“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carlyle Club

Carlyle Club
411 John Carlyle St, Alexandria, VA 22314 (Eisenhower East)
+1 703-548-5953
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 9 Nightlife in Alexandria
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Clubs
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This club is beautiful and a great place to go for live music. My husband and I always try to go when they do a Frank Sinatra tribute. We've been impressed by the food, the music and the staff and can't wait to go again!

Visited November 2013

Richmond, Virginia
36 attraction reviews
“Dinner Club & Entertainment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The venue is very nice, and the food was very good. A little expensive, but you don't go here every week! We celebrated my birthday here and enjoyed The Fabulous Hubcaps singing 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's music. The service was good, not extraordinary. My $10 margarita was not worth it.....I asked for very little ice and received a drink filled with ice and little liquid. That was disappointing, but the food overall was good. The venue is great for listening to music, and I recommend The Fabulous Hubcaps.

Visited June 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
15 attraction reviews
“Falls Short of Expectations”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

New Year's Eve the greedy owners jammed so many tables in that you couldn't get thru to dance to the Great Doc Scantlin. It wouldn't matter if you did get through, they put so many tables on the dance floor you couldn't dance anyway. We got there at 7:30 with the statement "You want to be done eating when the show starts?" In reality we did not get our food until after 10 pm when I DEMANDED we get our food. My food was OK, comparable to Outback Steakhouse. My husbands was HORRIBLE. Imagine our shock when 4 people had over a $700 bill over the $200 cover charge we already paid. Our table mate was so outraged he complained and each couple got some money back. Nice recovery BUT service has always been slow. Hard to get a drink. Really something wrong with service training. Doc made it a good experience but that is not enough.

Visited December 2013
McLean, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
“Nice Club”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Saw Doc Scantlin & His Imperial Palms Orchestra with Chou Chou recently at the Carlyle Club with a group of a dozen or so. The place reminded me of the old River Club in Georgetown. The entertainment was very good, food mediocre at best and once the show began the service trailed off significantly as I had to walk over to the bar to order a bottle of wine. The bartender was very nice, apologized for the servers, and brought the wine over to our table. Would possibly go back depending on who's entertaining. Doc's wife Chou Chou is very entertaining. During the performance there is audience participation. One thing that is a bid odd is the "showoff" couples dancing (some fresh out of Arthur Murray) while the performance is going on. Seems rude to me but it is permitted it and Doc didn't seem to mind!

Visited November 2013
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Great Entertainment!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This place is amazing. I went with my fiance, and we couldn't have been happier. The show we saw was on one of their Jazz Thursdays, and the performers were fantastic. Very engaging, and actually spent some time trying to get the audience involved in the show which was entertaining.

The decor is great, very old school big band jazz club kind of feel. The wait staff was on top of their game, very attentive. They did a great job giving recommendations and just being sociable which was also nice.

The drinks were out of this world. Honestly, the bartender here blew my mind. I usually order a Tom Collins first thing at a bar, to gage the bartender's skill. If they have no idea what that is, don't trust them, only order beer. But the bartender here not only knew what it was, but made one of the best I ever had. In talking to her, she showed my fiance some of the more creative drinks she makes, and all of them were amazing.

The food as also great. I had the steak, which was cooked perfectly, but what really wowed me was the fried calamari appetizer. Now, every place can do fried calamari, so it's usually a good standby but nothing special. But here, not only was it very fresh, but they covered the fried goodness with cheese, something I'd never thought of, and it blew my mind. Something so simple, yet I've been craving it ever since!

Definitely returning here!