“Vacation to DC” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Temecula, California
“Vacation to DC”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Great value for the $$. We paid $76.50 per night for a King bed room. Refer, micro. $5 credit each toward IHOP (in building) breakfast. Free shuttle to the MetoRail station. Clean linens every day. IHOP was very clean. Hotel shuttle/MetroRail to DC is about 1 hr.

Down side: hotel is well past its prime. Room was clean, but well worn. Hotel shows signs of wear. Neighbrhood is questonable.

For us it was fine. We mostly just slept there. Up early, breakfast at IHOP, and off to DC. Usually returned around 8-9 PM. Showered and bed to start again the next morning.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Malinta, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed here with a school group visiting DC in mid May. Overall the hotel was dingy, although our room wasn't horrible save for the carpet stains and general lack of upkeep to the bathroom. Our toilet was clogged when we arrived, so I told the front desk about it. the clerk handed me a plunger and told me to bring it back when I was finished with it! I told him I would take care of the clog myself but they would have to get the plunger themselves, as the elevators were extremely slow and a roundtrip to the front desk takes 15 minutes. Around 11PM I received a call... it was the front desk asking me to return the plunger! I told them I would leave it in the hall and they could get it at their leisure. A half our later (when we were asleep) there was a knock at the door... it was an employee, asking if it was OK to take the plunger I left in the hall for them!

The vending machines were junk... it was a gamble if you would get the product you selected or if the machine would just take your money. I actually got a bottled lemonade out of one machine (two floor up from my floor as the other machines didn't work), but the lemonade was hot. Not room temperature... but HOT, like a warm cup of tea or something. Nice. I also had to go down a floor for ice as the one on our floor was out of order.

Coffee in the lobby was usually empty... I got one cup the whole three days we stayed.

The hotel grounds are unattractive, and I wouldn't recommend walking around after dark in the area unless you're a male capable of handling himself.

Luckily the sightseeing portion of our trip was great and overshadowed the crappy hotel. No idea what rate our school got for this hotel, but I guarantee we won't be back.

Room Tip: I don't know if there are any good rooms... all people we traveled with had many complaints
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Bowie, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

hi, i stayed there july 27th till mid aug. had a great experience there, customer sercvice was great, loved 5 dollar of coupons for ihope, and anytime i had a questions , employees where very helpfull and great

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

wonderful front desk staff extremely helpful and friendly , clean rooms has i hop inside the building open 24/7 at first i was hesitating about staying there but now i would recommend it everybody best place to take your family to

Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

The Comfort Inn Landmark Hotel was just fine for a brief stay, conveniently located near interstate, and a simple drive to Old Town Alexandria, where we dined and shopped. The money we saved on the $59 nightly rate compared to other hotels in Old Town paid for the dinner and shopping! We'll certainly return. Clean and comfortable, with $5.00 courtesy breakfast voucher for the IHOP located in the hotel. Not luxury, but very satisfactory economy stay.

pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

This was the worst hotel I have ever been at.
Only one staff member was beyond helpful. I was informed at check in to park in the back parking lot as to prevent any damage to my car- since there is a 24 hour IHOP and there is alot of traffic in and out all day and night. 4 days into our weeklong stay we arrived back at the hotel and found signs on the doors to only park in the front lot as the back lots have been roped off and they were going to pave the parking lot...there was no parking at 7pm- and I asked the RUDE manager at the desk where we are to park when we come back and she just wanted to complain about her job and that she was not told anything about it. She acted llike it was a huge inconvience for her to do her job and assist the customers staying there. When we arrived back after midnight- there was no place to park and she wanted to get into a full out heated argument with me about how she doesn't know where to tell people to park. she ran out to the parking lot where someone had just left and stood in the parking place and YELLED at me to have my husband pull the car around---and kept yelling at me until he did arrive in the parking place. Needless to say- our night was ruined and then we had to change plans the next day- since we didn't want to leave the hotel and move our car - and go through this again. The shuttle is a joke- was never on time- if you have tours , etc arranged in DC plan to arrive much earlier- as you are not sure when the shuttle bus is going to really leave the hotel. You get $5 voucher for breakfast which is overpriced to begin with and you will spend over $10 a person for breakfast in the I HOP. Difficulty getting towels in the morning as the housekeeper tells me " no English", I called choice hotels and filed a complaint. they told me the owners are to respond to my complaint and call within 72 hours......a few weeks later-- still no response from the hotel. Now I know where the staff gets their lack of caring for the customers. I called cstomer relations again to follow up on my initial call since I did not get a call as I was told I was going to - they told me there was a note that the hotel sent me out a letter on the 10th of August. I still have not received that letter- and I keep calling back to customer relations to tell them that this hotel does not care about following the choice hotel procedure for follow up complaints and I still have not received my letter.....I would recommmend to NEVER go to this hotel- even if it's the last one on the planet.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

The staff was incredibly helpful. Wonderful breakfast. Stayed 2 nights and the breakfast was different for both days! Room was clean and beds comfy.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Landmark? Share your experiences!