“Never Fails...” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Alexandria, Virginia
“Never Fails...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I am a HUGE fan of Bonefish and this place is just as great as the rest. I live about 15 minutes away and anytime I have my Bang Bang Shrimp and Pomegranate Martini craving, I am there! The service is always excellent and the food made just right. This is my go-to Bonefish in the area.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Alexandria, Virginia
“Those Bang Bang shrimp can't be beat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Bonefish has become our favorite seafood place. The service is devine and the food is excellent. Their signature appetizer, Bang Bang shrimp is to die for. We always get it, no matter what else we order. Bonefish is a great place - you'll love it!

Visited April 2014
Lorton, Virginia
“Excellent Place for Good Fish”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This Bonefish grill is typical of all in the chain. High quality food at a reasonable price. If it is the weekend plan on a wait. Hostess staff not always the best, but don't let that deter you.

Visited March 2014
Alexandria, VA
“Hate to Say, It Was Just OK.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

One of my go-to restaurants for seafood, I first discovered BFG on vacation in Wilmington, NC in 2009. Howvever, my most recent vist was just "meh". I will give them props for finally changing their policy and accepting reservations; eating at this restaurant on a Saturday night was next to impossible without enduring a 45 minute wait. As far as the meal goes; Drinks: Blackberry Mojito was flavorful but a little short on rum; my friend enjoyed his Cranberry Martinis. Appetizer: BFG Imperial Dip - scallops, shrimp, crabmeat in cheese based sauce with some pita chips. It was ok, nothing outstanding despite my expectations given my three fav seafoods - also there were not enough of the pita chips for a party of 2. Salad; Cesar -very fresh, very good and well dressed considering a lot of restaurants are skimping on the salad dressing these days, I didnt need to ask for extra dressing. Entrees: we both selected the large portion of Chilean sea bass with a simple lemon butter topping. The fish, as expected, was excellent. However, BFG could benefit from a vist from a food stylist. Since we first 'eat with our eyes' the plate presentation was definitely lacking; a hunk of fish on one side of the plate, a glop of the potatoes au gratin next to the fish and a few 'seasonal vegetables' on the side. There was no 'wow factor', not even any kind of garnish (bring back the parsley) to upgrade the plate to a culinary experience from just another chain restaurant meal. Service: absolutely no complaints there, service was attentive, yet non obtrusive. BFG could use an energy jolt before becoming just another run of the mill seafood house (see Red Lobster!)

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lee's Summit, MO
“Good Food, Good Service, Long Wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Tried to eat at this restaurant on two occasions. The first had a 40 minute wait on a Wednesday evening. Too long for us. The following evening was 20 minutes and I'm glad we stayed. We were offered free bits of appetizers as we waited and was served drinks (not free). The wait was true to their guesstimate. Once seated, the bang-bang shrimp, the chicken main course, and the dessert was very good. Too good as I ate too much. Our server was fairly new, but did well. Would return there on another trip to DC.

Visited January 2014