“Super Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Chicago, Illinois
“Super Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

The staff was incredibly helpful. Wonderful breakfast. Stayed 2 nights and the breakfast was different for both days! Room was clean and beds comfy.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

After reading some of the reviews here, I really was considering canceling my reservation. I'm glad I didn't! The staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful and the pool was crystal clear. The only problem we had was the first night, the first room we had, the a.c. was not working. Called front desk, they sent maintenance up to look at it, then transferred us to another room because they didn't want to waste our time trying to fix it. After that, it was great. Beds were cozy and everything was clean. This is NOT a bad area and I did not see any shady looking characters that others described on here. The only downfall is if you actually drive from the hotel to DC, you need actual directions to get back to the hotel, or it is confusing to find. Would not hesitate to stay here again! The comment people made about the free breakfast, well you get $5.00 towards it, so for myself, my husband and two kids, we got breakfast with drinks for around $17 after the discount. The food is excellent and servers are top notch. All for less than you would spend for breakfast at McDonald's. Some people are just never happy.

Livonia, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

The rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very good! Staff was extremely nice and helpful.

Swansea, massachusetts, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

The staff was nice and the rooms were very clean, but being that they carried the Comfort Inn, you expect a comforable bed. Unfortunately it feels as though the mattresses have not been replaced in the past 50 years. I think that a good rehab needs to be done.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Frederick, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

First off, my mom booked this room. She had accumulated enough points for a free nights stay and this is the hotel that was available. My mom called before her stay to inquire about the cleanliness of the hotel and the lady at the front desk told her that she was new and didn't have any information (red flag #1). When we arrived to the hotel there was a shady group of characters standing outside and we wondered if it was safe to leave our car unattended overnight (red flag #2). The inside of the hotel smelled horribly of smoke, the lobby is disgustingly dirty and the young adults hanging around the lobby were creepy. I've worked in the hotel industry so I started questioning the front desk attendant about the rooms - he told me that he too was new and couldn't answer my questions. He then went on to say that even the owners were new and didn't know much about the hotel (red flag #3 - should have been all we needed to turn and run out of that place). We asked to see the room before deciding if we would stay or not...good thing we did. Room 406 was GROSS. The floor was stained, the bed linens looked as if they'd never been washed and when I pulled back the covers to inspect for bed bugs, I found bed bug fecal matter. PUKE! When I told the front desk attendant about my find, he didn't flinch (as if he'd heard it before) and said, "So you won't be staying?" This hotel is GROSS, GROSS and more GROSS. Run, don't walk away from this place!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Worcester, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

OK this is a hard one. This hotel is in a bad place with a night staff that dosn't care about their customers. We had a decent first night but needed some milk so we asked the front desk where we could go he sent us to a 99cent store that didn't carry milk we finally found some at a grocery store later. the second night was something else again .Running banging screaming. kind of dyed down after 11 then at 5 am I heard what could only describe as the worst barrage of language so I got up and went down to the lobby and to my surprise the desk clerk was screaming "This is what you do " over and over the security guard was standing there listening. I went out side for a smoke when I came back the security guard said you got a problem .as I got back on the elevator .Oh did I forget I was on the second floor when I was awoke by her screaming.

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Smithfield, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

This Hotel is a low end affair. It is OK if you are an adult traveling alone and just passing through but DO NOT BRING YOUR FAMILY to stay during a vacation etc. The plumbing is unreliable/old. The Shuttle Service is a bad joke. The "Free" Breakfast is a scam to drum up business for the I-HOP located in the lobby. Finally, if you do have a problem you will be shocked at how little the Management cares about your stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
TaraInn, Manager at Comfort Inn Landmark, responded to this review, March 30, 2011
Thank You for your comments of our hotel. We look for reviews that give us an insight to our hotel. I understand how frustrating it is to have such a stay and I can only hope that you understand that this stay was far below our expectations as well. We hope you will give us another opportunity.

Been to Comfort Inn Landmark? Share your experiences!