite the occupants, and when they could not... compensated us the next morning... though we lost a good bit of sleep with loud tv and slamming doors.

Personnel were polite and professional.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the interstate interchange.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Kerry Holiday,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn Landmark. I'm glad to hear despite the annoyance of traffic and a loud adjoining guest room, that you would come back and see us again. :) Thank you for the compliments I will share them with my team. They will Love to hear it! If you're ever in the DC/Alexandria area again please let me know. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I stay at this hotel whenever we visit the DC/Virgina area, which is maybe 2-3 times a year. We always find it to be fine for the price - not super fancy, but adequate for our needs. The beds are okay (we always choose a king) and we have never had a problem with a dirty room or anything like that in any or our stays. The only thing is make sure you ASK for your coupon for IHOP in the morning for the discount for the breakfast as they do not always just hand them out. But I would recommend this hotel and as I say, we stay here every year.

Room Tip: Ask for your IHOP discount coupon in the morning or you may not get it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Cathy S,

I can't tell you how woncderful it is to read a comment from a loyal guest! First I'd like to Thank You and your Husband for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time out of your busy day to place such a great and informative comment about us to let our future guests know what they can expect when they get here. :-) Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you both again in the future! Have a wonderful fall/winter season.

Summit, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was the best place for me to stay in DC area, just 5 minutes from The Pentagon and another 5 to Union Station in DC. If you catch them at the right time of year, it's also the most inexpensive hotel inside The Beltway. The neighborhood has unmatched ethnic diversity. The adjacent shopping center, a small strip, is like the United Nations includes extremely well run Vietnamese, Cambodian, African, Greek, Korean, Indian, and Latino retail establishments (including restaurants,) which makes one proud to live in a nation of immigrants.
Unfortunately, the price goes sky high in tourist season (Cherry Season, class trips), but usually it's been anywhere between $63 and $85/night. The place, as a whole, is somewhat threadbare, but the rooms themselves are very well maintained and the beds are comfortable, and the ice machines always work (not common in hotels at any price level.) I've stayed there three times (July 2011, Jan 2012, May 2012). My only complaint, and this is potentially serious, is that the wireless internet connection is inconsistent and sometimes downright awful. They need to bring in an entirely different system, or rivive the ethernet jacks that are built into the place. I wish hotels would learn that ethernet connections are the only reliable and secure path to the internet. The nearest McDonald's is the only really connection, and that doesn't help if you're hard at work in your bathrobe all night!

Room Tip: Just ask for something on the 3rd floor or above, also they may know at the desk if there's a la...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear GladstoneWilson,

I absolutely loved your informative comment! I can't tell you how wonderful it is to read a comment from a loyal guest! Thank you for taking the time to put some fantastic area things to do and places to eat down for our future guests. It's always nice to hear from previous guests on recommendations and experiences. :-) I truly appreciate it and we look forward to seeing you again when you're back in the DC/Alexandria area. Thank you again and have a wonderful fall/winter season.

Laura Lee

Been to Comfort Inn Landmark? Share your experiences!